Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rider

"Brig Ambitions, Broken Dreams" title

Kind of Ironic that Alpha 6's title was, "Brig Ambitions, Broken Dreams" now knowing the bombshell that came after Alpha 6's release. I wonder if someone was trying to tell us something?

This forum is dead, because the developers left it. The only answers you will get here will probably be from the moderators.

Maybe there will be more activity when the 1.0 version will be released.

Kind of Ironic that Alpha 6's title was, "Brig Ambitions, Broken Dreams" now knowing the bombshell that came after Alpha 6's release. I wonder if someone was trying to tell us something?

In retrospect, it does seem especially apt.

This forum is dead, because the developers left it.

Maybe that's because they are working on the game...

Just a guess though.

Not really a good guess :/

Just a guess though.

Not even including the developers, this forum is dead. Players aren't posting and there's zero traffic here. I get the feeling everyone has given up hope and moved on to something else. Kinda sad considering the potential that was here for a good game and good community.

That's what happens when the devs pull a stunt like this. What did anyone -expect- was going to happen? Cookies and party poppers?

The steam forums are -still- burning like the towering inferno, as an FYI. It's like chernobyl over there, and it's not getting any less radioactive. It's even started to spread out to other games that DoubleFine are tangentially involved in (like Gang Beasts).

If DF-9 is really as dead as dead can be, fine. I bought in at full whack during the early stages of EA, I'll take a key for Massive Chalice when it hits (that's as negotiable as I'd be prepared to be, I own the bulk of doublefine's catalog, my steam library sits at over 1,800 games and rising, so if it's all the same to me I can afford to go to Valve and get shouty, I'm worth more to them than the headache of one refund). At least that way I get -a- working game of equivalent value for what I paid out. A lot of other people probably won't settle for anything less than a refund.

Under the circumstances DoubleFine don't just need to do damage control, they need to spread some serious love and happiness around, even if it costs them some money (copies of grim fandango and psychonauts ain't gonna cut it, if you want to quell the flames from DF-9, you need to be prepared to offer a lot of people something more substantial from the catalog, a flat 75% or 90% off voucher for any game either released or -yet to be released- would probably do it, but that would incur a significant hit given the DF-9 purchasers).

Just a guess though.

Not even including the developers, this forum is dead. Players aren't posting and there's zero traffic here. I get the feeling everyone has given up hope and moved on to something else. Kinda sad considering the potential that was here for a good game and good community.

Maybe everyone else is over it? Just a thought.

Just a guess though.

Maybe everyone else is over it? Just a thought.

Go on Steam...

I don't know where you pull this shit from xD

Steam forum posters are much younger in general than those who post here, though, which might be the discrepency between the activity on these forums and over there. As you get older, you tend to not sweat the small stuff (when compared to everything else in the bigger picture of life), and tend to be more willing wait until something is fully released before passing judgement. Once 1.0 is released, that will likely be the true litmus test for much of the Double Fine Action Forum crowd.

Steam forum posters are much younger in general than those who post here, though, which might be the discrepency between the activity on these forums and over there. As you get older, you tend to not sweat the small stuff (when compared to everything else in the bigger picture of life), and tend to be more willing wait until something is fully released before passing judgement. Once 1.0 is released, that will likely be the true litmus test for much of the Double Fine Action Forum crowd.

lol, backhanded insults. Classy.

None intended, just implied? Please avoid stereotyping -entire forums- with your preconceived notions of their age and demographic based on the fact they're still fairly unhappy with how this is being handled whilst people on here are rather meekly just nodding and accepting it.

As said, classy. Really.

Whatever the underlying reason, Jenni is certainly correct about the discrepancy between here and the steam forums. I much prefer agreeing/arguing with you fine people. Even the "trolls" here seem to pretty much stay on point. I think the reason this thread died is that we've all pretty much said what we have to say until we get more information or 1.0, and people are mature enough not to keep raving just to get attention.

None intended, just implied? Please avoid stereotyping -entire forums- with your preconceived notions of their age and demographic based on the fact they're still fairly unhappy with how this is being handled whilst people on here are rather meekly just nodding and accepting it.
I really meant it when I said no offense was intended, as I didn't stereotype anyone, and just offered a hypothesis based on statistics and scientific studies. My comment simply had to do with the fact that whenever age questions come up over there a large amount of users reply in the teens to the early 20's, whereas when the question is brought up here the average age is a bit higher. There was no hidden meaning behind my statements, just analytical observation.

This reads, to me, like a rather unseemly display of faux offence.

Jenni's comment was so mild that it takes wilful misinterpretation to see it as an insult. All she said was that on average the Steam crowd is younger, and older folks tend to be mellower. To read some sort of insult into that is a huge stretch.

This reads, to me, like a rather unseemly display of faux offence.

Jenni's comment was so mild that it takes wilful misinterpretation to see it as an insult. All she said was that on average the Steam crowd is younger, and older folks tend to be mellower. To read some sort of insult into that is a huge stretch.

That's to split the post from the context. On it's own. Yes. Entirely harmless and factual. In context to events going on, it's what I would deem a sophisticated piece of troll bait. Just because you're playing the factual card doesn't always mean a post isn't attempting to portray, demean or stereotype another group in a negative light, either directly or through implication. It becomes far less of a stretch when you consider that this forum is effectively dead and silent about the mess that is Spacebase DF-9 and the Steam Forum well... I'll be kind and say... it's rather lively.

This forum is dead, because the developers left it. The only answers you will get here will probably be from the moderators.

Maybe there will be more activity when the 1.0 version will be released.

Anyone would thank that Tim and JP where spineless immoral toss pots that have our money and are now basically telling to shove a cactus up our collective posteriors

I understand that you are upset over the situation, but please bear in mind the forum's Guide to Decency and keep insults out of the conversation please.

I understand that you are upset over the situation, but please bear in mind the forum's Guide to Decency and keep insults out of the conversation please.

I side with Jenni on this. Don't attack the people, that's not productive. The only way we're going to see any form of closure and resolution is to divorce the people, including ourselves from the problem, and the situation, and examine this objectively, and try and figure out what's left, what can be learned, and what can be gained, both in knowledge and materially from this.

I've been one of the most aggressive investigators and one of the people who has pressed hardest for answers on this forum but I've always made it very clear that I'm interested in answers and solutions. I think we deserve those, I think the customers deserve those. My personal feelings towards those involved in the project are not favourable but I'm not going to make a song and dance about that, right now my sole concern is simply getting something approximating some closure and some resolution that makes sense from it all.

Sign in to follow this