Sign in to follow this  
Cryocore

Hey Tim! Thanks for taking a massive dump all over the PC fans that adore Grim Fandango!

Not f**king acceptable!

After all the love you garnered with Kickstarter you go back and ignore every Grim Fandango PC gamer with an exclusivity deal!

I dont care. PC MADE that game. PC fans are the core fanbase and Tim and Co just took a giant dump from a great height on every single one of us.

I dont care. PC MADE that game. PC fans are the core fanbase and Tim and Co just took a giant dump from a great height on every single one of us.

Without SONY it wouldn't even have this remaster.

Take a breath, dude.

Way to jump to conclusions on a game that should have worked better with a controller in the first place.

Oh not to mention how much do you think it would have costed to get that IP back? Screw you.

It sounds like Sony helped make this happen so in return they wanted some sort of exclusivity. That's how business works and it's better than letting the game sit in obscurity. Now many more people will get to play it and this could lead to a sequel or even other LucasArts games getting re-released/remade.

Way to jump to conclusions on a game that should have worked better with a controller in the first place.

Oh not to mention how much do you think it would have costed to get that IP back? Screw you.

Even if its a timed exclusive why the fuck should loyal and longtime fans be forced to wait god knows how long while some console jockey gets first run at it?

Pathetic!

I'm just happy this classic story is being brought to a new generation. To hell with fanboism, if sony can help make this remake happen, then I fully support the decision to do it.

Wow, soo much hate here.

Tim Shafer doesn't own the IP and therefore you can't blame him.

and most devs at E3 are playing this "exclusivity" card to gather attention.It's possible this HD remake is a timed exclusive on Sony cosoles and will be ported to PC and Xbone as well (and perhaps tablets, other....)

the tweet makes this sound like it's a timed exclusive. but yeah this is a good thing either way

the little girl's letter thing was pretty funny too

So here's a guy that says "I DON'T HAVE A PS4 SO I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO PLAY IT IF I CAN'T, I WISH IT WASN'T EVEN BEING MADE."

Some "fan".

So here's a guy that says "I DON'T HAVE A PS4 SO I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO PLAY IT IF I CAN'T, I WISH IT WASN'T EVEN BEING MADE."

Some "fan".

I have a PS4 numbnuts! That ISNT THE FUCKEN POINT! A cult classic PC game ignoring PC gamers is utter bullshit.

Dont question my fandom. I Own original retail big box releases of all of the Lucasarts games. I run ScummVM and ResidualVM and replay them regularly. I own the remakes of Monkey Island 1 and 2 (you know the ones released on ALL platforms at the same time).

Dont make assumptions!

Some "fan".

I have a PS4 numbnuts! That ISNT THE FUCKEN POINT! A cult classic PC game ignoring PC gamers is utter bullshit.

Dont question my fandom. I Own original retail big box releases of all of the Lucasarts games. I run ScummVM and ResidualVM and replay them regularly. I own the remakes of Monkey Island 1 and 2 (you know the ones released on ALL platforms at the same time).

Dont make assumptions!

So the ONLY WAY this game gets a remaster is if Sony step in (due to their relationship with Disney) and that's not good enough for you, even though you are able to play it?

You're upset on behalf of other people? What?

That's even worse.

I suspect it's similar to the Massive Chalice 'exclusivity' deal, where instead of Xbone + Win/Mac/Linux, it's PS4/Vita + Win/Mac/Linux, or else Tim wouldn't have made that second tweet. The Massive Chalice team had to send out that clarifying Kickstarter update because I doubt Microsoft wanted to pump people up about their new console by saying 'we have console exclusivity! (and it's coming to your PC as well, I guess.)' Corporations like Sony don't want to remind you that you have options, even if you do have them, especially during the E3 hype machine.

I understand your annoyance, dude. I haven't played Grim Fandango before, though I really want to, and it would bum me out if it wasn't coming out on a system I actually have. But I'm willing to sit tight and see what the rest of the news from Double Fine is before writing all of them off. I'm sure they want it on PCs as much we do.

yeah, I assume it was mainly Sony that made this happen - hence PS4 only. But maybe it will sell bucketloads..and somehow Tim gets some of that money (i'm guessing not?) and can get the IP back.

To the OP, dude, I totally get where you're coming from, if this comes out solely for PS4/Vita and never to any other platform, I will be pretty pissed off. It isn't even just about treating fans badly, it's a poor business decision as well. Remaking a classic game, but then not putting it out on the same platform that generated the critical success of the original is just silly. I'm hoping that with Tim's tweet about other platforms being announced soon that at the very least PC will be an option. Whatever the case, I'm sure that it was not a conscious decision by Tim to exclude PC gamers, if anything it would be Sony/Disney to blame if those two consoles really are the only releases.

To the OP, dude, I totally get where you're coming from, if this comes out solely for PS4/Vita and never to any other platform, I will be pretty pissed off. It isn't even just about treating fans badly, it's a poor business decision as well. Remaking a classic game, but then not putting it out on the same platform that generated the critical success of the original is just silly. I'm hoping that with Tim's tweet about other platforms being announced soon that at the very least PC will be an option. Whatever the case, I'm sure that it was not a conscious decision by Tim to exclude PC gamers, if anything it would be Sony/Disney to blame if those two consoles really are the only releases.

