Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saidai

GRIM FANDANGO REMASTER COMING

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly shit. I can die happy. I've been dreaming of this day for such a long time... take my everything Tim, you beast you.

Some history on Grim Fandango, cheers KestrelPi for the link:

Me too!!! I'm completely floored. My brain still hasn't quite caught up to the news!

I think I lost my voice. I screamed, even if it's just a remaster.. I screamed so loud. I feel like a child for the moment.

EDIT: I WOULD BUY A PS4 FOR THIS. HOLYSHIT

Schweet! Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 a lot earlier than planned (unless "exclusive" really meant "console exclusive"?).

Me too!!! I'm completely floored. My brain still hasn't quite caught up to the news!

Haha I know man. They talking and he said 15 years, and I was sitting there hitting my knees going "GRIM FANDANGO, GRIM FANDANGO"..

But from what i heard in the Conference it's PS4 and PS Vita exclusive, i really hope that's not true

6MAZXqM.jpg

I'm home alone and I was standing up and clapping.

I may have done that too. :) Now all I need is for Tim to acknowledge my minor existence since i'm so far from the Americas to ever get signature from him.

*removed question already answered*

Not positive, but by the sounds of that Tweet, sounds like Sony hauled ass to get the IP, but Sony do have games on PC so.. Maybe we might get it for PC?

*removed question already answered*

Seems like it will be available on PC/Mac/Linux. Not sure about other consoles.

My god, this is amazing news! I really hope this is the beginning of a new reform for Disney and the LucasArts properties. This just came totally out of the blue and I am SO EXCITED! Now let's just hope it comes out on the PC, I'm not really willing to part with hundreds of dollars just to play one game.

Boo yeah! I'm so happy Disney went with this, Grim is one of the best stories ever told, in a game or otherwise.

HAPPY DAYS!!!

WOOPWOOPWOOP!!!

I'm really excited as well. Never had access to play the original and it's really tough to get a hold of these days. Really hoping that Sony agreed to a simple timed exclusive because as much as I'd like to, I can't afford a console right now. But even if it's more exclusive then that I'm glad it's getting made. Sooner or later the tech will be affordable. I thought I'd never get to play it and eventually/maybe is better than never.

"I would buy a PS4 for this" Why the hell should you have to? This is a PC game, made a cult classic by PC gamers. If it came to PC at the same time that would be wonderful, but I dont see it

I never got to play Grim so I am so excited for this! Also I'm hoping this also means more remasters of Lucas Adventure games!
So long time fans should be shafted for people like you who have not been fans of the game up until now? Because that's what happening.

If Sony really did help make it happen, they deserve the first dibs on it. Especially when it's coming for PC as well.

I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY I'M SO HAPPY!!!

I'm super excited by this news. I don't even own a PS4, but Grim Fandango is one of my favourite adventure games, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what Tim will do with a remastered version.

This was the best news ever for me.

If they had announced a Vib Ribbon sequel that would’ve been better news.

But they didn’t so this is it.

Yay Grim Fandango HD remake!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

EDIT: AND I'm buying it on both PS4 AND PC. Because the game's so nice it should be played more than twice! ^_^

This is the best news all year for video games. Gotta love Sony and Disney for making this happen.

Tim - any ownership at all over the IP going forward?

I never got to play Grim so I am so excited for this! Also I'm hoping this also means more remasters of Lucas Adventure games!
So long time fans should be shafted for people like you who have not been fans of the game up until now? Because that's what happening.

Hey I don't work for Sony Disney Double Fine or anyone involved so don't get pissy at me cos you don't like what they done.

I had the Sony press conference playing in the background but when I heard this I ran to my computer the just threw up my arm in excitement. I really hope that this comes to PC but it's just so good to see this game get some love. Can't wait for some screens and the release date but, this still gave me the biggest smile of anything I've heard out of E3 so far.

Sign in to follow this