Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

SideQuest: "It's Not Like This Every Day"

We're celebrating our 15th Sidequest with Broken Age team member Ben Peck! The new episode of the documentary saw an increase in screen time for Ben so we figured it was time to get to know this mysterious programmer a little better..

[vimeo]107203988[/vimeo]

I'm counting something like 17 sidequests already, but let's not be nitpicky (and the more, the merrier). I'm looking forward to watching this one later, I usually enjoy them just as much as the regular episodes. Still hoping for a 2PP-focused sidequest, though.

This was one of my favourite side quests. Not to diminish the value of the actual game, but the stories of the reality behind Reds have been priceless for me. Really, a big deal. Thanks DF and 2PP for opening up your world for everyone to experience!

I'm counting something like 17 sidequests already, but let's not be nitpicky (and the more, the merrier). I'm looking forward to watching this one later, I usually enjoy them just as much as the regular episodes. Still hoping for a 2PP-focused sidequest, though.

I've only counted 16 that have been published via the Kickstarter updates. What am I missing? :P

01. 2012-05-11 - My Father Told Me It Would Be Like This (Tim Schafer)

02. 2012-06-27 - It's All Coming Back to Me (Tim Schafer)

03. 2012-06-27 - I'm Such a F@#$in' Genius (Tim Schafer)

04. 2012-08-08 - I Was a Very Pleasant Baby (Lee Petty)

05. 2012-09-19 - I Got My Dream Job (Anna Kipnis)

06. 2012-10-26 - Put Your Lips on That (Tim Schafer)

07. 2013-02-08 - There Are Potentially Some Legal Issues (Brandon Dillon)

08. 2013-02-08 - I Think It's Ok That I'm Still Here (Ray Cook)

09. 2013-04-16 - You Don't Step in The Same River Twice (JP LeBreton)

10. 2013-05-22 - I Would Have Absolutely Laughed (Oliver Franzke)

11. 2013-08-30 - Look, the Clocks... (Dave Gardner)

12. 2013-11-01 - What I Wish I Could Have Done Then... (Peter McConnell)

13. 2014-02-12 - The Purity of Your Intent (Khris Brown)

14. 2014-05-30 - The Weight of Sound (Camden Stoddard)

15. 2014-07-09 - My Seat Only Goes Back So Far (Justin Bailey)

16. 2014-10-16 - It's Not Like This Every Day (Ben Peck)

Another great sidequest. I can really identify with Ben's stories about early programming, and making up games on paper as a kid.

I've only counted 16 that have been published via the Kickstarter updates. What am I missing? :P

You're missing "Maybe We Were Geniuses" (Tim Schafer), which came between Camden and Justin.

Edit: Hm, looking back at the updates, it was actually announced in the same update as Camden's sidequest. It wasn't labeled as a sidequest in the update, but it is in the actual video.

You're missing "Maybe We Were Geniuses" (Tim Schafer), which came between Camden and Justin.

Edit: Hm, looking back at the updates, it was actually announced in the same update as Camden's sidequest. It wasn't labeled as a sidequest in the update, but it is in the actual video.

I see it now; thank you. That labeling (And that it's on YouTube and not Vimeo) threw me off.

Excellent video.

Being a programmer myself, this really gave me a lot to think about.

Sign in to follow this