Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bussiere

Achievement for really hacking the game ?

Why not make an achievement if you really hack the game ?

Like memory edit with game conqueror ?

If a value goes too far or is incredible ?

Beacuse when the game will be finish one day or another i will try memory edit.

With such a theme i could be fun.

Regards

Bussiere

I don't think that's a good idea in practice. You need to implement some sort of DRM to detect this. I don't think the extra development time, performance drop and fatal bugs associated with DRM are worth an insignificant achievement.

Just have it be an achievement which you can't get unless you manually enable it by hacking the game. You could technically get all the other achievements by hacking the game like that but for this game would that really matter?

Just have it be an achievement which you can't get unless you manually enable it by hacking the game. You could technically get all the other achievements by hacking the game like that but for this game would that really matter?

I don't think it's a good idea to hack Steam achievements directly either, but a good compromise would be to have a hidden variable that can only be accessed by Halcyon/Ida and that would trigger the achievement. Something like the "Achievement" achievement in The Stanley Parable, but more obscure than simply looking in menus.

Sign in to follow this