Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theowaern

The Journey Down (giveaway is over, sorry!)

THE GIVEAWAY IS OVER. Thanks everyone for your immense interest in the game. :D You da best.

OK, I've finally sent keys to everyone who requested them. :)

In case you missed me spamming out TJD1 steam keys but are still interested in trying out the game (but hate paying for stuff) the first game in the three-part series is free today on iOS. :)

Check it out here.

Thanks, all. :)

So what is The Journey Down?

The short and honest description is: A game series (three parts in total, part three currently in the making) made by huge fans of the golden age of LucasArts point-n-click adventures. Yes, MI, DOTT, The DIG, FT, GF etc, etc. When people play it they often say that the influence from Grim Fandango and Monkey Island specifically, are quite obvious. We take this as extremely beautiful and flattering compliments. :) Have a peek at the trailers and you may get the same idea, yourself.

ndBiOPu9JGI

ev-82CLxMUI

A gigantic Thank You to Tim not only for the oh-mazing source of inspiration he is, but also for letting me share this with you guys. Tim rules.

The scam works! I told one of my colleagues about the limited free offer on TJD1 on iOS. He got it and loved it and instantly bought TJD2.

Also, to add credibility to this giveaway, it stems from this conversation on Twitter.

I still think this is kinda spammy.... but... if people are cool with it, then okay.

I know, but there's a difference between veteran members making crap posts because they are bored and borderline soliciting/advertising.

I recognize the title, so even I am hesitant to be a grump about it, but I don't want us to have double standards either.

But it looks like I may be the only one who was concerned about it.

That reminds me. I should bump this game up a couple of notches on the ol' too play list.

*unfurls mile long list*

Now then... do I move it above Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles? Or just below Tales of Xilia?

flesk: Hah, awesome to hear it's working! Thanks for all your support, flesk. You rock.

Fhqwhgads: Then all I can do is say thanks for helping us fund the development of the second chapter of The Journey Down! :D

AnAnemoneInAnonymity: This isn't borderline. This is pure shameless advertising, by a real fanboy and no less!

Thanks for the offer! This looks interesting. Nice to see Linux support.

I don't need a key, I'll buy it when it pops off my backlog. :)

Update, thanks to lots of people retweeting (tim! etc!) I've handed out tons o keys allready. Alas I've run into a problem:

"You have surpassed the Private Message sending limit for a 24 hour period." So, instead I think I'll just start posting them here. Heck no I'm gonna wait 24 hours before I can keep this spree going. You guys who PM'd me and didn't get keys yet - this is why. Make your voice heard here and I'll start tossing keys around!

Tinche: Thanks, man! :D

Here are five keys to begin with. please let me know when they're all taken, so I can add new ones. Thanks!

3Y0EW-G4M4M-T6PNF

Y3J9K-22YCA-A287G

T9HEC-RGYRE-C023Q

WJPB3-WVEWE-RLK99

EI3XP-4QGVZ-Q73GQ

@thewaern

Oh, sorry, man. I missed flesk's post where it shows that Tim told you to go ahead and do it. If you got Tim's thumbs up then it's totally cool.

(We've just had a lot of people come here spamming their stuff and spamming up the forum in the past is all.)

Welcome to DFAF and have a great key dumping party. Can you fill a whole bucket up with steam keys and dump it on my face?

Thanks for reporting this. :)

9PHGZ-6VYL3-6VHDZ

WYZFA-LRCPY-AWNNJ

GWRZG-GBX85-6HH09

EWNWI-PMBHY-BLA4D

26XRH-ILQT0-QKKDE

AnAnemoneInAnonymity: No worries, man. Nobody likes spam.

Again, please drop a line here if all the keys are taken. Thanks!

That's not a bad thing, Semps! There are more! :D

ZMGD5-5P52F-IPFQ8

BT225-DJB8Y-8N7T4

XM2JN-JJ5LK-FEDE4

GZDR5-0Z04P-TR5VF

P9KY6-ZI7N6-BEL3F

Hi there!

By trying the codes that were already taken I've reached Steam's activation limit, and it lasts at least 45 minutes. Will you still have keys to give tomorrow?

Gotta be a lotta lurkers here. Thanks for letting me know, Semps!

2NMB5-M8CWT-HN8TW

YQWNL-ARKEN-XJ6FQ

J7N7L-24DT5-CKFMN

K2CTD-GP0RR-CCIT8

FFF3T-HLJ5L-LVQ2K

F5 parties are the best parties, aren't they? :D

4RQ92-GAAZF-RZRKH

NIJBN-LVZ0G-E23K3

5N5R3-AKCEW-LLMQI

Z6XLF-FVW4M-H6G28

FLDY7-M0P40-FXENL

I'll just toss some more in there: