Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotlol

Quitting Takes a Crazy Long Time?

I'm super excited that CQ2 is out, and it looks lovely. It's faintly annoying that you can't skip the opening where the various company names are being shaken out of a pumpkin, but who really cares... What really should be fixed, though - and it's so wrong that I wonder if it's the result of a bug or something - is that to quit the game I apparently have to first quit to the main menu, which involves sitting through that damn pumpkin shaking again and watching all those portals drift past the screen. Am I doing something wrong, here? I mean, when you want to quit you want to quit, and making it take like two to three minutes for no reason just seems perverse.

Otherwise, though, hurrays all round, it's funny and beautiful and more of what we want. <3

You can normally skip dialog and cutscenes by mashing the Enter key.

Also, yes, quitting takes crazy long. With CQ1, when you selected "Main Menu", it took you directly to an actual menu, of which Quit was an option, whereas CQ2 has a Psychonauts-like menu where you move your character around to different options.

Well there are two alternatives. Alt+F4 if you're on Windows, or doing what nmalinoski said: skip the menu screens. I use a controller, so I can't speak to what buttons it would be on the keyboard, but you can exit very fast if just skip the various cinematic stuff on the way out. Of course I would have preferred just an option on the pause menu to just completely exit with one press, but I don't really exit all that often anyways so it's not a huge deal. If you're exiting enough to have it be problematic, maybe wait until you have some decent time set aside to play so it's not only a few minutes here or there.

Ah, nice. *shameface*

Edit: didn't occur to me because I was using the controller. Can haz pad skip?

Ah, nice. *shameface*

Edit: didn't occur to me because I was using the controller. Can haz pad skip?

On an Xbox controller, I use 'B' to skip scenes.

On an Xbox controller, I use 'B' to skip scenes.

Good advice to take through life. Thanks all, good work team, I'll try more than just pressing start and crying in future.

Edit: as a reward, here's a song, if I can manage to remember how to do that... LJzjAXz6VNA

Sign in to follow this