Sign in to follow this  
Jenni

DFAF Forum Adventure Game

OK, so I'm sure everyone's noticed by now I'm a little bit all over the place when coming up with things. That's just the way my creative process works, so I jump from project to project all the time (I'm trying to get used to it so I can get things done... I'll get there eventually - feel free to nudge me on any of my projects if you want, I'll actually appreciate the kick in the pants).

So, on this day of jumping I thought I'd give a go at a DFAF adventure game. I'm not the first one who thought of this, so thanks to Darth Marsden and Noname215 for the idea. Hopefully this time it will get somewhere. I'm going for a cartoon style game like Day of the Tentacle, and will be making it in Wintermute (so it can be compatible with ScummVM, so it can be played on just about anything).

So, who wants in? Let me know what you want to look like and I'll draw a representation of you (you'll of course get final approval on the look, so feel free to let me know if you don't like my drawing and I'll do it again). Or if you're art inclined, feel free to do a Day of the Tentacle-ish drawing of yourself. I'll whip up a version of myself and post it in a bit.

EDIT: OK. Let's Here's the representation of me. Let's get this ball rolling. :)

dfaf-jenni.png

You can draw me however you want from the shoulders down. Instead of a head, I have an anemone wearing sunglasses (see my avatar).

Note that I am in anonymity, so I lurk in the shadows. (Or relax in the shade. Technically it's the same thing.)

Naturally I can breathe in water, but I hate when fish get tangled in my tentacle hair.

You can draw me however you want from the shoulders down. Instead of a head, I have an anemone wearing sunglasses (see my avatar).

Oh, joy. So much freedom. :)

anemone.png

This gave me the story, which is from an abandoned adventure game I was working on about 10 years ago. The storyline was so crazy, it'll be fun to be able to resurrect it. :D

I inspired something? Yay!

You can draw me like Edgar Allan Poe. I shall require an ink pen and a raven perched upon my shoulder.

Oh, joy. So much freedom. :)

anemone.png

This gave me the story, which is from an abandoned adventure game I was working on about 10 years ago. The storyline was so crazy, it'll be fun to be able to resurrect it. :D

Woah, I'm totally rad. So fab. So classy.

I inspired something? Yay!

You can draw me like Edgar Allan Poe. I shall require an ink pen and a raven perched upon my shoulder.

Happy to oblidge. Welcome aboard. :)

noname.png

Strangely enough, this picture actually looks very much like the way the characters of TMM look. Mustard kinda looks like Marsden, and Plum looks like Fawful!

And I actually look quite a bit like Mrs. Scarlet.

You can draw me like my avatar, but green. There's a size reference in the link, but I like to imagine my Anomalocaris avatar is just some eldritch being that saw a picture of one once, thinks Anomalocaris look cool, and doesn't really know how they work*.

*Or how organic life works, for that matter.

You can draw me like my avatar, but green. There's a size reference in the link, but I like to imagine my Anomalocaris avatar is just some eldritch being that saw a picture of one once, thinks Anomalocaris look cool, and doesn't really know how they work*.

*Or how organic life works, for that matter.

OK, here you are:

feddlefew.png

I'm off to bed now. I'll finish up scanning and coloring Marsden when I wake up. Then I'll get started on this puppy. :)

You know what I look like.

...no hats though.

And here you are. :)

darthmarsden.png

I want to be a cow.
You have to draw him with his butt all stuck out like that though.
Okey doke:

fhqwhgads.png

...no hats though.

darthmarsden.png

...blue?

...when do I EVER wear blue?

(It's pretty cool otherwise though :P)

...no hats though.

darthmarsden.png

...blue?

...when do I EVER wear blue?

(It's pretty cool otherwise though :P)

It was meant to be that denim shirt that you wear. That I just noticed was short sleeved. Easy fix... plus you were a bit on the wide side. I kind of cheated and pasted your head on Edgar Allen Poe's body... it didn't really work. Should be better now. :)

I want to be a cow.

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

But... but the shirt I wear is black!

...do people think it's navy blue?

My painting program thinks it does, since I used the eyedropper tool directly on the shirt in the video to get the color. :P

No problem though, I can easily make it black. :)

Edit: There you go:

darthmarsden.png

Dark blonde, to be exact, but it looks different under light.

Looks fine though, so thanks Jenni!

...Or ... feel free to do a Day of the Tentacle-ish drawing of yourself...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

klatuu_dott_by_klatuu_vii-d7uszm9.png

I tried to make it kind of goofy-looking, since I was trying to mimic the DOTT style. Feel free to draw your own version! Thanks!

Oohhh, do me, do me (as the Priest said to the little boy).

Also, I nominate that we all record our dialogue (any excuse to ham it up in front of a microphone).

Have I been here long enough to participate? Meaning about a week? Please?

Oohhh, do me, do me (as the Priest said to the little boy).

OK. Since there's still reference material with your image in the what do you look like thread, I'll get on that shortly. :)

Have I been here long enough to participate? Meaning about a week? Please?
Sure. Your pictures did not seem to survive though, so I'll need some reference (or, whatever you prefer... people have chosen everything from cows to extinct creatures, so whatever you want to represent yourself in the game works for me :P).
Also, I nominate that we all record our dialogue (any excuse to ham it up in front of a microphone).

It shouldn't be too hard to add voice, so sure. That'll be fun. Don't feel anyone needs to do their voice though, if you don't feel up to it, just let me know what you want to sound like and I'll work something out. :)

OK. Since there's still reference material with your image in the what do you look like thread, I'll get on that shortly. :)

Great, thanks.

One thing though; I'm not sure which photo you're referring to. It could be quite out of date now. I look fairly similar to how I look in my 'King's Quest' video right now. The only changes since then, is that I'm a bit thinner and have grown a bit more hair (same facial hair though). You could use that as a basis or I could take a new photo for you tomorrow?

It shouldn't be too hard to add voice, so sure.

Yay!

Actually, Jenni; I forgot that the aspect ratio is messed up on that video. I'll snap a new photo for reference tomorrow and upload it to this thread. Sorry.