Sign in to follow this  
bigheadzach

Post/Celebrate Your Bloodline Acceptances Here!

Here's mine. For some reason I can't figure out I don't like it but it's all I could come up with so far.
You could try either lowering the bird and removing the lightning or move (and double up) the eye sun as a replacement for the lightning (possibly raising the bird). Not sure if it will be good, but it's worth a shot.

I'd follow ferret's advice. mess with the spacing/sizing a bit. maybe try eye or sun overlap on something? (that is one object being one color, the other being another)

jsut experimenting with basic design (this isn't great) but shows how spacing things can make things a tad clearer/less cluttered

thing.png

thing.png.9603cc4e5c112a311a4ffe57745a2e

Astan, maybe you could try something like this (removed the image as it was kinda big :x )

I did it quickly and didn't bother changing the colors since I'm [del]still tweaking mine[/del], sorry!

edit: I finished! here is the link. It's still pending, I'll post an image once the judgment has passed :P

It involved heaps of fighting with the shapes' inexplicable asymmetry.

Also I really hope the punctuation and capitalisation in all of the mottos / battle cries / keep names are normalised before they're implemented. :P

edit again: aaaaah I just realised I wrote succor instead of succour :( if anyone from DF reads this, if you could just add that u, it would be greatly appreciated

How about something like this? I raised the lightning forks to be part of the wings, and placed the band at the bottom to fill the large gap that resulted. Sadly, it means I couldn't also put the eye in. If you wanted that, you could remove the band at the bottom, lower the bird/lightning and make the sun bigger to fill the top space. Then you could put the eye in. That draws focus from the bird to the eye though.

winged.png

winged.png.073cd143b8f4b31a16baec3b2b0a6

I was disappointed with the lack of axes for weapon selection; so I made my own. Let me know what you think!

chalice.png

chalice.png.35faa6088b6720e5d36e6ed34282

I was disappointed with the lack of axes for weapon selection; so I made my own. Let me know what you think!
Looks awesome!

Hacked it up while I was eating my lunch. I think it looks pretty good? :D!

Does this happen with anyone that has a long house name?

I think it was happening for Keeps with really long names, not the House's name itself.

That was what I had meant, and hoped! ;)

P.S. How long does it take to get reviewed and accepted?

Another thread was set up for people to announce how long their submissions took: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/14316/

It hasn't been updated in awhile though. I don't know if there are a lot of Backers who aren't registered on the forums, but there hasn't been as many postings as I had expected.

My submission was almost a month ago. I submitted on Wednesday the 18th and got approved on Monday the 23rd. I had to resubmit on Monday and got approved a few hours later.

Just got it accepted! It took about 2 1/2 weeks. The Keep's name is supposed to be 'The Halls Of Shawn Shannon', after my Dad who past away earlier this year, but from the prior conversation I'm sure the whole name will show up ;)

*I'm not sure what the tag 'Thematically Appropriate' is supposed to mean...maybe I made a sigil that sticks to the theme of the game?

Massive Chalice House Shannon.jpg

578d007a432c8_MassiveChaliceHouseShannon

*I'm not sure what the tag 'Thematically Appropriate' is supposed to mean...maybe I made a sigil that sticks to the theme of the game?

Being that I'm a person whose submission was deemed "Not Thematically Appropriate" (and rightfully so) I believe I can answer your question. "Thematically Appropriate" means you did not include a fish man with a bowtie:

sigil.jpg

House George rules.

Not thematically appropriate means that it will still be in the game, but there is an option to toggle thematically appropriate on/off. They can be resubmitted to try and get them appropriate or the submitter can just let them be locked to the toggle only. Thematically appropriate means they will always be in the game (no toggle). It's mostly for things like memes, or references to real world celebreties/catchphrases, or weird fishman with bowties, or other things that could take someone out of the game but are still okay content wise (no dicks or copyright violations).

I haven't submitted yet and I'm just now getting around to making this because of how uncreative I normally am. Any thoughts?

Screenshot from 2014-07-28 14:31:35.png

578d007a5e337_Screenshotfrom2014-07-2814

I haven't submitted yet and I'm just now getting around to making this because of how uncreative I normally am. Any thoughts?

