Sign in to follow this  
aaronscientiae

Something's happening!?

So now that DF-9 and H&S are winding down, Costume Quest 2 is out in a month, Massive chalice drawing close and Broken Age is coming out end of year, something is obviously afoot!

What's everyone's rumors for what's next?

My vote is Need for Steed. :P

The completely made up word on the street is that Notch is giving Tim $2.5 million dollars for Psychonauts 2.

With the buy out by MS Notch certainly has more than enough money.

But realistically I expect the AF prototype leads have been going around trying to get funding for their projects and may have actually got it. John Bernhelm seems to have been moved off Massive Chalice, I'm guessing/hoping it's something Steed related.

I hope something that will be a financial success for them. Tim's comments about the financial situation of his company sounded dire in DFA Episode 16 and DF-9's sooner than expected completion makes one worry, too. :/

The "radio silence" seems to HIGHLY indicate partnership with a publisher for a project.

Heck, we didn't even know about Costume Quest 2 until it was very much under development.

To be fair, we didn't learn anything about Spacebase DF-9 and Hack 'n' Slash until after the Indie Fund deal was struck either. And Grim Fandango Remastered was a Sony deal that was revealed on Sony's schedule. It's just that way with projects - they are revealed once funded, or if crowd funding them, when the funding drive starts off.

There's definitely going to be some sort of new project soon. And there's this tweet:

crypto.PNG

(It's not Dear Leader, I already asked)

It's whatever Kee is dreaming about.

It's whatever Kee is dreaming about.

With they're really going all out for psychonauts 2

It seems unlikely that the twitter photo is of a team for a new project, since some of these people are still working on Massive Chalice full-time while others are on Broken Age. They might be looking at a pitch for a project that will ramp up after Broken Age / Massive Chalice, but that doesn't really explain why DF9 and Hack'n'Slash people seem underrepresented in the photo. My guess is that they're watching part of the Massive Chalice documentary.

If DF is also starting work on another game (which seems likely) I'm hoping it's... actually, I don't know. All of the DF projects I'm backing are things that I never knew I wanted until I saw the pitch videos. A full version of Black Lake would be cool, but I don't see that happening until at least one of the current Kickstarter projects is complete.

crypto.PNG

Notice the plural? Sounds to me like there's more than one.

EDIT: The guy in the middle is wearing a Whispering Rock T-shirt... worn for the occasion maybe?