The thing is that Tim should have had respect enough for his existing fans to say it either comes out on PC at the same time or no deal. Its about integrity, and I doubt Tim's at this point.

You really think Tim has any say in this? He doesn't even own the IP.

You really think Tim has any say in this? He doesn't even own the IP.

He stuck himself to the project DF are involved. He had a say!

I'm so happy that it will be available on PS4 and Vita. It's all about reaching a new audiance, not excluding old fan. The PC/ Mac/ Linux version will be annonced before the game is coming out, don't worry.

By the OP standard, the remake should only be available for Windows 98, because this is the platform that it was released on. No compatibility on Windows 7 or, god forbid, Windows 8. No IOS or Android either, ever, forever, until infinity+2 ( because infinity+1 is too short to express how long this game can't come to another OS than Windows 98 ). And don't get me started on OUYA :)

Grim Fandango on the go on Vita!!! I once dreamed that Grim Fandango was release on PSP on UMD. I bought it ( in my dream ), but woke up before I could play it. I was so sad. Now my dream is coming true!!!

Tks to everyone involved on this project!!

So, yeah, when a console person says during their presentation "exclusive", they usually mean "console exclusive". The game is coming to PC for sure.

I'll be buying it on both PC and PS4. The game is that good. *shrug*

I'm pretty sure it's only the OP that has a problem with this announcement. He just posts a lot.

I don't have a PS4, and will never have one. I'm pretty sure that it's coming to PC eventually. I can wait. This is wonderful news, and it gives me a perfect excuse to play through it with my son. We are currently working our way through Monkey Island, and it's been a terrific experience for us. Great news. Thanks, Tim.

I'm so happy that it will be available on PS4 and Vita. It's all about reaching a new audiance, not excluding old fan. The PC/ Mac/ Linux version will be annonced before the game is coming out, don't worry.

By the OP standard, the remake should only be available for Windows 98, because this is the platform that it was released on. No compatibility on Windows 7 or, god forbid, Windows 8. No IOS or Android either, ever, forever, until infinity+2 ( because infinity+1 is too short to express how long this game can't come to another OS than Windows 98 ). And don't get me started on OUYA :)

Grim Fandango on the go on Vita!!! I once dreamed that Grim Fandango was release on PSP on UMD. I bought it ( in my dream ), but woke up before I could play it. I was so sad. Now my dream is coming true!!!

Tks to everyone involved on this project!!

I despise platform exclusivity. Make it for everyone or dont bother, and certainly dont ignore the platform the game was made for, PC. Not the OS

I'm pretty sure it's only the OP that has a problem with this announcement. He just posts a lot.

Yeah. This thread is making me sad but yeah.

Tim Schafer tweeted "talk about other platforms soon". Even if that wasn't the case, I don't have a PS4 yet I'm happy about this, it was a real highlight during the conference. The fact that Sony discussed with Disney to make this happen is good, I'm not even sure Disney knew they had this game.

Dont worry I'm going now. Fuck you Tim! Have some respect for the people that have supported you for over 20 years!

You've been a supporter of Tim Schafer for 20 years and just because Sony announces the project as a PS exclusive (which likely doesn't even mean PC, as E3 is all about consoles) you turn on him just like that without waiting for clarifications of giving him a chance to explain the circumstances. With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Wow came here expecting a bigger backlash. I admit my response to the news was exactly that of the OP, once I sat down and thought about it and saw that twitter from Tim I was still glum, but hopefully we'll see systems other than Sony stuff.

So no, won't be buying a PS4 for this. I'll be waiting for a PC release. If it happens, joy. If not, tough luck Double Fine you're not getting my dollars. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it...

Get a clue. I despise platform exclusivity. Make it for everyone or dont bother, and certainly dont ignore the platform the game was made for, PC. Not the OS you ignorant pleb.

Its shocking how quickly people OK with corporations shitting on gamers in order to hold the rights to something. You're all sheep and should be ashamed of yourselves.

But platform exclusivity is good for competition, and competition means innovation

WHY WEREN'T THE MONKEY ISLAND REMAKES MADE FOR DOS AND AMIGA?! WAY TO SHIT ON YOUR TRUE FANS!!

Get a clue. I despise platform exclusivity. Make it for everyone or dont bother, and certainly dont ignore the platform the game was made for, PC. Not the OS you ignorant pleb.

Its shocking how quickly people OK with corporations shitting on gamers in order to hold the rights to something. You're all sheep and should be ashamed of yourselves.

But platform exclusivity is good for competition, and competition means innovation

Thats exactly backwards. Exclusivity REDUCES competition because it fractures the player base. no longer is it competing against EVERY other other title its only competing against those on that specific platform. By its very definition platform exclusivity REDUCES competition and innovation.

WHY WEREN'T THE MONKEY ISLAND REMAKES MADE FOR DOS AND AMIGA?! WAY TO SHIT ON YOUR TRUE FANS!!
Way to derp it up bud. Who the hell is talking about dead platforms? either make a valid point or dont bother posting.