Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Selke

Duplicate Bloodline Regency?

Has anyone tried installing members of a single family into multiple keeps? E.g. Alice Baker becomes queen of Keep A, her brother Bob Baker becomes king of Keep B, and uncle Charlie Baker acts as king of Keep C? (1)Is this possible, (2) are relics interchangeable, and (3) can they marry each other? I'm curious to see if/how this works, and it could be a good mid/late game strategy for exploring genetic diversity without locking yourself out of relics.

I am pretty sure you can have multiple keeps "ruled" by the same bloodlines, since this has been discussed in the Teamstreams previously I think. As for the rest...I don't know for sure. I think relics are interchangeable among anyone of the same bloodline...

Smiles

@Smiles - you are correct! This should work as you describe. Relics are bound by House, so anyone with, say, the same badass green-and-white Rhino sigil could use a Relic that's from that House. :D!

Speaking of relics, has there been any word on the creation conditions of relics? On my first play through I think I got through 60 years or so with only one relic. I definitely think the rarity of a relic makes it more special and cool so I like that aspect of it, was just wondering if there was any way we could predict the creation of a relic?

@Smiles - you are correct! This should work as you describe. Relics are bound by House, so anyone with, say, the same badass green-and-white Rhino sigil could use a Relic that's from that House. :D!
Nice!

Is there a common list of Keep Names to draw from for this, or will all the keeps under the same banner have the same keep name? Alternate approach - keeps after the first are all named [Name] 2: Electric Boogaloo.

So... I accidentally did this early in my game... Anybody know if there is a way to change the house regency of a keep after one has already been assigned? Makes it hard while that house is feuding.

So... I accidentally did this early in my game... Anybody know if there is a way to change the house regency of a keep after one has already been assigned? Makes it hard while that house is feuding.

Nope. You have to kill the whole bloodline to change a keep :( You shouldn't worry about it though. I use this strategy, 4 keeps all of the same bloodline. They can still intermarry if they are at least second cousins, plus it's much easier to handle relics. I think it's a borderline dominant strategy.

I think marrying cousins is completely wrong, and should not be possible. I generally dislike the fact that a single bloodline can occupy two keeps, as it makes less variety in the game while making it easier at the same time.

Comments aside : I also started an alchemist-only game, and my objective is to have 6 keeps of the same bloodline.

SECOND cousins :P There has to be a point where you're not considered "related" anymore and second cousins seems like a good cutoff point with this game. But I think I agree with you that unrestricted bloodlines in as many keeps as you want ends up being easier and takes something away from the flavor of the game. It might not be a bad idea to enforce one keep per bloodline.

I'm not even sure it's second cousins. Lemme check on my alchemists ...

Grisbane Ixiosh, son of Rebecca, is married to Meghan Ixiosh, daughter of Sara.

Sara and Rebecca are sisters, daughters of No-one because they were 4 of the same familly, in the first heroes.

I'm not even sure it's second cousins. Lemme check on my alchemists ...

Grisbane Ixiosh, son of Rebecca, is married to Meghan Ixiosh, daughter of Sara.

Sara and Rebecca are sisters, daughters of No-one because they were 4 of the same familly, in the first heroes.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was possible. Yup, they should probably not allow strict cousins to marry. Gross.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that was possible. Yup, they should probably not allow strict cousins to marry. Gross.

It's not gross for everyone. The Ixiosh's are pretty well with it.

It's not gross for everyone. The Ixiosh's are pretty well with it.

Same with my guys. Although it does seem like the dim witted trait keeps coming up...

If they had a better indication of consanguinity I'd be fine with having any sort of incestuous pairing possible (like in CK2) as long as it resulted in increased chances of bad traits occurring (which could already be the case, if I understand how the genetics work in the game).

Sign in to follow this