Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reid_Harris_Cooper

HELP PLEASE?

I'm the worst hacker in the world.

I am completely and utterly stuck at the puzzle to free the other girl prisoner.

The revolving platform where you speed it up or slow it down to get them to all match up. Is this all a timing thing on my part?

If it is I'll just never be successful possibly and will go into my impressions of the game cause I expected there to be a way to hack more maybe.

Please Help!

If you just set it to 1, stop it when the outer ring is in a one of the cardinal points. Set the speed to -1 until it sets the next out most ring in the same position and then stop it. Repeat until they are all lined up and not moving. Walk to Ida and then talk to her I suggested one of the cardinal points because the path is very narrow and bumping the sides of it kicks you off the path completely.

Okay... I was being more complicated trying -3 and 4 and all that stuff...

-1 and 1 worked perfectly..

BUT

Now I have no idea what this pyramid/value thing does or how to even operate it.

Value of what?

I don't know if my is even maybe bugged as all the text looks completely corrupt.

Have you run into the warden yet? The invisible wizard mentioned earlier that the warden of the prison can see the names of things like you can with the hat... FYI, you'll need the halcyon lamp to solve this puzzle (it's near Ida).

If the text looks weird there should be a way to fix that.

I recommend looking for somewhere those symbols appear in the environment and seeing if you can tweak them any further.

There is a puzzle in a completely different room, somewhat earlier in the dungeon (but still after the fireball room), which you will need the wizard hat and a bit of observation to solve. Until you do so, forget about the pyramid thing entirely. You should know when you've solved it.

I restarted the game because through trial and error of screwup and I don't know what just happened I ended outside the castle with unsolved puzzles. So...

I got the lamp and the pyramid again.

I used the Lamp in various glyph rooms with no success and Ida's text is still completely offset so I don't know what is being asked to change the variable.

I assume I need to reset the offset in that room before IDA with the spinning disc.

But unless I spend 28398743837484748 hours with trial & error I'll never know the right offset.

I assume it was what it was originally, but I forget what that is and I'd need to rewind all the way back again.

So... cheat sheet here? Please?

I assume I need to reset the offset in that room before IDA with the spinning disc.

Your assumption is incorrect. What you need to do is play the right song in the room mentioned by buckysrevenge. It will reveal the ports you need to hack to fix the dialog.

I told you. Forget about Ida's pyramid and the lamp completely. You don't have it. Ignore it. There is a completely separate puzzle you must solve before using it.

Go to the armoury room where you got your sword back. Now go into the room to the far left with your sword and your magic hat. Ignore everything else in your inventory, you don't need them. Don't walk out until you're sure you've solved the room, at which point all the garbled text should be readable (as should the glyphs you see when using the magic hat).

edit:

You don't have to do any frequency analysis, and you don't have to guess anything.

I have tried everything imaginable and nothing is working. Obviously I'm just an idiot and I'm okay to admit it.

I have no clue how to figure out the order of the notes here.

There are five switches to the left of the platform with the glyphs on it in the room I described. Play around with them while wearing the hat, and be observant.

Thanks guys... got that all solved.

Now I'm out of the dungeon... Although I'm not sure I was supposed to leave it, because I can't figure out how a single one of these devices can help with Infinite Woods.

I thought maybe Ida/Halycyon could make the Finite woods... but nope.

So... I just have no idea how to play this damn game.

Go into the infinite forest and, using the hat, try to see if there's anything that differentiates the paths from one another.

I've done everything, found the empty chest by the fireballs, got the lamp and figured out Ida, how do I get past the Warden?

The warden wrote your name down when you were thrown in prison, and he can tell by sight alone that you're name's on his roster.

What if you could get him to mistake you for someone else?

Sign in to follow this