Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Micromaniak

Grim Fandango 2 For Tim Schafer

That's good, but you might want to post something like that in the 'games of yore' section.

Et nous ne parlons pas le francais. Tu veux peut-etre parler anglais la aussi?

My french is bad.

What I was trying to say is perhaps the facebook group should be bi-lingual.

Malheureusement, Lucas Arts a les droits du Grim Fandango. Vous devrez leur demander.

Désolé, si mon français est un peu difficile de comprendre. Je ne suis pas le meilleur au fait de parler la langue.

You do know that Grim Fandago was done while with Lucus Arts so that means they own the rights to the game. So if there be a sequel it would be out of Double Fine's hands for the most part.

And knowing lucas arts it will go something like this:

Guy 1: Hey I've been thinking we should make a sequel to Grim Fandango!

Guy 2: Oh my that's a brilliant idea!! Lets get to work!

George Lucas: ZOMG Guys I just thought of the greatest idea for a new game to make

Guy 2: Cool what did you think of?

George Lucas: A Starwars Bowling Game!!!

Guy 1: OMG! Thats great and we can publish a re-skinned versian of it every year!!!!!

George Lucas: I know, I'm a genious!!

Guy 2: Yes lets cancel all our other ideas and make this!!

Unfortunately, Lucas Arts has the rights of Grim Fandango. You should ask them.

Sorry if my french is a little difficult to understand. I'm not the best in fact speak the language.

Pas de problème. C'est Google Translator ont été arrive à portée de main.

Not a problem. That's were Google Translator comes in handy.

My one concern is how could Grim Fandango have a sequel? It hardly ends on a cliffhanger.

But what's in the 9th underworld? I kid, of course. The mystery in itself is reference to the unknown nature of death. Writing a sequel to Grim Fandango would be like writing a sequel to Citizen Cane. They are amazing and, in fact, amazing enough that they said all that needed to be said within the movie. A sequel would ruin the experience.

Maybe It could have a sequel, but one of the things I liked about Grim was that it felt like a sort of completed thing (like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy) not something that they had released hoping they would be able to make more of it.

Unfortunately, Lucas Arts has the rights of Grim Fandango. You should ask them.

Sorry if my french is a little difficult to understand. I'm not the best in fact speak the language.

Pas de problème. C'est Google Translator ont été arrive à portée de main.

Not a problem. That's were Google Translator comes in handy.

Except for those rough translations back make it look a bit weird. Like the "I'm not the best in fact speak the language". xD What is that? Seriously! Why, language barrier! Why would you do that!?

I love manner Engrish to make to transmit times the text it many am.

(Original before multiple translations: I love making Engrish by translating text numerous times.)

If not a sequel, could an alternative be created? Grim Fandango was a brilliant independent piece on the Day of the Dead. What about other, similar holidays? After all, Psychonaughts is also completely independent - of just about anything. What is something new to be done from either of this independent ideas?

I agree that, much as I love the original, Grim Fandango isn't exactly a game that cries out for a sequel. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the original re-released, perhaps via one of the many download channels that are popular today. It would be nice to be able to play it on my newfangled PC (or perhaps even a console) without worrying about it crashing due to lack of compatibility.

I agree that, much as I love the original, Grim Fandango isn't exactly a game that cries out for a sequel. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the original re-released, perhaps via one of the many download channels that are popular today. It would be nice to be able to play it on my newfangled PC (or perhaps even a console) without worrying about it crashing due to lack of compatibility.

Hell Yeah!! I want it on Xbox Live Arcade, wuhuu!!! Just like they're doing with The Secret of Monkey Island: SpecialEdition.

Ahh yes, playing Grim Fandango in widescreen with dolby 5.1 is too crazy for my brain to comprehend. Argh great, now I'm bleeding out my ears!!!

Hell Yeah!! I want it on Xbox Live Arcade, wuhuu!!! Just like they're doing with The Secret of Monkey Island: SpecialEdition.

Ahh yes, playing Grim Fandango in widescreen with dolby 5.1 is too crazy for my brain to comprehend. Argh great, now I'm bleeding out my ears!!!

Holy poop on a stick! Somehow I had never heard of the Monkey Island Special Edition before. That's glorious news. But yes, I'd kill to see Grim Fandango remastered in such a way...as long as it is a remastering, retaining all the original dialogue and puzzles.

It is pretty awesome, you should go check out the gameplay footage on youtube etc.

I really like the new look of the game and the controls seem tight for a console point & click.

From what I can understand, if it sells well, they also really want to relaunch Monkey Island: Lee Chuck's Revenge.

Ah, how I miss the days of adventure games. First Person shooters are nice, and promote teamwork, but sometimes there are puzzles to be solved. I wonder if would be acceptable to make a new thread about such old games like Laura Bow, Frontier Pharmacist, Monkey Island, and Gabriel Knight.

There may be hope Gregory T, with the sudden rise of popular Creative Independant Games (eg. World of Goo and Braid) we could start to see a new direction of the Games Industry

World of Goo and Braid? I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with both these things, dinnerordie17. Do you mind explaining further?

World of Goo is an extremely popular independant puzzle game that was made by about 3 people over 3 years, the 2 main designers used to work for EA until they quit.

Braid is a platformer puzzle made mostly by one person witht he help of sombody that did the art, its very very very good.

World of Goo sold reall well, I'm not sure about the sales of Braid but I'm pretty sure they were pretty good.

Sign in to follow this