Sign in to follow this  
mfrost

A5B - Complete base destruction?

So last night I found my base was falling apart beyond my ability to bring it back for reasons I don't completely understand. My technicians weren't repairing anything so oxygen generates were almost all gone, fires were constantly happening because technicians weren't maintaing the fire extinguishers either.

With last 3 people running around unable to really keep fires out, I was boarded by 3 raiders who easily took out these last 3 people. I found my base now had lost all inhabitants except for 3 raiders roaming the base looking for people to shoot (I guess). Clearly they were not starting to maintain things or putting out fires. Yet the game kept on going with no functioning oxygen generators, no one to put out the fires, but 3 raiders roaming around the halls. I seemed to still get new messages about passing ships, but that seemed kind of pointless.

I know it's an alpha, but I think I had a expectation that my base would destruct and take the raiders with it. Seems like that might be a good sort of bottom condition -- a point at which your base completely looses its lifesupport/integrity and blows up.

Thanks

I know it's an alpha, but I think I had a expectation that my base would destruct and take the raiders with it. Seems like that might be a good sort of bottom condition -- a point at which your base completely looses its lifesupport/integrity and blows up.

Thanks

I like the idea of a bottom condition, but I also really want the game to have a dwarf fortress like "ending" where you could just leave the base floating. Maybe the raiders could steal stuff, leave after a while and there is a small chance the raiders are crazy and they burn everything down.

You could even do a "send another party" function, where you could try to reclaim the base after the bandits are gone.

This is actually an interesting situation.

Your base will enventually burn out and lose most of it's oxygen.

The Raider will also die due to lack of breathable gas.

In case you'd GET new Citizen, you could actually start over again by picking one with good Tech-Skills and repair the Oxygen-Recyclers.

It's like reclaiming a Fortress in DF, just with less lag.

To Dregan's Idea: I think the Devs want to create it similar to DF, where you have an active Galaxy. (Need to look into the Roadmap again)

So I believe it'd be possible to have a abandoned Station and you fix it again.

I also love this Idea.

You could start with less Matter and 3 Crewmember. Either you build yourself a new small Outpost to have enough Oxygen, or you immediately rush into the old base, discovering the rooms and then repair the Lifesupport in time.

Both could be very challenging.