• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Dylan

Release Date for Consoles: Tuesday, October 28th

I don't know if I missed it somewhere, seems like there's not date for the 360 release yet, or is it implied that it's due out on the 28th as well? (honestly I don't care too much about the exclusive costume)
Microsoft hasn't yet set a date for the Xbox versions. It won't be out on the 28th (Microsoft releases games on XBLA on different days than Sony does with PSN), but hopefully it will be around the same timeframe.

yeah cause there's not much time left, let's hope to learn something tomorrow and get the xbox version within the 30th max

I don't know if I missed it somewhere, seems like there's not date for the 360 release yet, or is it implied that it's due out on the 28th as well? (honestly I don't care too much about the exclusive costume)
Microsoft hasn't yet set a date for the Xbox versions. It won't be out on the 28th (Microsoft releases games on XBLA on different days than Sony does with PSN), but hopefully it will be around the same timeframe.

yeah cause there's not much time left, let's hope to learn something tomorrow and get the xbox version within the 30th max

I am stunned this game is releasing on the consoles only three days before Halloween. Maybe even 1/2 days before on the Xbox consoles (heck maybe after?). It's one thing for a game like Sunset Overdrive (it's not, just an example) being pushed back, but a game with a holiday themed gimmick? Crazy...

Time to account for a longer console certification process in future releases?

Anything official about an EU release? (specifically for PS4, but any news would be appreciated at this point)

Since there doesn't seem to be a CQ2 release today, I'm guessing that this years Trick or Treaters who have either an Xbox 360 or Xbox One will be getting a trick and not a treat.

I did purchase the Invasion of the Candy Snatchers book and my candy bag was empty when it arrived. Klem and I seem to be stuck without a vortex to the candy world. This is going to be a bad year for collecting candy on Halloween.

I did purchase the Invasion of the Candy Snatchers book and my candy bag was empty when it arrived. Klem and I seem to be stuck without a vortex to the candy world. This is going to be a bad year for collecting candy on Halloween.
Were the candy bags advertised as being filled with candy?

Were the candy bags advertised as being filled with candy?

There was a picture on the store front of the bag with candy spilling out of it. I didn't really expect double fine to send me a bag filling with candy along with the book. I was just hoping...

so no actual release from PSN yet?

Double Fine's official Twitter account just stated it was live on the PSN now.

confirmed, here's the link https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/costume-quest-2/cid=UP1012-NPUB31549_00-COSTUMEQUEST0000

let's see if the 360 one really comes out tomorrow, haven't seen any official word yet though

I have both the XB1 and the PS4 but I would rather play it on the XB1 due to the controller. I've waited this long, I might as well wait until tomorrow...

confirmed, here's the link https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/costume-quest-2/cid=UP1012-NPUB31549_00-COSTUMEQUEST0000

let's see if the 360 one really comes out tomorrow, haven't seen any official word yet though

I have both the XB1 and the PS4 but I would rather play it on the XB1 due to the controller. I've waited this long, I might as well wait until tomorrow...

I only have the 360 so I have no choice, another thing, I see there's no CQ2 yet on the european psn site, aren't games supposed to be region free now?

Dear Double Fine

There are people in Europe too. Please don't forget that we exist.

Lots of love,

742,500,000 People

Dear Double Fine

There are people in Europe too. Please don't forget that we exist.

Lots of love,

742,500,000 People

I'm in Europe too, and I've been one of the most active on this thread I guess, we also celebrate Halloween, don't you guys forget that Halloween has European roots :)

I only have the 360 so I have no choice, another thing, I see there's no CQ2 yet on the european psn site, aren't games supposed to be region free now?

The European PSN store releases their games on different days than the North American store, and they also have a different certification process as well so it's not tied in with the North American release at all unfortunately. Hopefully Sony Europe will be releasing the game soon (they release their games on Wednesdays and Fridays, so hopefully it will be coming some time this week, although I haven't heard any official news on release dates - but the console manufacturers have been known to set their dates at the last minute, so there's still a chance).

The European PSN store releases their games on different days than the North American store, and they also have a different certification process as well so it's not tied in with the North American release at all unfortunately. Hopefully Sony Europe will be releasing the game soon (they release their games on Wednesdays and Fridays, so hopefully it will be coming some time this week, although I haven't heard any official news on release dates - but the console manufacturers have been known to set their dates at the last minute, so there's still a chance).

looks like it's out in the european xbox live store, gonna get it now, finally!!!

What about the pre order costumes for the steam version, will they be available for consoles? I really want the pumpkin costume.

The Xbox 360 version is now available. Yeah! I guess that this year I will actually be getting a treat instead of a trick.

The Xbox 360 version is now available. Yeah! I guess that this year I will actually be getting a treat instead of a trick.

According to my online Xbox account I have purchased CQ2 for my XB1. Hopefully it's downloaded when I get home from work. The kids will be excited.

I was going to buy this on PS4, but I was quickly turned off by the lack of cross-buy. It's strange how such a simple feature can dictate a purchase prospect, but I would like to play it on my PS4, and my wife on her PS3. If I'm feeling forced to pay $30 for a game, it better not be digital only.

Any plans to fix this? I'd buy it in a heartbeat the moment Cross-Buy is confirmed/supported.

I'm really sorry, but frankly that's pathetic. CQ2 doesn't even show up on the EU playstation store. I've been looking forward to this game since I heard it was coming, but this is just ridiculous.

I'm really sorry, but frankly that's pathetic. CQ2 doesn't even show up on the EU playstation store. I've been looking forward to this game since I heard it was coming, but this is just ridiculous.

It is pretty annoying, I agree, but ultimately developers and digital publishers have little say on when the game will show up on consoles. The console manufacturers are in charge of release on their consoles and they have a pretty strict, old fashioned certification process that is a left over from the days when all games on consoles were sold at retail. So, they pretty much have a stranglehold over games that are released on their platforms. Unfortunately, it looks like Sony Europe is going to be releasing the game a bit late, according to this tweet by Double Fine.

It is pretty annoying, I agree, but ultimately developers and digital publishers have little say on when the game will show up on consoles. The console manufacturers are in charge of release on their consoles and they have a pretty strict, old fashioned certification process that is a left over from the days when all games on consoles were sold at retail. So, they pretty much have a stranglehold over games that are released on their platforms. Unfortunately, it looks like Sony Europe is going to be releasing the game a bit late, according to this tweet by Double Fine.

Guess I won't be buying then. Not the first time EU has been shafted by double fine, starting to get a sour taste

...ultimately developers and digital publishers have little say on when the game will show up on consoles. The console manufacturers are in charge of release on their consoles...
Not the first time EU has been shafted by double fine...

Hi, what?

...ultimately developers and digital publishers have little say on when the game will show up on consoles. The console manufacturers are in charge of release on their consoles...
Not the first time EU has been shafted by double fine...

Hi, what?

Hi Trenched Iron Brigade

I think maybe you are mistaking Double Fine running into issues with publishing overseas, issues that were totally out of their control, with them shafting you.

Yup, it's been in certification everywhere. DF have literally nothing to gain by releasing especially this game later in the EU. Unfortunately, particularly Sony are TERRIBLE and concurrent online releases. You'd think they'd have this mess figured out already.

Yup, it's been in certification everywhere. DF have literally nothing to gain by releasing especially this game later in the EU. Unfortunately, particularly Sony are TERRIBLE and concurrent online releases. You'd think they'd have this mess figured out already.

Of course Double Fine has nothing to gain by releasing this game after Halloween, but I question what caused them to cut it so close. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for future releases. Although, many games aren't tied so tightly to a particular holiday.

That said, loving CQ2 so far.