Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thesinfuldwarf

Will Activision ever give it up??

What Activision are doing is simply disgusting, now that they realized Brutal Legend has a chance to be successful, they suddenly recalled the existence of it.

Besides, I think the chances of the PC version being released (there is a chance, right? Please tell me there is a chance!) are much higher with EA publishing the game.

heard of DJ hero lately?

the stupidest idea i have ever heard of.

I thought it was stupid also, but the gameplay actually looks pretty good for a rhythm game. I don't find that type of game enjoyable, though I'm sure someone who does will love the game.

Someone needs to make a video with the song "Am I Evil?" (as heard in one of the trailers) with nothing but the Activision logo showing

And then they'd be like "Wow. That's really brilliant and true. We're sorry you handsome Schafer, you. Here's $50,000,000, why don't you make an awesome Psychonauts sequel to see out that awesome cliffhanger"

And then everybody will prance and be happy, and I will rule the land of awesome at Tim Schafer's side. Though we won't be married. We'll be like uber-friends.

Sounds good, but when does Bobby Kotick get punched in the face? Honestly, that guy could negotiate a Middle East peace treaty and still find a way to look like the biggest douchebag ever. I WANTS TO HIT!!

Someone needs to make a video with the song "Am I Evil?" (as heard in one of the trailers) with nothing but the Activision logo showing

And then they'd be like "Wow. That's an awesome idea. We're sorry you handsome Schafer, you. Here's $50,000,000, why don't you make an awesome Psychonauts sequel to see out that awesome cliffhanger"

And then everybody will prance and be happy, and I will rule the land of awesome at Tim Schafer's side. Though we won't be married. We'll be like uber-friends.

heh ive got a good idea for a video. ill post the link once its uploaded and every thing

ok nvm i might get into some legal trouble for what i want to do..

Wow. wow. I just heard. What the heck? I mean really, this is the most jerk move you could do. It's just downright spiteful. Activison is being downright evil here. Obvisously they saw how well BL seems to have been doing at E3, and gotten angry about the whole mess. The timing is just too convient for anything else.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like they most likely won't be able to stop the release of the game at this point. But they could delay it, or just mess with any profits made. Very lame. And hopeully EA won't be turned off to any future work with them as a result.

If any good things come of this, at least the game may get more publicity from it all. Which might turn out to be a good thing. Still, DF can't seem to catch a break. Let's hope thigns work out for the best with them.

OH SNAP.

zeeman645 took my "Lawyer Hero" to the next level.. Lol.

haha yep. i was bored and decided to do something. i find it humerous.

Children of Metal hear me! We have put up with Activision's meddling and cock blocking for far too long! They do not want to produce this gift from the Metal Gods themselves, they only wish to lock it away and keep its greatness from us! We must act! The release of this game is the will of the Metal Gods; pray to them that they might smite the oppressors of Awesome! If the Gods request it, we shall be their Holy Warriors and strike at the heart of the Evil Corporation! Quake in fear oh Activision; for our assault will be vicious, and our victory BRUTAL!

The thing is EA had it coming, its just a shame Double Fine got caught up in the middle. Sure my opinions about EA are starting to change seem there publishing Brutal Legend (gasp its not A Sequel, A Sports Game, A Movie Game or a FPS!) But I'm sure next inssue in Hyper in the news section EA will probably be trying to take over another small company.

I feel sorry for Tim.

He always seems so happy, and he never seems to be totally serious for more than about 5 seconds (in a good way).

I can't imagine him testifying in court and doing all of this bogus stuff.

The thing is EA had it coming, its just a shame Double Fine got caught up in the middle. Sure my opinions about EA are starting to change seem there publishing Brutal Legend (gasp its not A Sequel, A Sports Game, A Movie Game or a FPS!) But I'm sure next inssue in Hyper in the news section EA will probably be trying to take over another small company.

Mergers and buy-outs aren't a evil practice dinnerordie its just business.

EA has already shown they are able to create good inhouse games; such as Dead Space. But everybody's intitled to their own opinion.

Frankly im just gratefull for their support towards Brütal Legend, their aggressive advertising during E3 will undoubtly benefit DF when it comes to sales(fingers crossed).

I'm curious as to how all this will play out.

Anyone want to start taking bets on the outcome?

Brütal Legend will be published Rocktober 13th, don't worry. The controversy surrounding the lawsuit, might actually make it reach a broader audience.

And when it comes to EA and Activision, EA stands as the financially stronger opponent.

LOL This will be the outcome

Activision: GIVE US BACK BRUTAL LEGEND SO THAT WE CAN NOT PUBLISH IT!!!!

EA: IF YOU DON'T STOP SUEING US WE WILL DIGEST YOUR COMPANY INTO OUT INCREASINGLY LARGE FOLIO!!!

Activision: AGHH! Leave me alone I'm going to go whimper now

Two things can come out of this. A court settlement or a rumble at the Double Fine parking lot (chains and knives are recommended). I'm voting on the latter.

This is how the fight will end

EA: Where losing the battle Tim, Activision has all thsoe guitar hero games which there using as missiles to fire at us, plus they have north korea on there side.

Tim Schaefer: Okay, bring me a copy of Psychonauts

Tim gets a copy of Psychonauts delivered to him he opens the cover and holds it to the sun, suddnely the sun reflects from it and a giantic rainbow explosion happens and Activision gets leveled and all that remains where the company used to be is a magical land of ponys.

EA: Wow, how did that happen

Tim: Well its the best game ever made, didn't you think it would have some sort of magical power incassed into its disc.

So remember kids, if your under attack from a communist army/ evil company, grab your copy of psychonuats and hold it up into the sky!!!

Oh crap, I only have it on Steam, I DON'T HAVE A DISC!! If Activision ever comes after me I'll be defenceless

ill use my bear mace. ill give everyone 1 can a piece.

and me and Tim get 4 cans and we bum rush them with our copy of psychonauts and bear mace. then we save the day. then i get the first ever copy of brutal legend. then me and Tim grab a beer, and we are best friends for ever.

Sign in to follow this