Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theowaern

The Journey Down (giveaway is over, sorry!)

Yeah, that last batch seems to be gone too (and just for the record, Steam lets you about 10 attempts before locking you out).

Too bad, because the game looks neat :(

Thanks Emily and Durandana!

BHZFJ!6CF40!EMRFT

4LR2R!HHJK0!3A4W5

P46ZI!IJPVI!2YJP9

GA8NC!EXTZZ!RLLB5

76HD6!WDE6E!T95E7

FPFK7!QG38D!EC943

ED3VP!CPTV2!K4KDC

Z74XD!K6ZHN!HK2YM

5HBI6!TN5B6!ZGGK4

WEYCT!94T7Q!R9II4

Replace the ! with a - And let me know when they're taken, either here, Om or via twitter @theowaern!

More keys!

T7TLG!ENR3Z!KMKPC

GQXEY!7B40Y!2HH8F

H69G9!8F4B0!EXHJK

H88DQ!LP2M3!TD87X

ZZWWQ!HTTYA!W5R52

PXKW2!DB0TB!NFIMN

Z80MD!306V7!FD565

JYT73!Q4CR7!4PD5N

G6HMG!R5Z32!QAXLG

TTJEN!3HRPP!DJI20

Replace the ! with - and please PM or tweet me @theowaern when they're all taken. Thanks!

(If you wanna be sure to get a key, tweet me and I can PM you one there)

People are tweeting me telling me they're all used again so I'm gonna have to take their word for it, I have no way of knowing. Here are some fresh ones!

6XGC5!DVXQW!QB8TA

33RB2!LIWFK!DEN8A

7AC2N!9C4EZ!0HTV2

40FZV!L8YW3!NZEEP

NEXW2!B8G7H!ACYV5

XQI8D!ZW3D8!435NR

9F75A!FX4L6!8V6TL

PJ3ZW!38LWD!62HQ9

99ALZ!NKJ9M!5DB0X

JJLIJ!ZGEDB!HMYVN

Replace the ! with - and please PM or tweet me @theowaern when they’re all taken. Thanks!

(If you wanna be sure to get a key, tweet me and I can PM you one there)

Thanks for the heads up!

BXK48!IIG0K!W8PEA

4FAI7!6735P!0BMAM

ITB7D!5PB9D!FTP8R

Y30K2!KN2JG!03G96

2ZLA2!D5VCL!GGGR7

LV6RX!72RV2!V27NK

GBA3Y!KP9BH!TLAL5

CDRND!JRPTV!GDRHG

JHV7L!0YBHZ!5AV6X

J3GJX!HMJIY!AW8F9

Ok the "contact me on twitter and get a steam key" thing has clearly derailed somewhat. I'm being flooded by dodgy looking spam accounts that appear to be harvesting free steam keys. From now on I'll only reply to steam accounts that are clearly "real people".

Also, in order for me to DM you you need to follow me. Feel free to unfollow aferwards!

ok I'm gonna have to take a break. No more giveaway right now, ok. Maybe later. I can't keep up and I need to cook dinnner. :D

Hey

I just wanna say that before Broken Age came out, TJD1 was one of the only modern adventure games that I really enjoyed. The Journey Down 2 is even better, so keep it up :)

Thanks SimonCle! Means a lot. :D

Man, I come back from dinner and have 130 new notifications on twitter about this giveaway.

I repeat, this giveaway is over now. Thanks everyone! I'll gladly do it again some time. But not now. :)

Fun fact: Since this giveaway started, roughly 350 TJD1 promo keys have been activated on steam. So it was quite the drive!

Huge Thanks again for this opportunity. :)

Ok, I've played it for a couple hours and I must say that I'm really enjoying it. The setting and atmosphere is top notch, the music is pretty chill, the characters are cute and likable, there are silly puzzles but they're not outrageous, the story sounds intriguing so far… Also, I liked a lot the intro with the camera panning down on the city while the credits appear, it felt very cinematic.

I hope the rest of the chapters are as good as this one, because it's pretty rad.

Ok, I've played it for a couple hours and I must say that I'm really enjoying it. The setting and atmosphere is top notch, the music is pretty chill, the characters are cute and likable, there are silly puzzles but they're not outrageous, the story sounds intriguing so far… Also, I liked a lot the intro with the camera panning down on the city while the credits appear, it felt very cinematic.

I hope the rest of the chapters are as good as this one, because it's pretty rad.

Believe it or not, the second chapter actually blows the first out of the water in every respect (the puzzles, the story, the length, and even the art is improved so much upon the original). I really liked the first chapter, but I absolutely loved the second. It's definitely among my favorite few adventure game released since the 90's classics. If chapter three is as good as the second, I dare to say that collectively The Journey Down might even be my favorite post-90's adventure game. It's that good.

Good to know, Jenni. I got the first chapter a few weeks (or more? don't remember) when it was on sale for US $0.69. I have yet to play more than a few minutes of it (trying to find time soon). Will look forward to the 2nd chapter soon.

I really liked the first chapter, but I absolutely loved the second. It's definitely among my favorite few adventure game released since the 90's classics. If chapter three is as good as the second, I dare to say that collectively The Journey Down might even be my favorite post-90's adventure game. It's that good.

Thanks Jenni and all you other lovely folks who have been giving the game compliments. I love you. :)

If you're into gaming on iPad I recommend checking it out there, it's getting some pretty darn good press.

Getting to share this with all of you wonderful adventure-lovers here on the DF forums is pretty amazing. :)

Oh and I'd like to remind you guys that a) the giveaway is over and b) I can't reply to PM's due to a limit in the forums rules, so there are a bunch of you I still haven't sent steam keys to, but I will as soon as I can!.

Thanks everyone!

Just an update to say that my inbox still has tons of key requests in it and that I'm knocking them down daily, but I keep hitting the daily limit of how many PMs I get to send. At this rate, everyone who asked me for a key via PM should have one within three days or so. Sorry for the delay, I didn't really anticipate this obstacle, heh.

Also, if you missed the giveaway, TJD1 is now part of the current indiegala, so there's still a chance to get it dirt cheap, along with some other freaky games too!

Thanks! :)

OK, I've finally sent keys to everyone who requested them. :)

In case you missed me spamming out TJD1 steam keys but are still interested in trying out the game (but hate paying for stuff) the first game in the three-part series is free today on iOS. :)

Check it out here.

Thanks, all. :)

Sign in to follow this