Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

What would you want from the Double Fine's next games?

A red dynamite two-story house in the deep jungle of the amazon with head hunters as guards wearing black karate pants. And a billion trillion dollars inside. Which a team of commandos are going to to try to steal. The commandos are led by Rambo and his buddy Jesus.

A repeating hum is heard in the back yard. It might be killer jungle bees. Maybe a flying space Piranha?

“Who care’s what the hum is. Let’s get that money!” Shouts Jesus. “uh-oh, I found out what that hum is. It’s a blue British police box?” Rambo replied hastily and questioningly.

And then suddenly, a wobbly space octopus with a handlebar mustache fell from the sky. It lashed out at the commandos with its tentacles. Quickly thinking Jesus used his super carpentry skills to build an above ground pool for it. Luckily, the space octopus still loved water, even though it was from space. While this happened Rambo was battling with the naga that came out of the police box. His/Her name was Silith and he/she was highly androgynous.

Silith wagged his/her impressive bosom inches from Jesus’s eyes. Jesus was unmoved, as Silith’s bosom was only impressive in its nonexistence. (E.g., flatness.) Jesus thought “This is taking too much time” and then teleported them inside the mysterious house, only to find a solid gold room filled with the money and Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Mr. T hanging out playing high stakes poker on a table made out of the money. Also Rufus was there, and greeted Jesus enthusiastically and asked for his 12 bucks back. No free refills. THEN

There was a noise and it sounded very strange. The strange sound had a sizzling quality. It was the the LEGENDARY bacon that was being cooked by

This. Right here, in game form. I would buy it.

I'd buy it nine times

Imagine a game that was like sci fi platforming, and it had like the cool gameplay of Ratchet and Clank, but it also had the Psychonauts-ness of talking to random people and chilling.

When I first played the Brütal Legend demo on Xbox Live last year I didn't know what to expect apart from the fact that Jack Black was in it along with a bunch of heavy metal personalities that my mum loves. I played the first level and I was completely blown away by the creativity and general awesomeness of that game, so much so that I went out and rented it out twice. Having bought it since and achieving 100% on the stats screen I can quite safely say that no matter what the new Double Fine title will be, I am quite positive in saying that it will deliver on so many levels to a wide variety of gamers. So I guess what I want from the next Double Fine game is just more of the same!

Thank You. As of late I have played Costume Quest and I am definitely going to get Stacking when It comes out... Isn't that in a few days?

Can't wait!

I'd like to see what Double Fine can do with a space/sci-fi adventure title in the veins of the Traveller RPG and The Stars My Destination. Get Slough Feg to do the soundtrack.

I would just be happy with a fun, solid arcade game every year. Double Fine has made awesome arcade games recently and everybody has enjoyed playing those. I think they should just work with the creative and unusual ideas that they are known for and turn them into great games!

I would adore some robots in the next one.

This.

And a sci-fi platformer would be awesome too, particularly if it was dystopian comedy.

But I'd also like the next to have a PC version... *generic*

I am genuinely curious to see what Double Fine could bring to the FPS market through XBLA/PSN, as it's an insanely competitive arena & something has to be quite unique to stand out from the shadows of the AAA behemoths.

I think Double Fine's biggest strength is in making something that looks charming and can draw players in however something visually different but easy to make is quite a challenge even more so within the constraints of XBLA/PSN budgets.

On a side note I'd love to see something sci-fi from Double Fine, I was very impressed with the art direction on Oban Star Racers a French/Japanese co-production, thats a style Double Fine I think could adapt to a sci-fi game. Anyway not many game developers get to do different genre games even more so if they wander into AAA territory so Double Fine is pretty lucky in this regard.

I am genuinely curious to see what Double Fine could bring to the FPS market through XBLA/PSN, as it's an insanely competitive arena & something has to be quite unique to stand out from the shadows of the AAA behemoths.

I think Double Fine's biggest strength is in making something that looks charming and can draw players in however something visually different but easy to make is quite a challenge even more so within the constraints of XBLA/PSN budgets.

