Sign in to follow this  
TrueStoryGuy

How is "Regent Training" going to work?

I'm aware of the core concept of the idea: That a Regent and a Partner create new heroes, and then train them until they're "Hero Age" (15), and thus Regent and Partner classes successfully carry over, along with traits. This makes it sound like if two Level 3 Heroes produce a new Hero, then through training the new Hero will be Level 3, or at the least Level 2, when they come of age.

The teamstreams seem to be shying away from this feature as of late, but I perfectly understand it not being integrated yet, much like Hybrid classes, but discussion seems to have stopped all together. Is this feature still prominent in the design, or are all children going to be Level 1 n00bs?

I'm aware of the core concept of the idea: That a Regent and a Partner create new heroes, and then train them until they're "Hero Age" (15), and thus Regent and Partner classes successfully carry over, along with traits. This makes it sound like if two Level 3 Heroes produce a new Hero, then through training the new Hero will be Level 3, or at the least Level 2, when they come of age.

The teamstreams seem to be shying away from this feature as of late, but I perfectly understand it not being integrated yet, much like Hybrid classes, but discussion seems to have stopped all together. Is this feature still prominent in the design, or are all children going to be Level 1 n00bs?

I am pretty sure in everything they've said, unless I've got something completely wrong (which could always be the case, ha) that this is still the plan -- to have the next generation a little better off if they come from slightly more leveled heroes, etc. But perhaps you can ask about it in the next teamstream!

Smiles

Children are trained by the regent and partner of their house, as well as any commanders you have placed in academies throughout the nation! They'll receive XP during training (depending on the XP of their trainers), and personality traits will rub off on them as well! We're still working on tuning all the knobs, but the general idea is already implemented in the game!

Children are trained by the regent and partner of their house, as well as any commanders you have placed in academies throughout the nation! They'll receive XP during training (depending on the XP of their trainers), and personality traits will rub off on them as well! We're still working on tuning all the knobs, but the general idea is already implemented in the game!
Hey, thanks for the response, Dan! You guys rock.

Yep this is already in the game but you have a hard time "feeling it" in the early stages of the game when your heroes are lower level. We're thinking about the best ways to address this! :D!