Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigheadzach

Post/Celebrate Your Bloodline Acceptances Here!

House Testagrande marches to the beat of a different drum, one foot forward at a time.

Eat caber, Cadence scum.

Bloodline accepted. Prepare for the Hunt, since thou shalt be hunted... :gulp:

Rawulf House  (Sent)- Massive Chalice.png

578d00761cbb1_RawulfHouse(Sent)-MassiveC

Bloodline accepted! If you'll forgive a bit of roleplaying and whimsey... :)

"The House of Paladyne greets its neighbours warmly in these troubled times!"

"Testagrande: Though in the past we have found your drums rather lacking in rhythm and altogether without harmony, we know together no force shall stand against our mutual advancement!"

"Rawulf: Though our houses certainly had some... troubles... after that last hunt of yours, we know better than anyone that the wheel of progress rarely turns smoothly. You can count on our aid when our mutual foes strike."

MC_Paladyne.png

MC_Paladyne.png.0c748b723302601190ed2288

Decided to go all Norse Canadian on mine

The Fontaine's are ready to fight for our land, for our people.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png.000d9db6c5a80abea692971a4d0

I'm in. It makes me do Muir face.

YOU MADE A FERRET!!!!

So pumped for your creativity and perseverance, man! :D!

Thematically Inappropriate. And damn proud!

Embrace the silliness!!!

That said though, the act of getting the "you're being silly" status got me to looking into my family heritage a bit more. We're Irish on my mother's side and French on my father's. At least that's what I thought, but apparently my surname also has a German component or the name arose in separate lands at similar times. It's a bit unclear. I have red hair and am quite pasty and I love whiskey, so I just always embraced the Irish side of the heritage.

But it sent me on a fun journey if nothing else. I may make a change or two and resubmit. I found some great Irish War Cries during my search. And as funny as I find "SPUNOG!" (gaelic for SPOON! referencing The Tick's battle cry), I may sub in one of those.

are they no longer giving "NICE!" remarks or are you guys just erasing them with photoshop?

I didn't get any comments on mine, makes me feel left out. =P

Ooh! Ooh! Here's mine! I'm afraid I couldn't come up with something more original. A shame there aren't different shapes of flag/shield to start with, as well. It's not accepted yet, but I don't expect there'll be a problem with that.

http://bit.ly/1nyYUGO

Wow, I really like your cool bloodlines!

Mine (http://bit.ly/1iSXz9i) is thematically inappropriate (apparently the place I live and the corresponding motto (used as battlecry) are quite silly) but that is alright.

After some time of deep thinking, I decided to change it to something that is "Thematically Appropriate".

Can't wait to see all of your bloodlines in the final game.

mc_accepted.png

mc_accepted.png.acf8ee687bc0a4fce927c3cf

Great job guys, these look great! Can't wait to submit mine, just having trouble deciding between my different designs. :/

I just got my acceptance email today. This is a screen cap from before it was accepted
Ooh, clever use of the mountain image on that one. I like it!

Mine just accepted today!

I went with a Hispanic Sky & Stars theme. I can't wait to see it in-game.

Jeleñem Sigil.png

578d007662d56_JeleemSigil.png.4816f2b4dd

Wow, the designs in here are fantastic!

I had a lot of fun doing this, not accepted yet, but submitted.

Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 11.25.36 PM.png

578d00766bd2c_ScreenShot2014-06-13at11.2

I submitted mine, but the keep name got cut off. Hopefully an adjustment of some kind can be made.

I like the minimalism of this design. Nice work.

Smiles

I submitted mine, but the keep name got cut off. Hopefully an adjustment of some kind can be made.

Nice and clear design!

Your names contain a lot of diacritic. Unfortunately, it seems that editor doesn't support some specific diacritic such as slavic caron ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caron ) or overring and resets all the settings I made. Not sure if it's only not supported or it should be reported as a bug.

In hindsight the warcry could be better, and now I have to find some lady called Nina to marry...

Massive Chalice.png

578d007689a5b_MassiveChalice.png.a3b0ea0

Nice and clear design!

Your names contain a lot of diacritic. Unfortunately, it seems that editor doesn't support some specific diacritic such as slavic caron ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caron ) or overring and resets all the settings I made. Not sure if it's only not supported or it should be reported as a bug.

Yeah, it's kind of temperamental. When I was trying different names I came across a couple that would cause resets. Fortunately I was able to hit the back button and recover previous state somehow. For languages with more unicode trickiness I can only imagine how frustrating it'll be.

I'm still hoping that they have my full keep name and that I won't have to come up with a new one. It didn't have any crazy characters, though.

Huh. Mine was accepted but was considered "Thematically Inappropriate" even though it isn't.

See, in my mind, it is a Warpaint Mask/Skeleton Face, which isn't thematically inappropriate, really. I guess I will redo it, but I disagree, Brad, I disagree.

HuhNotThematic.png

HuhNotThematic.png.79b5548a11e9d882374ca

Sign in to follow this