Sign in to follow this  
CraigN

Didn’t receive activation code/Can’t register

I know what you're thinking. "Then how the hell are you posting, you twat?" Well, you see, I made this account because it was the only way I could get in contact with someone who could possibly help...me.....make.........an account. Crap...

Just kidding. Actually, I'd just rather have the account I originally created for its alias, since I use it everywhere. But since that account is still awaiting activation (and probably will be for many moons since my current account activated so quickly that it actually sent me back in time), my oh-so-dear alias is off-limits. It's really not a huge deal, but I figured it's worth the shot. So any help from an admin would be super. Thanks.

PS. Sorry for making a whole thread for a personal reason; I'm fine with it being deleted once (or if) I get help.

I know what you're thinking. "Then how the hell are you posting, you twat?" Well, you see, I made this account because it was the only way I could get in contact with someone who could possibly help...me.....make.........an account. Crap...

Just kidding. Actually, I'd just rather have the account I originally created for its alias, since I use it everywhere. But since that account is still awaiting activation (and probably will be for many moons since my current account activated so quickly that it actually sent me back in time), my oh-so-dear alias is off-limits. It's really not a huge deal, but I figured it's worth the shot. So any help from an admin would be super. Thanks.

PS. Sorry for making a whole thread for a personal reason; I'm fine with it being deleted once (or if) I get help.

Oh dear. Sensors indicate newb. (lol CraigN)

You can go into your user control panel (located top and center of the forums header) and change your user handle on this account, therefore making your problem, not a problem. Specifically: Your Control Panel> Personal Settings> User Name and Password> Enter new username & enter in your password then press "Update".

You should probably send a PM to an admin and tell them to delete the other account and just change your forum handle to whatever it is that you were wanting. I hope this helps, unless you were talking about something completely different with that "alias" bit??

Mm, really, you can do that? Most forums don't let you change your username.

Mm, really, you can do that? Most forums don't let you change your username.
Most forums couldn't touch the awesomeness that is Double Fine Action Forums either. Go figure.

(Yeah, I was shocked at it too initially and even went so far as PMing an Admin asking to change my original user handle to get a reply back that I could do this on my own.. and Miss_Mayhem had changed hers and I asked her how she did it. Lol.)

Yeah lol, I wanted to change my name and made a 2nd account. Doesn't really matter though, I barely used that one for like a day.

Request sent. (Thanks, Headroom). I'll keep you all posted as the events unfurl. Stay tuned!

All set! Klint swiftly resuscitated my original account, and now my username and I are skipping off into the sunset holding hands. Aww.

If an admin is reading, you can take this thread out back and shoot it now; no use bloating the forum with my obsolete threads.

Oh, and I'm now "ProggleRock." Cheers. :)

No problem. I'm glad Klint helped you out.

Make sure you visit the "Introduce yourself" thread(s) upon your return or next post! :coolsmile: