Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

What would you want from the Double Fine's next games?

DoubleFine FPS? Now theres a thought.

But then again, DF games are usually very story-oriented, and FPSes just can't carry stories very well, imo. Still, I'd love to see how they would do it

But then again, DF games are usually very story-oriented, and FPSes just can't carry stories very well, imo. Still, I'd love to see how they would do it

FPS' can't carry a storyline? That's new to me, some of my favorite storyline have involved FPS, millions of other people agree as sales show, not to mention it wouldn't stop them from doing cinematics.

FPS' can't carry a storyline? That's new to me, some of my favorite storyline have involved FPS, millions of other people agree as sales show, not to mention it wouldn't stop them from doing cinematics.

It wouldnt be a good idea for Double Fine to make a FPS, people only pay attention to FPS's that have a budget of a gajizlion dollars and graphics engines that are powered by the technology of NASA these days.

It wouldnt be a good idea for Double Fine to make a FPS, people only pay attention to FPS's that have a budget of a gajizlion dollars and graphics engines that are powered by the technology of NASA these days.

My favourite FPS ever is fourteen years old. It has crappy graphics by today's standards; there were no cinematics; and the deep, convoluted, confusing storyline had to be read on green text over a black background. And yet it has the best AI I've ever seen ;)

You know what I always thought would be really neat? Something set in a casual setting, like an office. The opening bits of Grim Fandango, as well as the Rubacava sections, had stuff like that. I really love that stuff. There's some great potential there.

Well, since I doubt we're going to ever get any sort of direct sequel to Psychonauts, I think it'd be great if DF made a simple 2D point-and-click task completion game within the Psychonauts universe. I was thinking something along the lines of that old Pink Panther game, Passport to Peril, in the sense of art direction and the way you went around the world and had to complete puzzles and tasks to get places.

It really seems to fit the whole secret agent thing the Psychonauts have going on, so maybe it could also be centered around Sasha and Milla?

the next great idea....are you ready?

Ape-o-saur.... half ape, half dinosaur, all badass...genious right? i thought so

He needs a gun and a jetpack

maybe a robot ninja sidekick

As for me, I would prefer something that has

kind of atmosphere. Of course, with 100% original characters and BG's.

to be honest, all i want right now is brutal legend 2. played the demo of BL last friday, bought the game on monday (i swear, i didn't have any time to visit a game store earlier) and played it every moment i could spare from then til wednesday. now i'm basically stuck on the stage battle against the coil, on normal difficulty. don't want the story to be over yet, i know it's silly :P

The game Monday Night Combat makes me think that Double Fine could do their Brutal Legend 2 through download...sorta.

It would be something like "Brutal Legend: Battle of the Bands" and it would just be the multiplayer, because it's working out great for Monday Night Combat. It could have improved versions of the Stage Battles, and only like ten songs for each faction...it would still be awesome. It would just need a fast, unmistakable tutorial like MNC has.

moar brutal legend type of gameplay

Hell yeah. I waited ten years for another game like Battlezone and Sacrifice. And Monday Night Combat shows that combining Action and Real Time Strategy is catching on.

Just add a command map during flight, and give it a five minute tutorial like MNC had, and it would do better with the casuals.

I want to see something ultra cute and cuddly to contrast with BL’s hard rock/blatantly violent style.

On the other hand, my idea of ‘cute’ involves zombies and cyberpunk. Woo!

ffff even if you were a spammer, you got your wish...

Just so you know, BL2 isn't a far-fetched reality or anything. They already made it, or were going to at least when EA pulled the plug on that. BUT they said they are going to make it, provided they want to. And have the funds and a willing publisher, of course

I'd definitely like to see DF venture into other game genres, while still upholding the importance of story-telling

BRUTAL LEGEND 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!egoraptor should make awesome legend LOL maybe that way people would watch and buy?

Tim Schafer is not a hit with the "elitists," who are too cool to like an action game with light RTS elements. Yatzhee, Penny Arcade, and the like. They didn't even touch the multiplayer. I shudder to think how egoraptor would ridicule BL.

I too would want Brutal Legend 2, even if it's a downloadable game with just an improved version of the multiplayer (it's working just fine for Uberent's MNC at the moment). Something they can make and support for the long haul. Like a regular RTS, they should be able to adjust and readjust it on a whim to take care of exploits.

Haha, Cantido what

You make it sound like we're some kind of secret cult and the only people in the world who like anything from DF. Come on, thats just not true, and the fact that a few choice individuals don't like DF games doesn't make it true either

And I hope you're aware that Egoraptor's stuff isn't about ridiculing games, but poking fun at them. Why would a guy take the time and effort to do something like that if he didn't like a particular game?

If point and click adventure games run by SCUMM were more popular, I'd say do that please, but I realize the problems with that, heh.

I always enjoyed the idea of a game where you/the main character dives into the internet and experiences different worlds there in. I have really indepth ideas of plot [etc] and everything, but the internet diving thing is all I really need to say to get my wants/ideas out there. I like games that take place in the now and have a sort of normal mixing with the abnormal feel, it really helps me to get into the game and feel like it's happening. I love future games compared to anything else, but I barely ever play 'now/present' games unless they are during some kind of wartime, and some other rare occurrences..

Oh, and if anyone here has played Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, I pray to the drowned spirit of Oblongata that there is a game that runs something similar to the insanity system that game had where the lower your mental health the more silly things occurred in the environment you were in. That was bloody fantastic...if you guys could do a game with something like that in it, I would be so friggen' excited and if I could, help you guys work on it for free. xD That whole mental health system was so fun.

Haha, Cantido what

You make it sound like we're some kind of secret cult and the only people in the world who like anything from DF. Come on, thats just not true, and the fact that a few choice individuals don't like DF games doesn't make it true either

Great. Now I want a game featuring the secret cult of Double Fine..

I'm sorta agreeing with Cantido tho. Brütal Legend as a long run project rather than followed by an actual sequel doesn't sound that bad to me, as long as they prolong that god damn story mode! *Sigh...* Now I know what I want for DF's next game - something you're not going to finish in one or two afternoons... :(

Oh, and chainsaws.

Sign in to follow this