Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigheadzach

Post/Celebrate Your Bloodline Acceptances Here!

I still have no idea what I'm going to do. Oh dear. I'm terrible at these decisions.

Smiles

I would never presume to tell someone how to go about making their in-game "House". But if you enjoy the Giraffe theme you have going, leave it be. All "Thematically" innappropriate means is that anyone not wanting something possibly considered silly can tick a box to only have thematically approved stuff in their game.

I struggled with this briefly. I like zombies so my theme reflected it. I considered changing it, but every keystroke took it further away from the reason I made it to begin with. I like my motto being "Zombies Ate My Neighbors". (also my all-time favorite game). I like my house being House ZZoMBiE because that's how everyone who knows me would recognize it as me.

End of the day, are you doing your house to please you, or strangers who may or may not even notice.

Of course if being thematically appropriate is important to you, then go for it. But if you dig it, I'd just say stick with what you have. :)

EDIT: Just realized I quoted the wrong post. Sorry.

Here I've been waiting to receive an e-mail telling me if my bloodline's been accepted! Finally went to go check my page, and there it was: "Accepted!" Huzzah!

Being from Alaska, I decided to go with a wintery/cold theme.

zh5Gs3e.png

The enthusiastic warriors of House Gusto have entered the fray. If your enemy is apathy, House Gusto is your ally.

I've been loving watching the sigils roll in. These are really great. I'm super psyched to see them in game.

xkDJF4R.png

I have to say I find this pretty great mainly because the namepool dictates there is an ever so slight chance we might have a kid who is named Howlmoon or Galesinger.

You, sir, have created the Frank Zappa of Houses. ;-)

My bloodline was accepted as not thematically appropriate. Any suggestions on what I could do? The submission feedback said the motto was silly, but I would really like to keep the general theme of what I have. I am not sure on what the actual criteria is for silly/not silly, so any feedback would be appreciated!

house.png

house.png.d07b261d167251f38f18a460173bbe

My bloodline was accepted as not thematically appropriate. Any suggestions on what I could do? The submission feedback said the motto was silly, but I would really like to keep the general theme of what I have. I am not sure on what the actual criteria is for silly/not silly, so any feedback would be appreciated!

So your motto is 'The beauty of drunkenness' -- is that correct? Hm. I am not sure I have any feedback on a way to make this more thematically appropriate. Hm. What about something more sly? Like:

A/The drunk is not always a/the fool.

Best of luck.

Smiles

In cervisia veritas = The truth in beer

Ooh, I like the design on Ichora. Why'd you decide to clip the bottom of the shield off, though?

Ooh, I like the design on Ichora. Why'd you decide to clip the bottom of the shield off, though?

@Selke

About the shield cutoff. That was a tough decision, I wanted the shield to dominate most of the banner and the blood-motif to be very clear even in a smaller version. If I scaled down the shield to fit the banner, the blood drop would be very small and there would be a lot of room left around the shield.

In the end I thought the final result was the better compromise.

I am really stoked to see how varied the sigils are and the wide spectrum of the names. I hope there will be some place where all the approved Bloodlines will be displayed - like an Honor Roll - either on the blog or in game. I've seen a few additional ones posted on Twitter, but I know there's got to be a lot more not displayed there or here on the forums.

I am really stoked to see how varied the sigils are and the wide spectrum of the names. I hope there will be some place where all the approved Bloodlines will be displayed - like an Honor Roll - either on the blog or in game. I've seen a few additional ones posted on Twitter, but I know there's got to be a lot more not displayed there or here on the forums.

Well, they'll be in the game, so there is that.

You know what would be really neat? When the credits roll, you get to a section for backers and 100$ tier and above backers have their sigils displayed next to their name. Make it so you can scroll and search through like you can with Broken Age (only better and more obviously), too.

Well, they'll be in the game, so there is that.

You know what would be really neat? When the credits roll, you get to a section for backers and 100$ tier and above backers have their sigils displayed next to their name. Make it so you can scroll and search through like you can with Broken Age (only better and more obviously), too.

Yeah, that's a great idea! Obviously the Bloodlines will be in the game, but it sounds like you'd only see 10-15 at most per playthrough. I was talking about having someplace where the whole sum of our Bloodlines could be viewed, maybe like a volume detailing all of the Houses, but listing in the credits with the Backers' names is a better idea.

Mine is not very original... I really had a hard time with the constraints of the editor. Although Im a sucker for Norse and Saxon lore, I thought they naturally would be a good bunch of those.. So I decided to give a shout out to my Hispanic heritage.

Sort of a homage to the story of the Cid Campeador (check the movie with Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren if you dont know what Im talking about :P )

http://massivechalice.com/bloodlineeditor/?k=weak-hack-orson-name-flower

And of course theres a joke for Brad in there... :P couldnt resist.

And of course theres a joke for Brad in there... :P couldnt resist.

Where does brad's hatred of bards come from?

Sadly I told someone on timestream that I thought it was because he promoted an anti-bard bloodline on twitter. But now I see I was just remembering your bloodline here :|

Okay, here we go

silkhouse.PNG

I didn't go too crazy with mine, just wanted to create something with my name and kinda thematic, but with a couple of hidden references for those that know them. I like the effect I made by layering a slightly smaller wolf on top of the larger one. I wanted the result to be more foxish, and I think it is.

Hacked it up while I was eating my lunch. I think it looks pretty good? :D!

Does this happen with anyone that has a long house name?

I think it was happening for Keeps with really long names, not the House's name itself.

Here is my house. I tried to go for an True Detective vibe with a bit of old sigilry/Old Gods from GoT. My battle cry is a bit goth :| Best I could come up with , though.

house.png

house.png.3059d4ed862bf7b87f044777e728ed

Here is my house. I tried to go for an True Detective vibe with a bit of old sigilry/Old Gods from GoT. My battle cry is a bit goth :| Best I could come up with , though.

I really dig "Ashenfort" as a Keep name. Very cool. :)

No prisoners!

Was about to go for a Monkey Island theme first. But Edor being my late grandfather who loved to fish I thought fish-theme was more appropriate. =)

Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 20.22.31.png

578d0078a3805_ScreenShot2014-07-13at20.2

Any chance people can post when they submitted along with their acceptance? I'm just curious how long the turnaround is right now. I submitted June 26th (~20 days ago), and want to make sure that I have time to edit in case there is anything wrong with mine!

Any chance people can post when they submitted along with their acceptance? I'm just curious how long the turnaround is right now. I submitted June 26th (~20 days ago), and want to make sure that I have time to edit in case there is anything wrong with mine!

There was another thread specifically about this topic (http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/14316/), but it's been almost a month since the last post. I'm guessing that more people submitted later rather than earlier which has been slogging them down. Or at least more submissions are not being celebrated here on the forums as compared to in May and June.

If you're getting antsy, I'd suggest reaching out to Brad or Anthony either through the forums or Twitter and see if that gets you a quick response.

Good luck with your submission!

I think it was happening for Keeps with really long names, not the House's name itself.

That was what I had meant, and hoped! ;)

P.S. How long does it take to get reviewed and accepted?

That was what I had meant, and hoped! ;)

P.S. How long does it take to get reviewed and accepted?

Another thread was set up for people to announce how long their submissions took: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/14316/

It hasn't been updated in awhile though. I don't know if there are a lot of Backers who aren't registered on the forums, but there hasn't been as many postings as I had expected.

My submission was almost a month ago. I submitted on Wednesday the 18th and got approved on Monday the 23rd. I had to resubmit on Monday and got approved a few hours later.

Mine took 10-14 days, also I didn't get an email back. I just kept rechecking the link and one day found it changed from Pending to Accepted

Mine took 10-14 days, also I didn't get an email back. I just kept rechecking the link and one day found it changed from Pending to Accepted

Just checked my link, still pending. Thanks though I thought they might send an email. I'll check the link from now on!

Sign in to follow this