Sign in to follow this  
Geek95

AF2014 Collectors Edition and Video Downloads?

Strangely, I'm unable to download Tim's AF2014 Announce Video off my Humble Bundle page at any resolution. I've tried three different programs to download it, and they all find the file to be offline. I downloaded everything else at 1080p with no problems at all.

Is this messed up for anyone else, or am I a special case?

I get some kind of network error in Pale Moon. You're not the only one.

I'll look into this today.

Edit- I was able to pull down the 1080p version in Google Chrome (save link as) without any issue. Playback seems ok too. It's only this particular one that's giving you problems? What process are you using to download the videos?

I was simply [ctrl+]left-clicking the videos to watch them in my browser. The actual error I get in the embedded video player (Not a plugin/addon player) is "Video playback aborted due to a network error."

I also tried right-click/save-as, but that resulted in a 0-byte file.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but this announce video is the only one with an apostrophe in its filename.

Separately:

1. The day 11 video filenames are typoed "day1_1xxxx" instead of "day11_xxxx"

2. The day 10 video filenames are the only ones that have "Day" capitalized (not really an issue)

I get the feeling the chance of it being the apostrophe could be pretty high. I emailed humble about it just now, i'll have an update when it's straightened out.

Not sure if it's still useful to know, but I tried the following:

Right-click - Save As in Firefox.

Coping the link to both Flashget and JDownloader.

Everything failed.

I also tried left-clicking on Firefox and I got the same message as nmalinoski.

As I said before, it's only the announce video. I tried all three different quality files and none of them worked. Hopefully Humble can sort it out.

Not sure if it's still useful to know, but I tried the following:

Right-click - Save As in Firefox.

Coping the link to both Flashget and JDownloader.

Everything failed.

I also tried left-clicking on Firefox and I got the same message as nmalinoski.

As I said before, it's only the announce video. I tried all three different quality files and none of them worked. Hopefully Humble can sort it out.

Ok the file is updated, give it a shot now.

It was delightful to see the Day 11 video, post-mortems, and the spoiler chat with Pen Ward. A nice capper to the AF2014 experience. Thanks for another batch of great videos, Asif, Paul, and Paul!

It was delightful to see the Day 11 video, post-mortems, and the spoiler chat with Pen Ward. A nice capper to the AF2014 experience. Thanks for another batch of great videos, Asif, Paul, and Paul!
Sorry it took so long!

Just got an email about the VHX keys. Thanks!
Great, I heard these would be going out today. Glad someone could confirm they received it.

Great, I heard these would be going out today. Glad someone could confirm they received it.

Yessir. Fantastic work, by the way. I've enjoyed literally everything I've seen by 2PP and will continue to support your future endeavors.

Yessir. Fantastic work, by the way. I've enjoyed literally everything I've seen by 2PP and will continue to support your future endeavors.

Thanks! And again, sorry it took so long. We're taking steps to be sure we don't wind up in a situation like that again.

Thanks! And again, sorry it took so long. We're taking steps to be sure we don't wind up in a situation like that again.

Don't sweat it. It was frustrating after some time had passed, sure, but you all addressed the situation and took care of it. In the end, that's all that matters.

As Shigeru Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." I think that's true for most any product. Thanks for taking the time to do it right.

Cheers!

I absolutely agree. Wonderful work, and while the delays were a bit enervating, you handled them well and it worked in the end. :)

When I try to download some of the new videos on Humble I just receive the error "Resource Not Found". Specifically, this concerns the Mnemonic and Steed Team videos and the Audio Team Round Table one.

When I try to download some of the new videos on Humble I just receive the error "Resource Not Found". Specifically, this concerns the Mnemonic and Steed Team videos and the Audio Team Round Table one.
Let me check in with them, this is the first i've heard of a problem with those.

Reply from Humble about possible reasons for the problem-

They are not completing their download and are trying to play a corrupted file.

Their browser is trying and failing to play the videos and they should right click and save as.

Earlier this week our CDN shifted the way they did things and so we had some odd down time for some downloads, but that should be resolved now.

My guess is the culprit is #3.

z7mMLg1l.jpg

Production prototype to check that the discs are correct, and they are! Going to manufacture soon!

z7mMLg1l.jpg

Production prototype to check that the discs are correct, and they are! Going to manufacture soon!

Awesome news. Can't wait. :)

Reply from Humble about possible reasons for the problem-

They are not completing their download and are trying to play a corrupted file.

Their browser is trying and failing to play the videos and they should right click and save as.

Earlier this week our CDN shifted the way they did things and so we had some odd down time for some downloads, but that should be resolved now.

My guess is the culprit is #3.

I never reported back to say that the links work again. But they do! Well, already since I saw the post of yours prior to this one. ^^

UPDATE FROM THE PRINTER-

The digipaks are finishing up this week. final assembly will be next week. I'll keep you posted as soon as they are ready to ship.

UPDATE FROM THE PRINTER-

The digipaks are finishing up this week. final assembly will be next week. I'll keep you posted as soon as they are ready to ship.

Great news! Thanks for the updates. :)

Question: Do you get that 'post release depression' that they talked about so much in episode 20 with your documentary episodes? I would probably rather chew my own arm off than sit through the same footage over and over to find little rendering glitches and editing mishaps again and again. I'd imagine that by the time you finish you never want to see that footage again, so it'd be more of a 'relief' than a depression.

r3Dxwto.jpg?1

Paul asked me to post a picture of these discs! They're hopefully gonna start shipping in the next few weeks, probably after PAX as that's a very busy time for Fangamer.

Sign in to follow this