Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 16: This Time it's Just for Love

I strongly agree that a big problem with the mountain puzzle is that telling someone to go to sleep again is both intuitively nonsensical and, more importantly, not fun. It's too easy.

I like the whole "missions" sequence thematically, but it really feels like Tim's "I'm the Walt Disney of Computers!!" tendencies ran amok there. It's a passive cartoon to be experienced, not a game to be played. The "missions" sequence ought to have had puzzles that stretched across multiple missions, rather than a cheesy two-click dialogue solution.

Overall, I suspect that most of the cheesy dialogue solutions stemmed from the fact that dialogue puzzles are much much cheaper than other kinds of puzzles. Most of them were very likely added when Tim cut down 50% of the design or bad user feedback convinced them to "streamline the storytelling experience," (Yawn.)

You guys are doing a wonderful job with the game. I couldn't be happier. Thank you.

I wanted to live in the world, and that's all I can ask from any adventure game.

The entire package of Broken Age has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me, personally. Its been a huge source of inspiration artistically, and I sincerely appreciate all of the incredible work everyone has done at Double Fine and 2 Player Productions. Easily the most valuable investment relating to games I've made in my adult life.

Keep up the amazing work, you all rule!

Any chance we're getting the next episode soon?

Every chance, I'd say. They've been aiming for an episode every 2 months for a while, and in about a week that'll be 2 months, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it in the next couple of weeks.

If anything delays this, I would imagine it would be that 2PP needed to get the Grim Fandango doc episode ready for PAX, but that was only 8 minutes.

True, though the time between the last two episodes was 3 months. That's why I ask.

True, though the time between the last two episodes was 3 months. That's why I ask.

Fair enough! I'd forgotten about that gap. Still, the release is a few months away in theory, so presumably they'll want at least a couple more episodes pre-release.

but we are the [now] generation! and it has been long...

Episode!....Episode!...Episode!...

:-P

see it as a compliment

Rewatching this episode to remind myself what happened.

Kinda wanna cry all over again!

Videos for the main doc series do not play after clicking play button in Firefox, and trying IE10 it says "Sorry. Because of privacy settings, this video cannot be played here." The making of plays, so I have to assume something has borked the server side drm.

EDIT: IDK, really weird situation where almost all videos were stalling, not just here. And I mistook the making of for the sidequest, which is on youtube and probably ran html5. A reboot and updating flash didn't immediately solve the problem, but the vids play now. Sorry for the noise.

New Episode before end of year?
Newest episode is done filming and is in final editing and sound pass. Should be early January due to Christmas/New Year vacation. Following episode should be smaller turn around as it is also finished filming and just needs editing.

Sign in to follow this