Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thesinfuldwarf

Will Activision ever give it up??

Yeah I just saw this. Talk about jealous. I think they saw the presence Brutal Legend is commanding at E3 and realize they were a bunch of idiots for dropping that game. I wonder if they'd have done the same to ghostbusters had they also had as strong a showing as Brutal Legend has had. I'm very confident that EA will allow Brutal Legend to be released in "Rocktober" while embarrassing the snot out of activision.

I'm probably never going to buy another Activision game after this. It's just insane to not offer enough funding for a game, abandon it, and then sue it's developers when it gets a new publisher and mainstream attention. I probably wouldn"t care if Double Fine wasn"t my favorite company, and they dropped it in favor of good games instead of Modern Warfare 2 among others. Anyway, this is bullshit and I don't want Activision to win any trial of this sort.

Wow.

Just... wow.

"HEY GUYS WE'LL PUBLISH YOUR GAME YEP HURR

NO WAIT WE DON'T WANT IT ANY MORE WE'LL JUST DO GUITAR HERO AGAIN KTHX

NO WAIT YOUR GAME DID WELL AT E3 WE WANT IT BACK WE'RE GONNA SUE YOU FOR IT"

The weird thing is, sueing someone like this is the sort of thing that EA games would do, but Activision is suing EA.

So is Activision turning into the new EA?

Ugh, I've hated Activision since they Harmonix left and they took over Guitar Hero. This pretty much cinches it, I will no longer be purchasing Activision's games.

The weird thing is, sueing someone like this is the sort of thing that EA games would do, but Activision is suing EA.

So is Activision turning into the new EA?

Well after Activision took over the market EA took a new and friendlier approach. They now are very helpful to small developers, and really support creativity. I love seeing them change for the better. On the the other hand, Activision becomes worse each year.

I'm planning on sending them an email that isn't just yelling at them, but instead telling them respectfully to look at the facts and reasonably drop the law suit.

EA seems to be improving a little bit but I get the impression that them Publishing Brutal Legend will have one of these outcomes:

The game doesn't sell well: They fire 300 people for some reason

THe game does sell well: The flood the market with heaps of awefull sequels to Brutal Legend

"HEY GUYS WE'LL PUBLISH YOUR GAME YEP HURR

NO WAIT WE DON'T WANT IT ANY MORE WE'LL JUST DO GUITAR HERO AGAIN KTHX

NO WAIT YOUR GAME DID WELL AT E3 WE WANT IT BACK WE'RE GONNA SUE YOU FOR IT"

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

Yeah this is just stupid. God dang Activision just leave out lovely Brütal Legend alone you missed out and this is the consequence

"Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyoncé is going to sue me too."

tim schafer is officially my idol. I mean, he was my hero before, but now I am going to start some kind of cult dedicated to him. This is the best retort to a lawsuit in the history of ever.

I love how Activision is acting like Double Fine is being terrible by going with EA. Last year their CEO said he dropped this game and others because "They don't have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential". Just a note, I found this quote in the February edition of OXM.

"Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyoncé is going to sue me too."

tim schafer is officially my idol. I mean, he was my hero before, but now I am going to start some kind of cult dedicated to him. This is the best retort to a lawsuit in the history of ever.

Most of us worship his beard.

I think that he probably wouldn't have said that if he wasn't comfortable with things regarding this.

Seems like a frivolous, and petty, sounding suit. I'm not too worried though.. because we have Tim Schafer's Beard Of Authority™ on our side!!

"What's the use of worrying about your beard when your head's about to be taken?"

But there's nothing to fear here. Activision's suing for loss of profits when they dropped the game in the first place.

Everyone knows this lawsuit is BS. If you leave something awesome by the side of the road, don't be suprised when someone else takes it home Activision. Also, does anyone else get the urge to kill when they see a picture of Bobby Kotick doing anything? That guy just oozes douchebagginess.

I'm not going to stop buying Activision games, but I will buy them used. That way they don't get my money. EAT IT BOBBY!!! : }

In my mind, there's only one way this can be resolved.

The entire Double Fine crew rolls up to Activision HQ, and casually walk into the foyer. The receptionist is all like, "Can I help you?" and Tim will be all like, "Yeah, we're here to kick the ass of the entire board of Activison." The receptionist believes him (because of his cool beard and the hard look in his eye.) and calls security. Tim sighs and goes "OK everyone, you guys deal with this." and everyone else starts beating the crap out of the security guards with mad martial arts. Tasha would be doing Praying Mantis style kung fu, Raz would be doing Krav Maga (which is basically Hebrew for "beat the other person until they stop thinking conscious thoughts.") and all sorts of crazy awesome stuff going down. Tim would be casually walking through the carnage, but no one will stop him because they figured if they were going to be beaten into a pulp, it would hurt more if it was by the guy with the awesome beard. Eventually, Tim would arrive at the board room, kick the door down and face down the idiots suing his company. They would have hired an army of mercenaries to protect them, but Tim wouldn't care. He would say, " You can sue a man for running you over. You can sue a company for screwing you over. But suing Double Fine? DO THAT, AND YOUR LIFE IS OVER!" and then he would unleash a wave of pure awesome from his body that would destroy the mercenaries' weapons and disintergrate the entire board of Activision.

After the fight they would casually walk out to see crowds of screaming people. They would pull instruments out of nowhere, Monkey Island style and do the best rock concert ever.

Everyone knows this lawsuit is BS. If you leave something awesome by the side of the road, don't be suprised when someone else takes it home Activision. Also, does anyone else get the urge to kill when they see a picture of Bobby Kotick doing anything? That guy just oozes douchebagginess.

I'm not going to stop buying Activision games, but I will buy them used. That way they don't get my money. EAT IT BOBBY!!! : }

ha awesome idea.

i usually buy my games off of amazon anyway.

so i dont have to feel guilty about buying guitar hero: smash hits.

or modern warfare 2.

In related news:

Activision announces Lawyer Hero for release in Winter 2009!!

That will be followed by Lawyer Hero 2. Then they will switch developers and make Lawyer Hero 3: Legends of Litigation.

Unlockable Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, and Judge Harold T. Stone characters when you preorder at GameStop.

Bonus Jack Thompson bobble head with every purchase!

But don't forget Lawyer Hero: Johnny Cochrane and Lawyer Hero: Celebrity Trials!! With exclusive pre-order OJ glove!!!

But don't forget Lawyer Hero: Johnny Cochrane and Lawyer Hero: Celebrity Trials!! With exclusive pre-order OJ glove!!!
Perfect for the Nintendo DS of course.

Sign in to follow this