Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryannumber1gamer

So Phil Fish says Gamers don't deserve Fez 2.

Seems a lot like a false flag attack from someone trying to blame /v/. Some people suspect that Fish leaked his own info to frame others.

They think he leaked a lot of personal information, and NDA protected business documents, on purpose? That's a lot of tinfoil required to build the hat that's required for theories like that.

The one thing these stories has shown is that the most hardcore gaming communities are truly awful places.

wow you guys sure like talking about phil, huh. it sucks that this happened to him. i don't really care to talk about it, but the apparent reason is because he had the gall to defend zoe quinn. if you don't know what happened to her, just google it and you'll see the ugliest part of the internet. it's basically the salem witch trials v2.0.

people are assholes

gamers are very people

Yep.

Her ex basically is using the gaming community to do his stalking and harassing for him.

Edit:

Seems a lot like a false flag attack from someone trying to blame /v/. Some people suspect that Fish leaked his own info to frame others.

They think he leaked a lot of personal information, and NDA protected business documents, on purpose? That's a lot of tinfoil required to build the hat that's required for theories like that.

The one thing these stories has shown is that the most hardcore gaming communities are truly awful places.

What rock were you under for the past couple of years?

Can I join you? It seems pretty nice under there. 8^(

I have funyuns...

That really is a long way to go just to blame /v/, who are probably reveling in the attention anyway. The man attracts drama, I'll say that much about him.

Her ex basically is using the gaming community to do his stalking and harassing for him.

Yes, that is exactly the way this has to be described, thanks.

What really irks me is that Zoë's name is so much in the limelight, but no one ever seems to know or mention the name of the "ex".

Eron Gjoni.

Eron Gjoni ruthlessly chronicled deeply personal and intimate things about a girl who had ALREADY BEEN harrassed to oblivion before by the most crappy gamer communities out there on reddit, 4chan and Greenlight. Driven by revenge and only revenge and nothing but revenge. Because it sure as hell isn't about saving the gaming industry from corrupt people... I mean, protecting kotaku's journalistic integrity is a bit like jumping on a ship that has already sailed weeks ago... don't you think? :(

This revenge blog has been online for more than a week now. In my book, this defamation of character, one that is obviously STILL without remorse, should cost him (financially - as in 'sue him'... he should not be harrassed).

Eron Gjoni ruthlessly chronicled deeply personal and intimate things about a girl who had ALREADY BEEN harrassed to oblivion before by the most crappy gamer communities out there on reddit, 4chan and Greenlight. Driven by revenge and only revenge and nothing but revenge. Because it sure as hell isn't about saving the gaming industry from corrupt people... I mean, protecting kotaku's journalistic integrity is a bit like jumping on a ship that has already sailed weeks ago... don't you think? :(

That people are actually worried about their integrity is the lamest excuse ever. People are jumping on this because they like the gossip. It's tasty do dive in to this mess of personal details and relationship dramas. Kotaku also explained what that writer had written about that game and when, so no one had to "worry" about that part for long.

Eron needs help, because if he actually thought he did good he's suffering from a severe case of stupidity. And if he didn't think this, but actually thought that this was the appropiate amount of revenge on her, then that's also him suffering from stupidity. He needs help with it, because based on the reactions to this, his stupidity is contagious.

What rock were you under for the past couple of years?

Can I join you? It seems pretty nice under there. 8^(

Well, there's actually no 4 Chan or /v/ existing under my rock, so it's pretty cousy because of that, if nothing less. I actually have never visited them, but every quote I've seen from them makes them look like horrible places.

I'm at Neogaf, but that's as far as I will venture when it comes to gaming communities.

Just read through the ex-s blog and all the logs of their discussions that he provided and it doesn't seem like a simple case of stalking and vindictive harassment to me. There's a lot of abuse, manipulation and gaslighting chronicled in that story and backed up with logs.

And, speaking of names, from what I gather, Eron Gjoni is his real name, Zoe Quinn is not her real name.

Edit: Also, I read the last 3 days of the ex-s Reddit posts and none of it supports the narrative of "vindictive boyfriend uses gaming community to harass ex".

