Sign in to follow this  
Diduz76

Updates! :-P

I understand each documentary episode takes time, but I'd like to see the good ol' Greg's updates back... ;-)

I'd like to see the game come back. When is part 2 expected?

Would indeed be nice to have the Documentary Production Status updated again (been 6 months...) since that was what I usually checked after looking for new threads.

Yeah, a bit weird how comminication dried up without notice. But there are mass... large amounts of massive challice team updates on youtube for those who need a fix. And Hack'n'Slash is gonna kick some butt. Hmmm, when did I become a fanboy?

I'm gonna go ahead and believe that no news is good news. Like they don't have time to make an update because they're busy with the game.

Yeah, but really though, Documentary Production Status is lagging by over an episode. Is it deprecated?

Yeah, but really though, Documentary Production Status is lagging by over an episode. Is it deprecated?

Yeah It has been like that for a while... To be honest I am not so worried about the actual documentary vids (I love them of course, but understand that we have already had more than we expected)... But I do find it a shame that any posts of any kind haven't been done for an age now...

...If I was a betting man I suspect that Broken Age Act One hasn't had quite the sales they hoped for.. and so they are now focussing now on getting some other games out to get additional revnue in, before going back to Act two. This might not be a bad thing... As it will give everyone who worked and burnt out fron Act One a change and give Tim some serious time to make the writing and puzzles to be amazing (and I have everything crossed to give the option to be harder as well).

If I was a betting man I suspect that Broken Age Act One hasn't had quite the sales they hoped for.. and so they are now focussing now on getting some other games out to get additional revnue in, before going back to Act two.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, but I would really like to stand corrected. That's the reason I started the thread. ;-)

I hear this is the place to whine about new stuffs?

GIMME NEW EPSIDOE NAOW

One of the things that kept backers & fans on-board with the delays and overruns was great open communication and the fantastic documentaries. It seems like the information well has run dry, and I can't be the only one feeling bummed by that.

I have no idea what's going on at Double Fine, but I find i baffling that they just leave the fans without any kind of information or response. I was critical at the lack of information and delays even rather early on, but it now seems to have reached a whole new level. It wouldn't have taken much to satisfy people, so why not do it? Chaos and breakdown at DF?

Chaos and breakdown at DF?

Well, Hack 'n' Slash just came out, Brad is continuously working on Massive Chalice, Costume Quest 2 is in the works... DF is alive. :-) But my guess is that Broken Age Part 2 is moving REALLY slowly (concept art, preproduction), if at all. I remember that in the last documentary episode Tim said they changed strategy and would be working on mobile ports of Act 1: that's probably a way to make more cash before committing to Act 2. Since these mobile ports haven't come out yet, I am afraid we'll be lucky if Act 2 will come out in the Fall.

But I'm just guessing. Guessing is stressing. Don't like that (too much). :-P

So much speculation. Ha. At times like this, I am pretty glad I'm a patient person.

Smiles

Idk. I'm sadly losing faith. The game was good and looked amazing. But the critics weren't wrong...

That aside. Its the lack of communication on all projects that is bugging me. Maybe they just have small teams and so can't move very fast or divert resources. I get that and as a Star Citizen I know I am super spoiled by CIG with their mountains of growing money.

I just feel disappointed. I'm not sad/mad I backed Broken Age or Massive Chalice or Space Base. But I'm not gonna buy early access for Hack n Slash despite how cool its looking already.

Transparency, communication and engagement are what make the whole crowd funding idea worthwhile to me. Without them, I'll eagerly await the release and review of DF games. Cuz' they're cool.

You're so right about the communication. The transparency is what got so many fans engaged with an emotionally invested in the game and the whole creation process. It seems senseless and silly to burn so much goodwill by just going dark like this.

ANYONE FROM DF CARE TO CHIME IN?

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. Things have indeed just been really busy over here these days. I'm actually in the middle of writing a Kickstarter update RIGHT NOW! It won't have a new documentary episode, but there will be some fun stuff from 2 Player Productions and an update on what's been going on. Expect it to drop on Friday!

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently. Things have indeed just been really busy over here these days. I'm actually in the middle of writing a Kickstarter update RIGHT NOW! It won't have a new documentary episode, but there will be some fun stuff from 2 Player Productions and an update on what's been going on. Expect it to drop on Friday!

Great news ... looking forward to the update :).

That's great, Greg! Thanks. :-)

Torch forks are ready to go the moment it hits 0000 hours on Saturday (PST).

Torch forks are ready to go the moment it hits 0000 hours on Saturday (PST).

Torch forks better make a cameo appearance in the second half of the game...

Thanks for the update, Greg. Couple things:

1. You seem really excited that we have to wait a month for the next episode of the documentary. :(

2. You mentioned Super Time Force is on 360 and Xbox One. I heard it was supposed to be coming to Steam too? Is this incorrect? If not I might have to get it on 360. No Xbox One. :(

3. Transistor is awesome.

Ok, really, this is bad. You guys need to give us more updates! Even if small ones, we don't care! What happened to the programming updates? Can't we get artwork from Act 1 that was not seen because of spoilers? Things like that!

I know you guys are busy but... Other kickstarters that I backed after yours are already in over 70+ updates... We don't hear anything for months!

I'm only saying this because it would really make a big difference. Btw, all the updates we had were AMAZING, just so you know. <3

Other Kickstarters you backed probably don't come with massive, professionally produced documentaries though.

3. Transistor is awesome.

Hell yeah it is. This is now a Transistor thread.

I think this is the first game that I've felt needed to be played to 100% completion (all achievements). There's so much mechanical depth that you can't get at in your first play. I still haven't completed my first recursive game, but I blame that partly on the fact that I'm using all the limiters all the time (and I'm stumped by one of the speed tests).

Other Kickstarters you backed probably don't come with massive, professionally produced documentaries though.

But that is exactly my point. I love the documentaries and I understand they take time but in the mean while we could get other things... Art update, sound update, programming update. Artwork from Act I, parts that were cut from the game... Etc etc etc.. Or even a "Hi! We still love you" from the community manager haha.

But that is exactly my point. I love the documentaries and I understand they take time but in the mean while we could get other things... Art update, sound update, programming update. Artwork from Act I, parts that were cut from the game... Etc etc etc.. Or even a "Hi! We still love you" from the community manager haha.

Did you miss the update?

Did you miss the update?

Slacker backers unfortunately don't get access to the Kickstarter updates :(

Sign in to follow this