Sign in to follow this  
glenfx

Grim Fandango Fanart + others

Well, since It was just announced that Double fine is working with Sony in remastering Grim Fandango I thought it would be nice to show my fanarts :)

Since early last year i have been making lucas arts fanarts and around October i made this Grim Fandango fanart:

AFICHE_GRIM_FANDANGO_web_zpse46e2de7.jpg

Last month I also wanted to make a 3D tribute of a scene from Peter Chang's concepts, but i wanted them to look more like the concepts so here are the 3D characters I made.

Glottis

glottis_02_zpsbcf876cd.jpg

And here he is with Manny

GrimFandango_3D_02_zpsdb921272.jpg

I will be finishing this piece soon :)

-

-

I also wanted to include a couple of other fanarts I made from Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island 2. Hope you guys enjoy them :)

ManiacMansion___AFICHE__Glen_zps93a328c7.jpg

MONKEY_ISLAND_by_glenfx_2014_zps8f992f2c.jpg

Wow, these are great!

Just curious, how much effort goes into making one of these?

Those are really awesome! Looks like you've put a ton of work into each of them.

Thank you!

Each piece took from 2 to 3 days, the Monkey Island piece took much more time as I had to make many sketches since I wanted to give more attention to Le Chuck and Guybrush covered way too much of him, so I spent a few evenings figuring out the pose that best fitted what I wanted to do and still look natural.

Glottis and Manny in 3D were a lot faster, it took a day to model, texture and rig each since the bodies are very simple meshes with normal maps applied to them :).

These are absolutely beautiful, Glenfx! Ever think of doing one for Psychonauts? I'm sure that would blow everyone's mind!

These are absolutely beautiful, Glenfx! Ever think of doing one for Psychonauts? I'm sure that would blow everyone's mind!

Thank you!!! :D, I havent considered working on a Psychonauts piece yet.