Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chickenmonger

WOW! This game is so much goofy fun!

19 posts in this topic

Seriously, you DFers. I'm having a great time playing CQ2. I don't want it to end, so I'm taking my time!

Every single time I see that goofy clown face after I select "Laughter is the Best Medicine". :D

Yeah, the clown is awesome! I've had it in my party throughout the game mostly because I love the animations on it. It's just a bonus that it's a good healer.

I finished the game a few days ago and have been meaning to say THANK YOU DOUBLEFINE for such a fantastic, fun game. I loved every minute of it. I got 17 out of the 18 Steam badges...doubt I will go back to get the Candy Corn in every battle badge...that takes some serious dedication, and anyone who gets it deserves it.

I liked the addition of the ability to eat candy instead of finding a water fountain to recharge, though I think it would be better if the candy hit was larger than 25 pieces (maybe 100 or even 250 would have made sense, so the player would be less reliant on it.) I think that made it a little easier than it needed to be, but it certainly came in handy for me a bunch of times in the game.

If you ever decide to make a Costume Quest 3, I'll be one of the first in line. It was a really fun time.

I finished CQ2 yesterday, and I've got to say, it was really, really fun. Turns out, I'd been playing at a terrible frame rate (old computer), and when I bumped the resolution down to 800x600, I was finally able to use the Counter move. Ha!

I've got all but 7 achievements, and I'll probably go back and get those finished. I loved the pop culture/Double Fine references throughout the game. Everytime I found one, I felt like it was another hidden secret in the game that only I had found.

I'm a bit late to the (block) party, but I just wanted to say that this is indeed a terrific game! Halloween isn't really a thing where I live, so I didn't mind playing through it a few months after. It was funny to notice that, despite not having any Halloween memories, the game did tickle some nostalgic feelings; probably had to do with the story and plot that reminded me of some awesome cartoon movies I watched as a kid.

I really enjoyed the dialogue, all the different areas (the Bayou reminded me of Monkey Island for some reason, probably due to the music as well) and the crazy animated battle sequences (that hot dog costume is just ridiculous). I also thought the 'level'/world design had been improved a lot compared to the first Costume Quest. To me the game felt a lot less linear.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome game, Gabe Miller and team! I look forward to playing it again next year!

Is this the thread where we say how great CQ2 was? Just finished it (wrong holiday, I know), but I completely loved it! Especially the fight animations which were just so much fun. I'm not even a fan of clowns but I LOVED the clown special move and laughed my face off every time at that dumb clown grin.

My other favorite animation was Jefferson, it was so great how all the enemies had to put their glasses on expect for the mole which was just like *shrug*. Oh and the hot dog chugging condiments. A+ game DF!!

Well if this is the thread where we say how much we loved Costume Quest, then I have to add my approval as well. As far as I'm concerned the original game is in my top 10 games, just because I loved how expertly it crafted a strong sense of nostalgia for me when it came to Halloween (i.e. my favorite holiday).

Costume Quest 2, while not as nostalgic (I never traveled through time as a child... or not that I recall at least) had a great plot, better use for Creepy Treat cards (replacing the stickers with the under-utilized cards, plus using cool downs for the cards were both solid improvements) and was another fun romp around the CQ world which was a joy.

I would love to see more Costume Quest. In fact, every few weeks I search for any news to that effect. Double Fine should just check interest by creating a Kickstarter for CQ3, or the CQ2 DLC. I would back it.

Glad you guys liked the clown so much! Quick clown backstory: I hate clowns. Scott C also hates clowns. My goal was to come up with a clown that even clown haters would love. Scott C nailed it with his concepts. We were both laughing like crazy with some of the ideas he came up with. I wish there was some way we could have gotten all of the ideas in! (see a few unused concepts below). Also, the model and animation for the clown was done by Tyler Hurd, who has recently been in the news for BUTTS and Old Friend. You should check those out!

ClownBattle05.jpg

ClownBattle07.jpg

ClownBattle05.jpg.7015c2871a83b50dc5eaca

ClownBattle07.jpg.39cbed645e5b6c71969818

So when is Double Fine going to announce a DLC for Costume Quest 2? It would be great to have something before October 31st, 2016...

Oh man, those clown sketches/ideas by Scott C. are golden.  I am cracking up at the monster hair, hahahaha!

I actually haven't played this game yet, for various reasons, but I am so happy I was able to buy it when I got my PS4.  I think I'm gonna do a quick replay of Costume Quest 1, and then sit down to enjoy the sequel for the first time.  Better late than never! :D

Finished this game with my family member, it was absolutely fun. Replayed a bit just to get more achievements, but it was great.