Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TerminatorTM

[Feature Request] Roster Screen Additions

Individual graphs for crew is nice, but then you have several dozens of them - it is very hard to inspect all of them. So in "Roster" screen would be nice to have additional fields with person current "status", composed of:

1) Security status - like in tantrum\rampage\e.t.c., pacified, cuffed, free, "in brig" and so on..

Often it is hard to understand who is on duty, and who is "slacking off" because of circumstances.

2) Health status

After some raider's or local's wars especialy good to see who is incapacitated, badly hurt and so on. And some researchable sickness must be displayed too (ill with something or may be just unified graphical icon).

3) Mood status - without a details, just graphical smile of average happiness (like in work affinities).

4) Alert status - like suffocating, starving, on fire.

All this will be very helpful for crew managment.

Can you show us with any graphical program or google picture what you are talking about exactly? Or how you imagine this feature to be?

Icons and healthbars on the roster.

Sounds good.

Could use the "unasigned" coloumn for these.

The roster is pretty crowded with the skills and preferences, I was thinking instead of adding more to that, they could add another roster. It would be kind of cool to have something like a duty roster and a fitness roster, one could be similar to what we already have, while the other lists security threats, newest arrivals to help track potential parasite infestations, ect ect.

The roster is pretty crowded with the skills and preferences.

I disagree.

If you ask "what is the most important matter on starbase" - i will answer - DUTY! So, in first place we need to know exactly who's doing what and is he really doing it or is he out of process (in brig, e.t.c.). For example - i had 5 technicians and at some moment 4 of them was incapacitated, in brig - e.t.c. and my base was drastically wearing off equipment.

If you want additional specialized roster screens - it probably wil be useful, but my main concern is clear job managment on 1 screen alltogether with all basic circumstances displayed.

Can you show us with any graphical program or google picture what you are talking about exactly? Or how you imagine this feature to be?

Here it is - attached example of my idea (used a little paint for initial resolution of 1280).

Crew status (mood examples may vary for same smile, i posted only one variant of many for each):

1) Cuffed | Sad, Extremly Angry | Incapacitated | --------

2) ------- | Kinda Happy | Healthy | -------

3) ------- | Neutral | Scuffed Up | Suffocating, Ill with some researchable virus

4) In brig | Sad, Little Angry | Hurt | -------

example.png

example.png.f8bab78895c584b7b0d63cbfc183

Pretty sweet idea, also if we select someone would be nice to have a left and right to scroll through the to other people, I find myself too many times clicking like 3 or 4 extra times to get back to the job roster to then click on the person to find location, and repeat.

The combination of a roster with more info, and the ability to scroll through people faster would be a fantastic addition =)

Had some time to think about what'd be useful on the roster a bit more, and I think for an overall people view of the roster we need a seperate one. The current one for assigning jobs specifically works great, here's some quick ideas for a new overall one.

What they are doing (incapacitated, pacified, working, idle, heading to x location, fighting, working out, eating, etc etc etc)

What kind of physical condition are they in (healthy, mildly hurt, badly hurt)

What kind of mood are they in (happy, sad, angry, freaking out)

Type of job they are assigned, how happy they are with that job (Miner-Happy, or Builder-Unhappy) basically build roster at a glance here.

Maybe even some other info like basic needs/guidance on how to keep them happy like,

We want more shelves

I don't like my job

The food here sucks

I'd like a gym

I can never get any sleep

etc etc etc

Basically take everything already in the game, but at a glance instead of trying to find and click on 60 people seperately, there's just toooooo much micro managing like that especially with how in depth each persons attitude is with their surroundings, and the surrounding people. Also the complete lack of control of who you get makes things tough.

Sign in to follow this