Sign in to follow this  
Dazzle

Play Tips

On the deploy screen (before a battle) you can add a Hero then click Replace. Now on the zoomed in view left click Current Hero (right side of screen) and this brings up info and makes it easy to compare with Choose a Hero info on the left. Be sure to fully equip your Heroes before you Deploy, as you can't change equipment in battle. Well at least not yet!

Best Strategy/Tactics Game yet!! WTG Double Fine !!!

Lots of folks are asking for a way to position a melee attacker before the attack. This feature exists! If you click on your target for a melee attack, use the map icon in the confirmation pane to choose which tile to attack from:

VhmIH7f.png

Alternatively, if you prefer hotkeys, the F key will do the same thing while an enemy is targeted.

Have fun!

Dan

We weren't able to get our Bloodline Chooser UI in for the Premium Backer Beta, but there IS a way to have your bloodline appear in game.

Right click on MASSIVE CHALICE in your Steam library and click Properties.

Choose the LOCAL FILES tab

Click BROWSE LOCAL FILES...

Go into the Data folder

Go into the Config folder

Open up User.cfg for edit

Find this line:

CoreBloodlineName=''

Put your bloodline in, like this:

CoreBloodlineName='McGarry'

Save the file, and launch the game!!! Make sure you've chosen the Thematic/Non-Thematic setting in New Game that contains your Bloodline!

Have fun!

Dan

We weren't able to get our Bloodline Chooser UI in for the Premium Backer Beta, but there IS a way to have your bloodline appear in game.

Right click on MASSIVE CHALICE in your Steam library and click Properties.

Choose the LOCAL FILES tab

Click BROWSE LOCAL FILES...

Go into the Data folder

Go into the Config folder

Open up User.cfg for edit

Find this line:

CoreBloodlineName=''

Put your bloodline in, like this:

Save the file, and launch the game!!! Make sure you've chosen the Thematic/Non-Thematic setting in New Game that contains your Bloodline!

Have fun!

Dan

Once I do this my game wont load.

I launch and then my screen goes black - > MC.exe has stopped responding pops up -> have to fix it, so I cant choose my clan.

@rhealxdoyle - what name are you entering in there? We'll try it over here in a debug build and figure out what's going on! :D!

Oh man - don't copy and paste my text from those instructions because the forum software seems to have formatted those quotes, and they might confuse the config parser! Here's what you want:

@rhealxdoyle - what name are you entering in there? We'll try it over here in a debug build and figure out what's going on! :D!
Last name is O'Dubhghaill.

Would the apostrophe be messing it up?

The apostrophe in O'Dubhghaill is almost certainly the problem. Try this:

CoreBloodlineName='O\'Dubhghaill' 

Note the backslash after the O.

Good question and good answer - that should work!

Sorry for providing such a hacky solution to this at the moment. The bloodline chooser UI got bumped from the beta list because there was so much to get done, but we still wanted to give you guys a way to play with the bloodlines you created. We should have a friendlier approach before too long

Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Good question and good answer - that should work!

Sorry for providing such a hacky solution to this at the moment. The bloodline chooser UI got bumped from the beta list because there was so much to get done, but we still wanted to give you guys a way to play with the bloodlines you created. We should have a friendlier approach before too long

Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Hey it worked so I can't complain. Thanks Majugi / Dan

Equip and skill up your Regents and Partner even though they don't seem to fight; cause they do! In Keep battles and its too late then to do it. As they say in the South, "When your knee deep in alligators, its a little late to drain the swamp"

Equip and skill up your Regents and Partner even though they don't seem to fight; cause they do! In Keep battles and its too late then to do it. As they say in the South, "When your knee deep in alligators, its a little late to drain the swamp"
When was your first Keep battle? I'm at Year 70 and haven't seen one yet, so I think I'm due! 's fallacy>

In Hindsight, Wish I had put my keeps around the Chalice, and the Crucibles and the Guilds on the outside edges: BUT OH NO! I had to go for the outside bonuses first. now in yr 250 I cant defend my outside keeps fast enough and they fall off the earth. with my Regent , and my lv 10 relic on him and his kids. But to make things even worse there is no place to build a new keep for his Hero brother, as I already use up all the land. OH well MY Bad. Next time (in iron mode) I'll have 5 keeps built around the Chalice for my 5 families, As they say in the swamp "I my have been born yesterday, but I didn't live all day for nothing!"

If you want to see more of the starting team of five on new game start; get info on each hero (Z) and if they have siblings they show up and can be inspected also. Even though they are not part of the staring five.

This might be a bug, as I think the intent is for the reaming members to be a mystery until you complete your first battle.

Completed first final battle great ending. no spoilers here. As the game tells you, the choices you make in the last 25 yrs are important.

Looking forward to difficulty and hard core being activated for testing.

This was a very enjoyable adventure thank you Double Fine for letting me be a small part of an AWSOME game!