Sign in to follow this  
DF Anthony

MASSIVE CHALICE Update #52 - Release Date Info!

Hey MASSIVE CHALICE backers!

A lot of you have been asking when you’re going to be able to play the final version of MASSIVE CHALICE now that September has come and gone. It’s going to take some more time to get you the highest quality game possible, but it’s already in a fun, playable state! We want to get it in your hands as soon as we can!

If you backed at the $50 tier (or higher!) to get in on MASSIVE CHALICE early, you’ll get access to the PC version of the game via Steam on Tuesday, October 21st! We’re referring to this build as the PREMIUM BACKER BETA!

We’re looking forward to gathering a ton of feedback from you. We'll set up a bug thread here on the forums when we send out codes! We’re super excited to see what you guys think of the game! :D!

Thanks!

Anthony

Will humble email us with the link or should we do the "claim keys" thingy they have?

@Vectorferret - we're hammering out the details with Humble right now! We'll let you know which method it's going to be. :D!

Looking forward to this. Can't wait to see what the community's reactions are and get my hands on Linux builds when they're available :D

As much as I would love to get my hands on things, I might only do one playthrough...if that. Otherwise, I'll burn myself too early, and I want to savor the game in massive uber goodness. Plus I'm still playing some other games right now. But look forward to it!

Smiles

So, like I asked with broken age when the game came out for backers, when can I release a LP of this game? I'm pretty sure DF is cool with LP's as far as I remember but with broken age there was a review embargo that I had to wait for. I assume with this game there will also. BTW if anyone wants to know I backed the bloodline tier just so I could LP the game to find my bloodline.

Yep, feel free to go ahead and stream! And the process for redemption should be similar to Broken Age for those who did that. Humble will email a link to your download page on the 21st which will house a Steam code. That will be the home for future things like the DRM free builds and the soundtrack, and can be redeemed to a Humble account for easy access.

I've been following the teamstream's, and i found out about the release date, and it is sooner then i thought.

I was wondering if you could donate more, to possibly get into the next tier. Say, i paid the Slacker Backer Tier of $20, but if i donated more, would i be able to get myself into the early release date time?

If not, i will be looking forward to the game, it looks really good.

I've been following the teamstream's, and i found out about the release date, and it is sooner then i thought.

I was wondering if you could donate more, to possibly get into the next tier. Say, i paid the Slacker Backer Tier of $20, but if i donated more, would i be able to get myself into the early release date time?

If not, i will be looking forward to the game, it looks really good.

even if this is possible (and im all for donating more money to that awesome teeam :P ) be aware that this is basically the early release of an unfinished game.

The game looks awesome atm better than most finished games on release already but dont forget that you will most likely encounter at least small hiccups, imbalanced situations and missing polish.

and while this is something i really like ( i like to test stuff and help make it a better game) you should know what you are doing with this.

also no offence meant dear DF team if i state things that are not true feel free to corect me if i stated anything wrong. :)

Thanks, Vanilla Starbucks!

We’re no longer taking upgrades to the $50 tier. We want to honor the people that backed the project at this tier or above and make good on our promise. The PREMIUM BACKER BETA is exclusively for those people!

We’ll get the game to you guys as soon as we can, and it will be in a more polished state!

Soon my friends... sooooooon... *cough* *hack* *wheeze*

the voice of Yogurt from Spaceballs>

Thanks for supporting us, guys! All the positivity is great too!

Thanks, team! Looking forward to seeing the end result! =]

Gadzooks! This is the same day that Dreamfall Chapters is being released. My only concern now is being sucked into one of the two and not playing the other that day.

I feel a little silly asking, but what kind of file size are we looking at for the backer beta? Trying to calibrate expectations to avoid the "ALRIGHT BETA'S OUT! Whoa wait, gotta download all 60 GB of it first." factor.

Thanks, Vanilla Starbucks!

We’re no longer taking upgrades to the $50 tier. We want to honor the people that backed the project at this tier or above and make good on our promise. The PREMIUM BACKER BETA is exclusively for those people!

We’ll get the game to you guys as soon as we can, and it will be in a more polished state!

Soon my friends... sooooooon... *cough* *hack* *wheeze*

the voice of Yogurt from Spaceballs>

Thanks for supporting us, guys! All the positivity is great too!

You might consider removing the "Need to increase your pledge?" language from the Slacker Backer page as that is pretty much no longer possible. I searched around to see if I could upgrade, didn't see this post, and paypal'd in my money without knowing that upgrading was closed. Note, I've already had a conversation wtih support and I'm not requesting a refund or anything, just recommending a change to help clarify things as news of the Backer Beta gets out.

I feel a little silly asking, but what kind of file size are we looking at for the backer beta? Trying to calibrate expectations to avoid the "ALRIGHT BETA'S OUT! Whoa wait, gotta download all 60 GB of it first." factor.

Hey Selke I just deleted MASSIVE CHALICE from my computer so I could check out the warning Steam lays on me when I try to install the game. Right now Steam is telling me I need 969 MEGABYTES free to install MASSIVE CHALICE! This number may grow in the next few days as we integrate new and more awesome data, but I think we'll still fall far short of 60 GIGABYTES! My typical download for MC takes only a few minutes at most before I'm hacking away!

Love,

DF Dan

You might consider removing the “Need to increase your pledge?” language from the Slacker Backer page as that is pretty much no longer possible.

Thanks, Dewar! I'll make the change ASAP! Good catch!

Woo, I spotted my Kickstarter reward page appear on Humble. No Steam key yet - I assume they'll show up on the 21st?

Can't wait to check out the game \o/

Ok MASSIVE CHALICE has to be at least a gig, right? I mean... 900 megs doesn't feel very MASSIVE in the year 2014... :D

Ok MASSIVE CHALICE has to be at least a gig, right? I mean... 900 megs doesn't feel very MASSIVE in the year 2014... :D

Just fill the remaining space with more Wunderpants.

Smiles