Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
⛸Coolsome on Ice⛸

it's real...IT'S REAL!!!!!!!!

I could have sworn this was actually confirmed by some people at Atari a while back. Everyone's acting like this is news, so I guess I'm just crazy.

I could have sworn this was actually confirmed by some people at Atari a while back. Everyone's acting like this is news, so I guess I'm just crazy.

Someone mentioned it, but it's one of those things that's so outlandish, that there's no way it really happened.

I was floored when I read about it today. They did it. They actually did it.

I 've heard the rumour and I've heard a former employee shruggingly admit it, but to actually see it... That's crazy.

That's definitely crazy. I was hoping I could go to this too when it was announced. since the dig was open to the public (and I had a feeling it was going to turn out to be true, judging from the amount of people who have confirmed it over the years), but I'm on the other side of the country so it wasn't possible for me to make it unforunately.

It's really cool to have this urban myth finally confirmed though. :) Plus, they were put in dirt rather than dumped at sea (like so many early television shows, unfortunately, especially those from the DuMont network), so they might still work.

I'm a little surprised to see Centipede in there though (I thought that was a decent port, and had always heard of Pac-Man as being the port that ended up being dumped with ET).

Wait, how is this news? How is this an urban myth? It was reported in the press at the time and an Atari representative confirmed it.

I remember doing a speech about video game history that I had include this in it a few years ago. I'll have to look for the file for it for my source for the speech too.

Wait, how is this news? How is this an urban myth? It was reported in the press at the time and an Atari representative confirmed it.
I used to live in Alamogordo and I had no idea people thought it wasn't real.

Could they not find a more ill fitting hard hat.

Hard hats actually have a suspension system inside that separates the hat from the head a bit:

PceKFI2.jpg

What happened here probably isn't that the hat didn't fit, this was probably a case of putting the hat on and not properly adjusting the straps inside.

Sign in to follow this