Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowBroker

@Developers: Will we get another statement for this?....

...and if we get one when will it be published? Since there are so much unanswered questions, weird communication with the backers in the past and you seem to ignore the Spacebase-posts, even though when I see you are online on the forum side and still posting on other game forums. Please give at least your moderators some instructions on how to respond to most answers, please...

We will be saying more later today. We've been quiet to discuss the questions we've read on here and other places, and because we're on the west coast and I for one just woke up.

We will be saying more later today. We've been quiet to discuss the questions we've read on here and other places, and because we're on the west coast and I for one just woke up.

you'll probably need to address the question of refunds for Early Access buyers on Steam.

you'll probably need to address the question of refunds for Early Access buyers on Steam.

That's probably a good idea. I would like to get access to Massive Chalice or the first part of Broken Age for example ^^

I doubt there will be any refunds.

I am not talking about refunds, but about giving us steam keys to a DF-game that gives us a more complete experience than Spacebase like Massive Chalice, Grim Fandango or Broken Age. I don't want any money and I don't think there would be any for refunds, so I am not asking for that ;D

A free copy of a DF game would probably be a good way to patch things over, actually. It'd communicate that DF is willing to make things right and restore at least my faith. I wouldn't be as wary about supporting DF projects if I believed I'd at least get a copy of a good game anyways if the project ended up tanking.

A free copy of a DF game would probably be a good way to patch things over, actually. It'd communicate that DF is willing to make things right and restore at least my faith. I wouldn't be as wary about supporting DF projects if I believed I'd at least get a copy of a good game anyways if the project ended up tanking.

i dont want another half finished game as free from them, if they really want to earn trust of the people disappointed , i want them to release broken age , massive chalice and 1.0 of spacebase on a proper schedule and with the features that will make them look like proper finished games. Not something thrown out because people did not throw enough money at .

i dont want another half finished game as free from them, if they really want to earn trust of the people disappointed , i want them to release broken age , massive chalice and 1.0 of spacebase on a proper schedule and with the features that will make them look like proper finished games. Not something thrown out because people did not throw enough money at .

I wouldn't either, but DF has released full games in the past, they've got a small library of games available. Considering no one right now is thinking, "Gee, I sure am peeved about that game I paid money for not getting finished, I better buy a Double Fine game to work out all my stress!" it's probably a cost-effective way to earn back some of the lost trust. Getting a complimentary copy of Grim Fandango or Psychonauts (or any of the unfinished games if someone wants to choose that instead) sends the message that even if a project tanks, you're at least going to get one good game for your money.

So was there an follow up to this or was it an empty promise?

There was a follow up, and it's here.

That wasn't a followup, all you did was link the original statement. Check the times.

Will Tom Schaefer answer some more questions on the threads on this forum or is the thread dead?

After a full week of silence they've probably abandoned ship and left the mess to the "forum mods".

That wasn't a followup, all you did was link the original statement. Check the times.

I'm pretty sure it's what DF Justin was referring to. Tim Schafer's original statement came about 8 hours later:

Hi everybody. I want to apologize for the delayed response from me on recent announcement of Spacebase v1.0.

Sign in to follow this