Edit 2: Don't just take my word:

Here's the blog: http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

Here's his Reddit profile: http://www.reddit.com/user/qrios

There's a lot of abuse, manipulation and gaslighting chronicled in that story and backed up with logs.

So what.

EA CEO to have cheated on girlfriend

IGN still waiting for official comment

(Doesn't sound like a prospective future IGN headline? That's probably because it has zip to do with games.)

There's a lot of abuse, manipulation and gaslighting chronicled in that story and backed up with logs.

So what.

EA CEO to have cheated on girlfriend

IGN still waiting for official comment

(Doesn't sound like a prospective future IGN headline? That's probably because it has zip to do with games.)

Also doesn't change the fact that he is using the internet to stalk and harass his ex, knowing full and well what happened when she published Depression Quest.

Edit:

Just read through the ex-s blog and all the logs of their discussions that he provided and it doesn't seem like a simple case of stalking and vindictive harassment to me. There's a lot of abuse, manipulation and gaslighting chronicled in that story and backed up with logs.

And, speaking of names, from what I gather, Eron Gjoni is his real name, Zoe Quinn is not her real name.

Edit: Also, I read the last 3 days of the ex-s Reddit posts and none of it supports the narrative of "vindictive boyfriend uses gaming community to harass ex".

Most women (such as myself) that are involved in any sort of fan community use pseudonyms for safety reason, because it's really not worth any air of "legitimacy" to have the random death and rape threats from strangers follow us to home and work. I think of it as a continuation of the tradition of using pen names.

If Zoe Quinn wants to interact with a notoriously misogynistic community without using her legal name, that's her choice.

Is any of it relevant for the general public on the internet, other then it being gossip?

Is any of it relevant for the general public on the internet, other then it being gossip?

Yes. Definitely.

Yes. Definitely.

No. Stop making excuses for misogynistic shitbags.

Yes. Definitely.

In what way? What are we gaining from trying to play detectives in this mess?

Well, the blog is essentially a big call out post -- it's actually not as much about cheating as you'd think. There's stuff in there how she's compulsively lying and manipulating people around her and "gaming the system". Since she's a somewhat public figure, I sincerely believe that the people have a right to know.

Well, the blog is essentially a big call out post -- it's actually not as much about cheating as you'd think. There's stuff in there how she's compulsively lying and manipulating people around her and "gaming the system". Since she's a somewhat public figure, I sincerely believe that the people have a right to know.

Let's say that she has.

What do we do with that information? How has that changed anything for us who does not know any of them in person? What has the public gained?

Let's say that she has.

What do we do with that information? How has that changed anything for us who does not know any of them in person? What has the public gained?

Sure, it's less important for people who don't know them in person and more important to people who might be working with her in the future. I can't answer how this changes things for everyone else, but I held her in pretty high esteem previously and now I don't. Not because she cheated on her boyfriend, but because of the extent she's willing to betray her principles.

Sure, it's less important for people who don't know them in person and more important to people who might be working with her in the future. I can't answer how this changes things for everyone else, but I held her in pretty high esteem previously and now I don't. Not because she cheated on her boyfriend, but because of the extent she's willing to betray her principles.

My question wasn't if it was less or more important to us then to those who know her. It was in what way it's important for us, which you seem to struggle with an answer to.

And that's because it isn't. You might try the answer that it's important in the sense that you only want to support people who are nice (and I'm not saying she isn't, because I don't know how she is in person). But that information is no way worth the harrasment she gets because of this. Her whole personality and personal life is being torn to piecies by everyone and anyone, which is just truly awful. Anyone who feels that's ok and/or that she deserves it is either really really dumb in the sense that she/he can't understand the consequences of things like this being made public, or is just an anwful person herself/himself.

I don't think she deserves any abuse, but I think people deserve to know how unethical she is because she's a public figure. Yes, the harassment is unfortunate, that much I agree on.

I don't think she deserves any abuse, but I think people deserve to know how unethical she is because she's a public figure. Yes, the harassment is unfortunate, that much I agree on.

