Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cecil

E3 2014 - A thread about ridiculous press conferences, hype and the state of the gaming industry

In the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game, you'll be able to scan your amiibo into the game. You'll then be able to fight against your amiibo, team up with it in battle or watch it battle other in-game characters. Your amiibo will be able to increase its attack and defense stats and even learn new fighting tactics. - http://e3.nintendo.com/amiibo/

Not pay to win. This makes it sound more like a mini-game thing that you can avoid if you want. Notice how it does not say you can play as your amiibo and benefit from its stat increases.

Zelda was hot hot hot, Splatoon got a raised eyebrow at first but it looks like fun. No Metroid, but they gave us a Starfox teaser so I'll call it even. Bayonetta 2 coming bundled with 1 is really great. Now I don't have to hunt down a copy of the first. Captain Toad is cool. Everyone who played those mini-games instantly knew they had full game potential. I'm ambivalent about Xenoblade X but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. Nothing really surprised or amazed me but it's a good solid showing.

Microsoft: B

EA: B-

Ubisoft: D+

Sony: B+

Nintendo: B+

It was a decent E3 overall, though I would have liked less zombie games and shooters (and that's coming from someone who loves shooting zombies) and more games as unique as No Man's Sky.

Far Cry 4 gameplay.

TE69TPrkfcQ

I'm really torn about this, after my experiences with Far Cry 3.

One one hand, it is impressive. If I would have seen a couple of years ago, I would be picking up the pieces of my jaw that hit the floor.

The graphics are amazing. It's almost unbelievable that we get to play games like this. And in Far Cry 3, it was a really immersive experience to just drive around and enjoy the graphics and the gameworld. And some missions were really good.

But on the other hand, it was so bloody stupid.

*The story was completely awful during the time I played it (when I reached Island 2, it had overstayed it's welcome).

*The characters were awful also, stereotypes turned to eleven.

*So many sidemissions was mindless chores (but I did like fixing the radio towers).

*The crafting system was complete pants, like it belonged in a F2P Facebook game.

*The save system was just wtf.

I know what I should stay well away from Far Cry 4, but it's still tempting.....

rsfqks.gif

A big question doing the rounds is "is this Link, or Zelda?", and quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass. It looks f**king AMAZING. What else matters?

Right. Yeah. Sorry.

What I MEANT to say was, "is this a male or female Link?", to which I STILL don't give a rat's arse.

WWEGames Community Manager Jared Rea announced the following on the 2K forums:

I arrived here in Los Angeles a few hours ago and I wanted to let you all know to expect a bit of news on WWE2K15 come Thursday morning once our briefings for the week have concluded…

Well you all seem to have come 180 degrees on Nintendo.

What did they announce?

Well you all seem to have come 180 degrees on Nintendo.

What did they announce?

Yo! I was always behind Nintendo. I'm stoked that everyone else seems to be there with me now though.

I am just glad Nintendo got reality checked on the Wii U. You can't just pull ideas out of your butt constantly and assume they'll work because you have a strong brand. You also have to, you know, actually make things people want to play.

Right. Yeah. Sorry.

What I MEANT to say was, "is this a male or female Link?", to which I STILL don't give a rat's arse.

KHoNkKx.png

i could buy a female protagonist, but a female protagonist with no boobs? way too progressive for the video game industry, i'm sorry

I just wanted to step in here to say that I love the look of Zelda Wii U and am seriously considering picking up a Wii U if it ends up being as fantastic as it looks.

Well... if the female protagonist is a kid... It would be kinda weird to give her boobs.
This is Japan you're talking about. So no, it's not at all weird for them to give big boobs to little girls.

While it was a bit closer this year, I think Sony won it once again. And once again, Nintendo did nothing that I cared about.

No Man's Sky is what have impressed me the most so far. Found another E3 video of it.

0APP5WcX8v8

I'm only surprised it took this long for Pac-Man to get confirmed. Namco's helping with the development and all that.

Aonuma said "Who said that was Link?" Also, the Zelda Wii U hero/heroine is wearing Ganondorf's gauntlets and cloak.

And yeah, I'm pretty happy about Pac-Man, though most aren't. I've always been a fan of the wakster.

Sign in to follow this