Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cecil

Steam Achievements in Iron Brigade PC now. Something going on?

Saw that the PC version now has Steam achievements.

Not sure when they were added, but I'm guessing it was pretty recently.

GfWL on the way out here also? If that's the case, then yeah!

Already posted about it in the Steam forums, but I'd like to think that this is good news. Stats & Achievements are part of the Steamworks API, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're secretlly implementing matchmaking as well, in favour of GfWL. That would mean happy days for Iron Brigade! Maybe Double Fine finally got the rights back from Microsoft and we'll be getting a Mac and Linux version as well? I'm just guessing. My bets are on an announcement at PAX Prime in a few weeks.

The global achievement page for Iron Brigade still shows 0% for each cheevo, which means it hasn't even begun to be tested internally. They'll usually go up to 0.1% when internal testing begins before the patch is pushed, like what happened for batman: AA and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Just keep your eyes on the global cheevo page, 'cause even before an official announcement was made for the two games I listed, the stats started changing.

Great news, regardless of timeframe. Always have loved DF, and to know that they are migrating IB over to steamworks makes me love them that much more. Of course, no idea if GFWL achievements will unlock retroactively in Steam, but even if not: that would be just another reason (apart from broken GFWL being removed) to replay this amazingly bizarre game :)

I don't like steam, but this is nice. Hopefully this is a sign that DF will have more control over Iron Brigade and SOMEDAY another DLC will be forged.

The Global Leaderboards currently list three people from Double Fine's QA Team who have earned achievements for Iron Brigade, so apparently they're currently testing the game. I hope this means that we'll have a GFWL-free version of Iron Brigade soon!

Would be neat if this also means that Double Fine is free to port the game to Linux and Mac.

Would be neat if this also means that Double Fine is free to port the game to Linux and Mac.

Heck yea! I'd imagine it'd have decent controls too...Psychonauts is one of the only games on my macbook that is super controller-friendly and I didn't need an app to map the buttons. Was very impressed when I started it up the first time.

I never played Iron Brigade with a controller on my PC. Well, since my old 90s sidewinder

rests in peace I got none anymore. I'm thinking about getting one again. Wonder what

the experience in IB will be. ^_^

I never played Iron Brigade with a controller on my PC. Well, since my old 90s sidewinder

rests in peace I got none anymore. I'm thinking about getting one again. Wonder what

the experience in IB will be. ^_^

Ummmm.....good probably??? Its how the 360 players do it and its been working so far. *shrugs*

Or my brain could just explode, you never know.

Maybe it can't process such input anymore. ;P

Anything is possible. Flammable and Inflammable is the same thing!

On a side note, me and a friend went for weekly a few hours ago on the 360. No joke...we finished 1 minute (maybe less) before the reset. We actually have competition now and we check to see if the other group is on. Makes its a little more exciting to play on sunday now.

So we did settlement a 2nd time and had to settle for 4th and 5th. Found out afterwards that the Hamer sucks at shredding when we were doing swamp. I wanted a change of pace so i shredded while building mines. We did finish swamp rather quickly though at 1h 46 mins.

Karlson chassis, starting the clip on one side and then starting the clip on the other side when the first clip is 1/3 fired is the optimal way to shred. While one side is firing, the other is reloading, theres a period where both are firing simultaneously, which results in the highest dps possible. Bla Bla Bla.

Sign in to follow this