Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnakehpks

why are newer double fine games dropping achievements on steam ?

This really confuses me , as most earlier releases even tracing back to Psychonauts the first game has achievements.

I have noticed that most of the early access releases like spacebase, hack n slash and even new releases like broken age have all dropped achievements support ? why ? what if these games are going to be released on consoles in the future ?

It may be because none of those games are complete yet. Broken Age still has act 2 under development, and both SBDF9 and Hack 'n' Slash are early access. I imagine that achievement support is probably a low priority when there's still plenty of work to do on the game itself.

It may be because none of those games are complete yet. Broken Age still has act 2 under development, and both SBDF9 and Hack 'n' Slash are early access. I imagine that achievement support is probably a low priority when there's still plenty of work to do on the game itself.

that makes sense for the early access games but act 1 is a complete experience , are they expecting people to play act 1 again if they add it after releasing act 2 ?

i haven't even heard of anything mentioned anywhere remotely that these would even have any achievements support at all.

not even sure if massive chalice has achievements?

I think act 2 is intended to be added to act 1, becoming one game.

Broken Age really doesn't need achievements. There isn't really much to do outside the main quest.

I don't think it's even possible to unlock achievements in Early Access games, since I've had a couple of those that have had achievements listed but didn't actually unlock anything until they left Early Access.

Broken Age really doesn't need achievements. There isn't really much to do outside the main quest.

"You clicked Grabbin' Gary 1000 times! You sure love grabbin'!"

"You made the Tree vomit 100 times repeatedly! Par-tay!"

Smiles

Smiles

Haha I guess that'd work :D

Smiles

That's brilliant!

"You attempted to use the Spoon on everything in the ship. Classic."

"You fell through the clouds 100 times. Shoes much?"

Smiles