Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acorino

What will Broken Age's last shot show or look like?

Tim talked two times so far on the documentary about the last shot of the game. I think it's fair to assume that its of significant meaning to the story (as it should be) and also that it will at least evoke the first and last shot of Act 1. So: what do you estimate will the very last shot of Broken Age show or look like? I think this speculation might have the additional benefit of annoying Tim if we guess right. ;)

The obvious and trite: Shay and Vella are finally united and kiss. Since Broken Age isn't a love story so far, I doubt it will turn out to be one in Act 2. Maybe they simply hug? Shake hands? ;)

Another idea I had needs a bit more explaining. The mother A.I. told Shay that she was once a sacrifical maiden. I wonder if the father A.I. tells Vella his backstory, and if he does, whether it will parallel Shay's fate. Maybe the last shot shows who the father and mother A.I. once were? Probably not. :P

What do you guess?

I really hope it's not a love story. The coming of age subject feels to me like a much more interesting one and even with Tim's exceptional writing I think a love story is going to feel tacked on. Of course it depends on how it's done, but with how far Vella and Shay are apart at the moment both in maturity and background I'm not going to buy that they've suddenly developed strong feelings for each other in the matter of time the next act spans. It would require a lot more building up. Maybe at best it could be a blooming romance that's only hinted at at the very end of the game. But as I said I much rather the story goes off in another direction.

The camera will zoom out to reveal that the Broken Age world and its settings are inside a globe sitting on Tim's desk.

:)

The camera will zoom out to reveal that the Broken Age world and its settings are inside a globe sitting on Tim's desk.

:)

Or it will skip ahead 20 years to Shay (who after the events of Broken Age changed his name) designing Broken Age at his video game studio.

lol, those would be so bad.

We know that the player will meet the actual Mom in Part 2 -- not just hear her voice. We also haven't really cracked why "Young Monsters" was an original title idea.

So if we can figure out how Vella is a monster, then we can probably guess the ending. :P

Yeah, go back and watch the voice-over episodes of the documentary. At one point, Tim's screen is shown in the background, and the text on there is a bio of the Mom. It says the player will meet her... and be surprised.

They may change their mind about that, but we'll see.

Yeah, go back and watch the voice-over episodes of the documentary. At one point, Tim's screen is shown in the background, and the text on there is a bio of the Mom. It says the player will meet her... and be surprised.

Mom Chothra

That's pretty cool :D

It was all a dream and shay is actually still stuck in the ship and vella is going to be picked, they both die shay of boredom vella of lethal mog chothra

The two lost knives meet each other, the talking one being very attracted to the silent one, but being frustrated by the lack of response.

Well, okay, the pair of knives would surely murder them, though? ;)

This is an old thread, but why not.

I think it'll be another mirror of the opening shot, like the end of act 1, but with something to indicate whatever has changed in the story to resolve both situations. I feel like it'll at least allude to that opening visual, as that seems to have been the driving inspiration behind the whole thing.

We will zoom in to discover the pixels are actually photos.

Photos of all the backers with webcams Tim has hacked into and taken shots of. Then a message saying "Thanks to all the backers, now buy it again or I'll publish it!" before a fade to black.

Sign in to follow this