Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saidai

GRIM FANDANGO REMASTER COMING

Sony only unfortunately killed the excitement for me. :\ Understand the reasonings, but considering that everything else interesting for PS4 and Vita is available for PC, I'm hardly gonna rush off and buy a Sony console for this.

It's even a bit worse that's it Sony only then if it was announced for XBOX One, considering Sony exclusives tend to stay Sony exclusive.

But anyway, it is great news that it's actually happening, and whoever that's responsible for this deserves a huge hug for making sure that we have taken the first giant step in not letting these old classics vanish after Disneys purchase of LucasArts.

So, good news and let's hope they get even better! :D

Meh... I made a post about how bad it would be if it doesn't come out on PC, but that would just be so silly... Tim is smarter than that. I'm pretty sure. Like 75% at least. We'll get a PC version. And it's the best news from E3. Can't wait for it.

I wonder if there's any chance of the soundtrack CD being remastered as well. I missed it the first time around so if that happened, I wouldn't even care (much) what platforms the game eventually ends up coming to.

Really disappointing by how many people are whining that its coming to a console. Come on guys, come on. That kind of behavior is juvenile at best. We should be happy at this news, not angry or disinterested for such a silly reason.

I never got to play Grim so I am so excited for this! Also I'm hoping this also means more remasters of Lucas Adventure games!
So long time fans should be shafted for people like you who have not been fans of the game up until now? Because that's what happening.

Get over yourself. Fans come in many forms. Grim got more applause than any game at the conferences so far.

I never got to play Grim so I am so excited for this! Also I'm hoping this also means more remasters of Lucas Adventure games!
So long time fans should be shafted for people like you who have not been fans of the game up until now? Because that's what happening.

Get over yourself. Fans come in many forms. Grim got more applause than any game at the conferences so far.

I like to think I gave more applause than anyone at the conference in my own room. :P

Pretty cool news. Now lets get those other Lucas titles ouf as well.

That's great news! I don't know how you pulled this off, but that's fantastic. Remastering a title with low sales is very hard. Now i'm totally rewarded for buying psvita.

Biiiig news! This means Disney is not ignoring old LucasArts IPs after all...

I wonder what "remastered" means, but I'm sure Tim will enlighten us on the matter, in incoming E3 interviews.

If it doesn't get a PC release I will chew my own tonsils off in surprise. Also, Tim Schafer's tweets in the last few hours heavily imply a PC version. He's basically said everything but 'YES THERE WILL BE A PC VERSION OBVIOUSLY'

So, the questions are obviously

WHY a remaster? It hasn't been on sale for over a decade, one of the most critically acclaimed games ever, no brainer.

WHAT is remastered? Very hard to tell. I think a full remaster of all the backgrounds is unlikely (but you never know), but re-doing the characters and their textures is a realistic goal. They probably can upscale the quality of the music. I can imagine some DVD style special features, especially with Double Fine involved.

HOW did this happen? I'd love to hear the story.

WHO is the fat man, I wonder?

WHEN can I buy it?

WHERE are my trousers?

I'm really excited about the remaster and for once I'm not annoyed that there are five different threads discussing the same topic scattered around the forums. Great news, and good job making this happen, Sony! Really happy that Tim Schafer and Double Fine will be involved too, because I'm pretty sure Sony and Disney could have made this happen regardless if they wanted to.

Personally I can still play my original copy just fine (well mostly) using the replacement installer, but more exposure to this amazing game, a new generation of fans and possible cross platform release on PC is awesome!

WHERE are my trousers?

Maybe you left them in your other pants?

Meh... I made a post about how bad it would be if it doesn't come out on PC, but that would just be so silly... Tim is smarter than that. I'm pretty sure. Like 75% at least. We'll get a PC version. And it's the best news from E3. Can't wait for it.

I stopped playing Grim Fandango because of its ridiculous controls (and the bugs, unfortunately). In my opinion, PC players are still owed a playable point and click version of Grim.

Let's see if it comes to pass, DRM free of course.

The reveal of GF:Remastered was the only moment during all of the press conferences that I cheered out loud in front of my PC. This is fantastic news!

Regardless of the platforms this will be available on I'm so happy that this awesome story is brought to a new generation of gamers. It's great to hear that Double Fine are involved in the project. I'm really looking forward to this!

WHO is the fat man, I wonder?
:-D

This is wonderful news! I've been expecting an announcement like this ever since Mr Bailey teased us about something adventure game-related in his Amnesia Fortnight-thread. I'm super glad the best game ever made is getting a re-release. I still have some hope that Tim's Point & Clicks will also be made available again. Maybe Double Fine is allowed to bundle them together with the PC version of Grim Fandango in a nice big box? That would definitely be something I would buy!

I wonder if there's any chance of the soundtrack CD being remastered as well. I missed it the first time around so if that happened, I wouldn't even care (much) what platforms the game eventually ends up coming to.

+1! It's one of my all-time favourite game soundtracks, and it kills me that I have to pirate it because I won't pay crazy money for a second hand copy. Guessing it'll be very much up to Disney if it happens, but hey, I live in hope :D

I still play through the original Grim Fandango several times a year, and I'll happily do it even more with this remake (which I'm very happy that it is being handled by Tim Schafer's studio). It's one of my favorite games of all time. :)

Very cool news. Hopefully it's the beginning of more LucasArts games being made available, especially if they get PC releases.

New video, pretty cool

No new info really but a bit of info about how the project came about at the end.

New video, pretty cool

No new info really but a bit of info about how the project came about at the end.

Damn, thanks for that. I'll throw it on the main post. Oh wow, that's so cool Tim said they are going to ask the Grim Fandango community to use enhancements and fixes that they did themselves.

I'm so excited, nice to see Grim Fandango come to a platform where new people can find it.

A little disappointing that it was just the interview from after the conference. But I hadn't seen it before so it was still cool. :)

Overall, I'm REALLY excited about this announcement. Beggars can't be choosers and I'm just glad that Grim Fandango is finally getting out of the IP hell that LucasArts left it in. If anything, this is the first really good news I've ever heard as a result of the LucasArts acquisition.

Platform exclusivity sucks, but it's the nature of the beast. And clearly Sony is rather invested in this project precisely to get more folks onto the PS4. I doubt I'll replace my PS3 anytime soon, but Grim Fandango is definitely going to be a very compelling argument.

I also don't think the exclusivity deal means no PC release. Console exclusivity deals tend to be a completely different beast on their own.

Overall, congrats to the Double Fine team for pulling this off!

Surprisingly, just about all the press cons have actually been ABOUT GAMES and not useless social and media shit. Hell, even Microsofts was a B- at worst. Only exception was EA press con which it seems like EA goal every E3 is to piss everyone off.

it seems like EA goal every E3 is to piss everyone off.
This could probably be "It Seems like EA goal every always is to...."

Sign in to follow this