Sign in to follow this  
TimeGentleman

Hey Tim! Thanks for being a massive legend all over the video game fans that adore Grim Fandango et al!

Tim and everyone who has worked on or near Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade: The Action Game, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Day Of The Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Stacking, Iron Brigade, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster, Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Middle Manager of Justice, Kinect Party, The Cave, Dropchord, Spacebase DF-9, Broken Age, Massive Chalice and more:

THANK YOU for providing endless hours of entertainment, for shaping my sense of humour and personality, for being upstanding members of the game dev community and pushing it forwards. You have tangibly shaped my life and probably that of millions of others.

Thanks to Tim, to the guy who emptied the Lucas bins and co-designed Grim Fandango, and to everyone else, for dumping a massive load of amazing all over my astonished face for the past 30 years.

Love,

Ben

It's so great that Disney is willing to go out and give a shot to these great games. So many people will be able to enjoy playing them and they even went so far as to involve an original designer is the production. Really looking forward to this and I hope they know how much we appreciate it.

I'm very excited about Grim Fandango as well as most of the other upcoming DF games. I'm hoping Grim gets a commentary mode or some kind of extra content.

Does anyone not like Tim? I'd like to meet that person. It'd be like finding the white buffalo.

Edit: on a side note, OP, I really liked Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentleman, Please.

Did Tim work on Indiana Jones? Interesting...

Great thread and I agree!

Thanks ewokskick!

annunaki - Wikipedia says he was a tester on the Action Game.

Weird. I thought the Action Game was developed by a third party. Great post, though :)

I'm very excited about Grim Fandango as well as most of the other upcoming DF games. I'm hoping Grim gets a commentary mode or some kind of extra content.

Does anyone not like Tim? I'd like to meet that person. It'd be like finding the white buffalo.

Edit: on a side note, OP, I really liked Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentleman, Please.

Agreed!

Don't listen to the naysayers Tim! We love you and we're excited!

(Also just noticed OP is the Time Gentleman/Ben There creator. Those games were great!)

Great post! I agree completely. Thanks for all the great games Tim!

(Also just noticed OP is the Time Gentleman/Ben There creator. Those games were great!)
I seriously need to play those. They came in a humble bundle with something else I was looking for and I just keep getting sidetracked on them.

Thanks for the compliments, folks. Those games are heavily indebted to Day Of The Tentacle (and Sam And Max Hit The Road), so thanks to Tim for THAT too!

Day of the tentacle is legendary game .One of the first ever point and clik games.

Even Maniac Mansion (the game DOTT is a sequel to) wasn't the first ever point and click.

Day of the tentacle is legendary game .One of the first ever point and clik games.

Wow. We have a young 'un! You have lots of point and click adventure games to discover!

Well, seeing as we're bumping all the other GF threads...

Thank you Double Fine for announcing the PC/Mac/Linux release!

So you lot bumped the evil thread again, eh?

Well then, I think we all know I had to do this.

I wouldn't be too worried about the other thread anymore. The fact that the game is coming out on Windows on the same day that it is coming out for Sony platforms makes the whole point of that thread moot, so it just looks silly now.

Yeah, what the Milkman said. But it annoys me that everyone disagrees with it by keeping the ugly thing at the top of the board! So at least if this keeps up with it, it balances out the karma.

Double Fine was such an anomaly in our medium for a long time, and it's inspiring that you guys have been able to survive in such a fickle industry with your creative scruples intact. I'm pretty sure you're at least indirectly responsible for cultivating the little renaissance we have going on right now too. Feel good thread of the year. :')

Sorry, I block all posts by Cryocore, so I don't see it anymore.

EDIT: As in: I don't get offended its title when I visit the forum.

I don't understand how that works, but I think you'd better ruddy make up for it by thanking Tim for something!

I don't understand how that works, but I think you'd better ruddy make up for it by thanking Tim for something!

If you hit the ignore button at the top of a post, you can put that person on an ignore list that means that you will never see any post that they create ever again. It's handy for blocking people who continuously post things that you find offensive.

No, I know what the ignore function is, but I wasn't sure how TP was still managing to post on the thread if he couldn't see it!

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Maybe he thought he posted here? The threads are kind of similar looking (which I know was your intention).

Ignore Cryocore and see for yourselves!

Plus can't we just enjoy the silliness of that thread now? It's lost all its teeth, hasn't it?

Just tried it and now I have to press a link to display that thread. But that just makes it harder to understand how you could have accidentally posted in that thread.

Yes, it's silly and it always was. I'd much rather see it sink to the bottom of the forums and have this topic replace it though.

Maybe if people when they see something there they absolutely have to reply to just press quote, copy the contents and paste them in a new reply to this thread before answering.

I didn't post in it by mistake, I just posted in it because it's become funny. This thread, while great and noble and everything, isn't as entertaining. Sorry!

If DF had decent community management they could rename the thread or just shut it down. Ah well. But that said, now everyone (surely including Tim) can see that thread in a silly light and enjoy mocking it for what it is, right?

And if you block Cryocore you don't even have to see the title when you visit the forum.

Edit: Either way, I'll try and refrain from posting in it again.

I'll have you know this thread has been called the "feel-good thread of the year," thank you so much!

I guess that thread floating at the top of the board no longer implies some sort of support for its sentiment, but it's just so ugly! I can't tell people where to post, but as long as that thread stays up, I'll keep this one up like a He-Man to its Skeletor.

The only thing this thread needs now to defeat its nemesis by becoming more entertaining is some trademark Thunderpeel wit and insight..!

The only thing this thread needs now to defeat its nemesis by becoming more entertaining is some trademark Thunderpeel wit and insight..!

Oh bugger.

Brrrrrrilliant!

Yet another reason to thank Tim et al for being influential in the development of our witty dialogue skills!