Sign in to follow this  
Diduz76

Updates! :-P

Did you miss the update?

Slacker backers unfortunately don't get access to the Kickstarter updates :(

Oh, beg pardon. In that case, Greg - you oughta post that update on the forum, so that all backers can see it!

For those that aren't able to see it, here's a summary:

"We’ve been in full on production mode for Act 2 for a few months now. The team slimmed down a bit after shipping Act 1 to start pre-production on Act 2, but we’ve been slowly ramping the size back up as more and more work comes online. We started with Shay’s half of the act first and are continuing to rough in puzzles and animations there as we speak. There’s already a good chunk of Shay’s act playable, which is really exciting. It’s still super weird to see Shay hanging out in Vella’s world after all this time with him in the ship!

Tim’s nearly done with all the writing for Shay and will soon move on to writing all the dialog for Vella’s half of the act. Until then, he’ll be locked up in his office working to get as much writing done as possible before we get the gang back together for voice recording in early July.

As always, all this is being captured on camera 2 Player Productions, and they’re hard at work on the next documentary episode. This one will detail the early days of Act 2 development and should be done in about a month! Until then, here are a few of the earliest Act 2 sketches from Bagel of folks having new interactions!"

And then there are a couple of mock-ups of some familiar non-main characters in locations that we haven't seen them in yet.

Thanks for the update Greg! I think I gotta buy and play Grim Fandango before I watch that vid though : P.

I essentially agree with Filipus. Even basic things like art drops and minor updates from different departments makes a big difference. Again, I think all of their projects could benefit from a little more frequency on the updates, even if they are minor. Maybe I'm just an addict. People complain about too much stuff in Star Citizen and i never get enough.

Thanks for the update Greg! I think I gotta buy and play Grim Fandango before I watch that vid though : P.

Nah. Tim doesn't get very far. If anything watching the video might make you want to play it.

Did you miss the update?

Slacker backers unfortunately don't get access to the Kickstarter updates :(

I'm a Slacker Backer, and I get them. They come directly from Double Fine rather than through Kickstarter though. Maybe it's something with your email settings on your account?

I thought what was at issue here was that this particular update was posted on Kickstarter only, and that there hasn't been a corresponding email to go with it. But since I'm a regular and not slacker backer I can't tell. Can a slacker backer confirm if they got an email with the text that I pasted a few posts ago?

Slacker backer here. Yup, I got the e-mail.

I do feel like a bunch of the content could (and maybe should) have been cross-posted onto the forums so that people can more easily reference it, but hey, people are busy.

Update is live! PHEW, dodged the torch forks yet again!

You passed this time Greg...this time....

TORCH FORKS 2014

(always watching)

Probably not on a sunday.

I don't like it that it always has to come to this situation where people crave for updates and where the forums are full of pleas for some information. More communication wouldn't go amiss.

Sign in to follow this