Sign in to follow this  
Permafry_42

Prepurchase CQ2 DLC clarification

So I'm definitely preordering CQ2 since it is one of the games I have most wanted to see a sequel for out of all the DF games. However, I'm confused with the wording for dlc. As someone who already owns CQ1, will i need to buy the bundle, which includes a copy of the original, in order to get the prepurchase dlc? Or will I be able to get the prepurchase dlc simply for prepurchasing the game unbundled? If I do have to buy both games in order to get all the additional costume dlc, can you change it so that people who already own cq1 that preorder cq2 will also receive all the dlc, thereby rewarding fans that already own the game rather than making us have to pay extra to receive a copy of a game we've already got? If not I'll still get the bundle since i really want to play with all the costumes. But I'd hope that loyal fans of the series are also the ones who get to receive the prepurchase dlc rather than only those who can afford to buy the bundle, regardless of whether they already bought the game.

The store page says:

Starting today, good boys and girls can pre-order in two ways, the first features Costume Quest 2 and four classic costumes, or get the Pre-Purchase Costume Quest 2 Bundle with four classic costumes plus the original Costume Quest game & Grubbins on Ice DLC. That’s a crazy good deal!

So it looks like both preorder options give the bonus costumes, the only difference is the copy of Costume Quest 1 in the bundle.

The wording on steam page is horrible, misleading and also false (you won't get costume quest 1 for free in the second bundle, you actually pay for it but with a discount).

Here instead is actually clear on the content of each bundle http://www.costumequest2.com/

The game also is sold with a 1:1 conversion between usd and euro. I wish there was a preorder on GOG too, with fair prices.

Thanks guys; Just preorder the unbundled game thanks to your advice! Definitely looking forwards to playing it on October 7th =D

Agreed, the wording on steam is misleading. I've now pre-ordered the game as I really want the CQ1 outfits (and I look forward to CQ2 as well :) ), but I already have CQ1. So I assume the information on the site here: http://www.costumequest2.com/ is correct, otherwise I will be dissappointed. :(

The wording on steam page is horrible, misleading and also false (you won't get costume quest 1 for free in the second bundle, you actually pay for it but with a discount).

Here instead is actually clear on the content of each bundle http://www.costumequest2.com/

The game also is sold with a 1:1 conversion between usd and euro. I wish there was a preorder on GOG too, with fair prices.

It is not that big a different because European countries have tax (21% on average) included while in US it's excluded sales tax.

I don't usually pre-order on Steam, but I did this time. Costume Quest was one of my favorite XBLA games, and now that I have a computer good enough to play most games without skipping (Costume Quest was a nightmare to play on my old PC), I pre-ordered the sequel as soon as I found out about it. :)

Is there a way to preorder this without Steam, or a way to get the exclusive DLC via Humble or whatever other outlets are available?

can't wait for this to come out on the 360. i avoided the trailer on the dashboard so i can be as surprised as possible with everything i see.

Just wanted to post this here, although I'm sure no one really doubted it: I e-mailed Double Fine for confirmation and the pre-order DLC is indeed available for all pre-orders, not just for those who buy the bundle with CQ1.

The CQ2-only preorder item now reads "Get exclusive pre-purchase costumes.", but the CQ1/CQ2 bundle reads "Get a free copy of Costume Quest and the exclusive pre-purchase costumes."--it's not free if the bundle costs $5 more!