Unfortunate?

a) It's a silly word to use for a situation like this, because it downplays the severity of what has happened.

b) And it wasn't unfortunate. It was expected, given. Of course that kind of information would lead to things like this. Anyone who couldn't see it coming is either naive, dumb or both. Probably both. The general public on internet should never get personal information like that, because they can't f*cking handle it. And even if you are a public person, there are limits.

When the internet acts like they have in the case with Quinn/Fish, I just want to unplug my computer and read a book instead.

My question wasn't if it was less or more important to us then to those who know her. It was in what way it's important for us, which you seem to struggle with an answer to.

And that's because it isn't. You might try the answer that it's important in the sense that you only want to support people who are nice (and I'm not saying she isn't, because I don't know how she is in person). But that information is no way worth the harrasment she gets because of this. Her whole personality and personal life is being torn to piecies by everyone and anyone, which is just truly awful. Anyone who feels that's ok and/or that she deserves it is either really really dumb in the sense that she/he can't understand the consequences of things like this being made public, or is just an anwful person herself/himself.

I've found most people cling to the Just World Fallacy like their life depends on it.* Thus, obviously if bad things happen to her it's because she deserves them, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will change their minds because that would mean accepting that the same thing could happen to them.

*Really, it mostly kills people. But what's a few million lives a year compared to keeping yourself sane?

Like I said, I don't think she deserves any of this. Nobody deserves to be abused. But I also think it's important that victims speak out about their abusers, even when it has bad consequences to the abusers.

Again, don't just take my word on it:

The blog: http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

I've read the whole blog up and down this week and the only thing I've ever thought is what a sad fuck Gjoni is.

I've been dealing with plenty of people who wish nothing more than to revel in their own power by riling up a shitstorm against someone. This is one of those cases. There's noting in that entire wall of text that concerns me. There's nothing in that entire wall of text that concerns the gaming industry. We read it because it's gossip. I READ IT BECAUSE IT'S GOSSIP. This is the blog's value, exclusively so.

This blog has achieved what it was supposed to achieve long, long ago: establishing pitchfork internet mobs to bring a person down to her knees psychologically.

This is not an "unfortunate" byproduct of a search for truth, it is the only thing that will ever come from that stupid blog. No one's searching the truth here, no one. People are either intelligent enough not to have an opinion on personal stuff that only concerns two persons, or they are stupid enough to think that they've already found the truth in that stupid blog. There's no truth to be found there. Only blind hate and blatant attempts at psychological manipulation. By Gjoni, mind you.

I personally believe it, because it's all backed up by logs. Which are further backed up by video proof. Also, I think that you mischaracterise the ex, because as the logs show, he was willing to work things out even right at the end and he doesn't come off vindictive in his Reddit posts.

Also, I think this is kind of relevant to the gaming community, if for no other reason then least to know that she's "gaming the system":

Edit: link deleted just to err at the side of caution, but you can find it on the blog that I've linked to earlier.

Delete that please... no one wants to see it.

Okay, but don't you think it's relevant to the gaming community that's she's advancing her career through manipulating people? Or that one of the guys that she cheated on her boyfriend with was her boss who subsequently hired her on a project as a narrative designer?

Delete that please... no one wants to see it.

Okay, but don't you think it's relevant to the gaming community that's she's advancing her career through manipulating people? Or that one of the guys that she cheated on her boyfriend with was her boss who subsequently hired her on a project as a narrative designer?

That's theirs problems, not ours. How exactly is it relevant for you or me that she was has hired on that project, or what the basis was?

That's theirs problems, not ours. How exactly is it relevant for you or me that she was has hired on that project, or what the basis was?

Like I said, it's less relevant to you and me and more relevant to the people who will be working with her in the industry. It's not about why she was hired or that she was hired. It's about her being a person who takes a strong moral stance against cheating, yet is willing to work for a man who cheats on his wife just to advance her career. It's about the manipulation and her almost pathological lying and whether people can trust her motives.

Not to mention that her sleeping her way to the top seems kind of a slap in the face to all the women in the industry who succeed by their own merits and hard work.

Sign in to follow this