Sign in to follow this  
epic

Sigh, act 2 is going to be pushed into 2015, isn't it?

Okay, act one was just amazing, and for six months, I have been waiting for act 2. The last I heard is that act 2 has been fully funded, but has no official release date. I look everywhere, and there's no recent information on act 2. So I have feared for the worst that act 2 will be pushed into 2015.

Backer updates have been ongoing (I know, backer only info sucks). DF has thus far avoided setting a hard date (I assume to not upset people if they miss it),, but from what I can tell it looks like before Christmas 2014 is the date they need to hit.

Okay, act one was just amazing, and for six months, I have been waiting for act 2. The last I heard is that act 2 has been fully funded, but has no official release date. I look everywhere, and there's no recent information on act 2. So I have feared for the worst that act 2 will be pushed into 2015.

No hard dates, of course...

Judging from that last video, 2015 would not even be the worst case scenario. The hopefully not backer exclusive gist is that they're trying hard to deliver Episode 2 in 2014, but would consider it "a miracle" should they meet that deadline.

>>Original Pitch

>>Warts and all

>>2014: People still somehow upset about warts

Just pretend like Double Fine never announced the game and, like the old days, kept it a secret for seven years until they were ready to tell you about it, because if they told people about it from the very beginning, then THIS thread would happen.

I don't think it's accurate at all to say end of 2014 would be a miracle.

Here's what we know:

0) Sure, in the video a few people were slightly nervous about a 2014 deadline.

1) They're aiming for end of this year (or at least were in the last doc released a short while back)

2) Shay Act 2 is fully playable

3) They're on schedule for recording the voices based on what they said a couple of months back and the fact that there are people recording voices for the game at the moment, which means the writing is on schedule too.

Here's some educated extrapolation:

They started recording the voices about this time last year for Act 1, and released in January. It's reasonable to guess that since this is Act 2, and they don't need to produce as many assets (as many of the locations and characters are the same) and don't need to iron out as many general bugs (only act 2 specific bugs) that it could take a little less time to go from voiceovers to finished in Act 2.

2014 is realistic to aim for. They might miss it slightly. Probably not by much. Whatever.