Sign in to follow this  
Jenni

DFAF Forum Adventure Game

3 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

That 

That music loop is annoying as %#$@&!.

I wouldn't have expected anything less!

Upon closer inspection it appears that every game (100+) on this damn website uses THE SAME MUSIC LOOP.

4 minutes ago, Bidiot Bales said:

I wouldn't have expected anything less!

Upon closer inspection it appears that every game (100+) on this damn website uses THE SAME MUSIC LOOP.

Not true. The first Obama Saw game loops a piece from Hello Zepp and the Obama In The Dark game uses at least three or four different loops.

8 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Not true. The first Obama Saw game loops a piece from Hello Zepp and the Obama In The Dark game uses at least three or four different loops.

Oh well every game I clicked on had the same music. I clicked on at least 10, guess it was chance.

Sorry about the week long break or so in between DFAF adventure game releases.  I needed a break from making those games, so I took the break - to make another adventure game. :P

I used the DFAF adventure as a template, and created The Dreamcat Adventure.  It's a small one room adventure game that I'm also writing a guide for - so that anyone who wants to make low resolution games with a verb bar in Wintermute can do so with the guide and Dreamcat as a template.

dcascreen.png

The bonus is that doing it taught me a lot more about the Wintermute engine, so now I know how to do some tricks that I was hoping to do in the DFAF adventure. :)

Since Dreamcat is now finished, I spent tonight working on more sprites for DFAF personalities. :)  Darth Marsden and Right Said Brett are now in the game. :D

screenshot.png

As always, to get DFAF adventure, follow the links below: 

Remember that picture of Darth Marsden as a monkey? That would have been hilarious if you made his face ape-ish.

I dove into the DFAF adventure game head first without knowing much about Wintermute, so I decided to get my feet wet a different way.  I adapted the open source AGS game OpenQuest to Wintermute.  Since there's a lot going on in that game, despite being only two rooms, I was able to learn a lot about the engine.  I'm going to add the things I learned (especially that I forgot to update the menu code for the low resolution - oops) into the other games I'm working on.

vkhhX5.pngwIBBoE.png

The Wintermute conversion of OpenQuest is 300x200 like the original, and is available here, and the source is available here.  The only thing that's missing in the game is the triangle puzzle (you move pieces in the right order to form a triangle), which might be beyond my ability.  I'm going to give it a shot, but it's playable without it (and the SCUMM conversion actually skipped this puzzle as well).

EDIT: The information on the Wintermute forum is awesome. :)  I found this topic, which is exactly what I need for the triangle puzzle.  Now it's not impossible, just time consuming. ;)

EDIT 2: The triangle puzzle is now in the game. :D
%2B1EXyS.png

I put the stuff I learned into The Dreamcat Adventure and DFAF Adventure, plus I've been in the mood to create music - so I made a few new songs for those games (and resurrected two I made in 2013 for February Album Writing Month for Dreamcat).

Both games also got nice new looks for the verb interface:

dc1.png

screenie.png

As always, to get DFAF adventure, follow the links below: