Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

I'm gonna play Wakfu

It's the new F2PMMORPG from the creators of DOFUS. It's on Steam. It's free. It's a little bit kawai.

I'm downloading it now and will probably start playing with it tomorrow.

Just FYI in case anyone was checking it out and might wanna come along. Probably not, but just in case!

I've been playing for a handful of hours, and I really love how it looks and the idea of how the mechanics work... but hooboy, I have no idea what I'm doing. It has been quite a few years since a game really through me for a loop, and the more I read about it the more I realize that my expectations for what the core of it is were completely wrong. Also had kind of hoped it would be solo-friendly, which apparently later it isn't (even if you multi-account it). I may still keep playing, but I'm not a fan of PVP or guilds (or MMOs in general these days) so eventually I'll have to quit. Still, might be plenty enjoyable until then.

I've been playing for a handful of hours, and I really love how it looks and the idea of how the mechanics work... but hooboy, I have no idea what I'm doing. It has been quite a few years since a game really through me for a loop, and the more I read about it the more I realize that my expectations for what the core of it is were completely wrong. Also had kind of hoped it would be solo-friendly, which apparently later it isn't (even if you multi-account it). I may still keep playing, but I'm not a fan of PVP or guilds (or MMOs in general these days) so eventually I'll have to quit. Still, might be plenty enjoyable until then.

I played a little bit of Dofus, so I have a fairly rough idea of what to expect. I generally don't care much for 1-on-1 pvp, but I have liked team-based PvP in some mmorpgs I've played.

I love guilds and co-op, though, hence this thread, just in case. ^_^

That was sort of what made me stop playing Dofus eventually.

Loved the tactics. Hate the usual, "Yet another NPC who wants me to collect 30 boar testicles" or whatever. It's always the same damn thing with these MMOs. Collect me X number of something. Again. Again. Again.

But it does have tactics, though.

I know, and it's not even anime technically! I guess it's a French IP. Which is odd but interesting.

I'm not gonna watch it, though. I don't watch a lot of things.

But I do play things.

Can't play this weekend, though. I'm going camping. Speaking of which....

*repels out a window*

It's an attempt at preventing stuff like "Aaaaaaaappfpg" and just generally jibberish names common among those that hate pronunciation. Essentially an effort at making it RP-friendly even for those that don't RP, in order to benefit those that *do* RP. It's like how some games require a first and last name, no numbers/symbols/etc. Of course it's not a perfect system, but it does make the overall experience nicer when you don't see completely random nonsense all over the place.