Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jasondesante

lets talk about moderators

We have people posting from all over the world, so naturally some of them aren't going to use perfect English. This is no excuse to insult them (or to agree with someone else insulting them). Please don't do so again.

Of course not, I apologise. Capital letters in certain places are still a common grammar rule in most countries though and not using them is laziness which I can think about negatively.

I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but Swedish don't use capital letters in many places where English does, so everytime I write in English I have to pay extra attention. Examples: http://blogs.transparent.com/swedish/use-of-capital-letters/

If you're talking about very basic grammar as capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, then I'm all with you. That's common sense in most of the western world (and maybe other places too, but not knowable enough in russian, arabic or asian languages to know).

Probably talking about how German capitalises nouns, or how English capitalises nationality, weekdays, months, first person singular pronoun, or how most languages capitalise proper nouns...

One word in Swedish that always baffle me with it's capitalisation is Internet, since I don't think of it as a name and always write internet.

We have people posting from all over the world, so naturally some of them aren't going to use perfect English. This is no excuse to insult them (or to agree with someone else insulting them). Please don't do so again.

Of course not, I apologise. Capital letters in certain places are still a common grammar rule in most countries though and not using them is laziness which I can think about negatively.

I don't know exactly what you're referring to, but Swedish don't use capital letters in many places where English does, so everytime I write in English I have to pay extra attention. Examples: http://blogs.transparent.com/swedish/use-of-capital-letters/

If you're talking about very basic grammar as capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, then I'm all with you. That's common sense in most of the western world (and maybe other places too, but not knowable enough in russian, arabic or asian languages to know).

I was refering to the beginning of the sentences... mostly... because if you look at the beginning of his post, you can see he uses the capital letters there for that, but he seems to get too lazy to use them any further in the middle of the post.

I also know that Swedish might have a different language build... or other languages... That's why I said "most" common languages (...in Europe that have their roots within the Roman language). Sweden could be an example of the opposite rule management, but it also was never really reached by the Roman culture and language development, since Germania was in the way of the Romans ;D

Sign in to follow this