On a side note I'd love to see something sci-fi from Double Fine, I was very impressed with the art direction on Oban Star Racers a French/Japanese co-production, thats a style Double Fine I think could adapt to a sci-fi game. Anyway not many game developers get to do different genre games even more so if they wander into AAA territory so Double Fine is pretty lucky in this regard.

FPS, huh? I don't really like that genre, but I have to say, if DF made one, I think it'd be worth my time to try it. Maybe. No, definately. I like games with coherent/existent story lines and plot development, and that is something that DF delivers with finesse.

An adventure game where all the inventory items are practical joke devices: disappearing ink, shock gum, blue mouth gum, whoopie cushion, snake-in-a-can, petrified cigarette, moo box, etc. Could end up pretty similar to DOTT, since it had some of such items (fake barf, exploding cigar, ink, mechanical jaw).

240712479_100ce090b1.jpg

joke-snake-candy-can.jpg

240712479_100ce090b1.jpg.ab885aeeccc8e38

joke-snake-candy-can.jpg.180489d30822b10

A game that would make no sense. I don't mean unrealistic like Costume Quest, I mean a game where if you haven't said "LOLWUT" within the past 5 minutes during gameplay, that part needs to be redesigned. I'm talking about Bobobobobobobo style humor. I think that DF could make it absolutely hilarious.

A game where you play as an absent minded time traveler, who goes back in time to warn people of something, but immediately forgets what it was.

Well, since I doubt we're going to ever get any sort of direct sequel to Psychonauts, I think it'd be great if DF made a simple 2D point-and-click task completion game within the Psychonauts universe. I was thinking something along the lines of that old Pink Panther game, Passport to Peril, in the sense of art direction and the way you went around the world and had to complete puzzles and tasks to get places.

It really seems to fit the whole secret agent thing the Psychonauts have going on, so maybe it could also be centered around Sasha and Milla?

I'm not sure DF would work on this as an official project, but I believe it could make a really cool Psychonauts fangame. Really, it's not fair to have tons of Lucas fangames and no Double Fine-based ones. :(

Oh, I know! A game about Crazy Bones! Not the one where you throw them (this would be boring in my opinion), but the one where you can play them as main characters in a Lucas-style adventure (or it could be an arcade or a puzzle game).

CRZY.bmp

GoGos+game.jpg

Well, since I doubt we're going to ever get any sort of direct sequel to Psychonauts, I think it'd be great if DF made a simple 2D point-and-click task completion game within the Psychonauts universe. I was thinking something along the lines of that old Pink Panther game, Passport to Peril, in the sense of art direction and the way you went around the world and had to complete puzzles and tasks to get places.

It really seems to fit the whole secret agent thing the Psychonauts have going on, so maybe it could also be centered around Sasha and Milla?

I'm not sure DF would work on this as an official project, but I believe it could make a really cool Psychonauts fangame. Really, it's not fair to have tons of Lucas fangames and no Double Fine-based ones. :(

That would be pretty awesome. I'd love a game/fangame based around Sasha and Milla...

What would you want from the Double Fine’s next games?

It should be soft and cuddly... with lots of firepower!

I'd be very interested in a Lost Vikings or Gobliiins-style game, with that signature Double Fine je ne sais quoi. I know they could create really appealing characters who each have their own very clever, original abilities, which you would have to use in conjunction to solve puzzles to progress.

-Finch

I'd be very interested in a Lost Vikings or Gobliiins-style game, with that signature Double Fine je ne sais quoi. I know they could create really appealing characters who each have their own very clever, original abilities, which you would have to use in conjunction to solve puzzles to progress.

-Finch

In fact, your idea can be combined with mine. Suppose Crazy Bones would be very suitable for a Gobliiins-style game, each can have special abilities.

I'd like to see a game kind of like Ghost Trick. The premise is you have an assassin who's also psychic, and on each assignment he has different options of using his powers to manipulate the environment to kill his target. Timing plays a great role, and if you fail, then the organization who hired you will be on your ass. It could be kind of a spinoff of Psychonauts, say maybe the assassin is a former Psychonaut who went rogue.

Sign in to follow this