I think it's sweet!

I think it's sweet!

Thanks! I went ahead and submitted it.

I think it mainly has to do with your Sigil not looking like utter garbage . Considering I've seen very little consistency among the "thematically appropriate houses".

Being that I'm a person whose submission was deemed "Not Thematically Appropriate" (and rightfully so) I believe I can answer your question. "Thematically Appropriate" means you did not include a fish man with a bowtie:

House George rules.

Kermit? Is that you?

Accepted as not thematically appropriate, which I think is a shame, because I tried quite hard. I guess it can easily be construed as being more meta than it was really intended. Think I could and/or should ask DF to bump it up as it is?

http://tinyurl.com/o6spdrf

Got my acceptance pretty fast!!

I made like 50 different ones, and I ended up with a pretty simple design, but I'm happy with it.

Demeuron.png

Demeuron.png.6cec2caf2f4246cf08a1d349f24

Accepted as not thematically appropriate, which I think is a shame, because I tried quite hard. I guess it can easily be construed as being more meta than it was really intended. Think I could and/or should ask DF to bump it up as it is?

I don't understand why yours is not thematically appropiate, seeing as dice can be understood as chance, or luck, and have been used in medieval shields and emblems before, as in the city of Mañeru (although there with religious symbolism).

http://arte-historia-curiosidades.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/maneru-pueblo-de-blasones.html

I don't understand why yours is not thematically appropiate, seeing as dice can be understood as chance, or luck, and have been used in medieval shields and emblems before, as in the city of Mañeru (although there with religious symbolism).

http://arte-historia-curiosidades.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/maneru-pueblo-de-blasones.html

I have to admit, I was a little surprised myself. They suggested the die theme was a little silly. It's possible they didn't catch the symbolism, or it wasn't strong enough. Likely they just worried allusions to gaming might ruin some players' immersion.

Accepted. First time was rejected for inappropriate language in the motto. Originally, it was, "Science: It works, [name of a female dog]." I couldn't come up with anything better, so I switched gears just a bit. It was fun, can't wait to see it in game!

Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 8.30.24 AM.png

578d007a8d710_ScreenShot2014-07-29at8.30

Dang, that's a real shame. I intend to stick with the "Thematically Appropriate" bloodlines to avoid stuff like House Epic Bacon with the battle cry IMMA FIRIN' MY LAZOR, but I really like what you've done there. Yeah, "life is but a game" is a little cutely meta. But the visuals are clean, the language isn't obviously silly, and I like that it gives the house itself a little bit of a "devil may care" culture.

Not "Thematically Appropriate" for me was the text for my Clan Clankenbeard--a house of clerics. The banner was fine as a blade barrier with a plus sign in the middle. But the following were a bit too goofy:

*Motto: Beloved be the Battle Clerics

*Battle Cry: Party in the Back!

No big. I reformatted to "Thematically Appropriate". I had to put on my serious role-playing hat to step away from my cornball roots. But the final product has already been accepted about 12 hours later. These guys are obviously trying to check off this bloodline box on time. Nice work DF!

ClanClankenbeard.jpg

I like.

Smiles

Accepted. First time was rejected for inappropriate language in the motto. Originally, it was, "Science: It works, [name of a female dog]." I couldn't come up with anything better, so I switched gears just a bit. It was fun, can't wait to see it in game!

I hope they at least got it was a Breaking Bad reference :)

I have to admit, I was a little surprised myself. They suggested the die theme was a little silly. It's possible they didn't catch the symbolism, or it wasn't strong enough. Likely they just worried allusions to gaming might ruin some players' immersion.

wait,wait,wait the dice is the problem? the dice is cool. I thought for sure it was the name.

On the upside I suspect there are fewer people in the Thematically Inappropriate Group. Granted I'm not sure if there is an option to just have Inappropriate Houses show up, I hope so. ATM it just sounds like you allow them in with the thematically appropriate ones.

Approved and ready to go!

I'm pretty pleased with the logo and how it turned out. Originally it was white background with gold but i felt the black/purple suited it better.

mU3UGRN.png