Sign in to follow this  
Pixelton

Concept Art! (?)

So I love concept art in general, but Psychonauts is special. I can only dream what was left on the cutting room floor. And with the many talented artists in tow I bet it was beautiful to boot.

I've stalked Psychonauts production art for some time, and I've come to the conclusion the internet is hiding said art as said art would be too awesome too contain. That is just the theory anyway. All in all I can only find a handful of low res items. The link below is the best example:

(Link is crappy so you'll have to go to Multimedia, Image Gallery, Concept art)

PRETTY PICTURES

Does anyone know if this art exists elsewhere out there to peruse? Or if the Gods of the double headed baby are listening, any chance we can take a look at your secret stash?

Smiles and moonbeams,

-Josh

Wow, this is weird. It seems like the same url. When I repaste the new link back in and enter it actually works. Hmm... :(

Well, if you head over to the below, click on Multimedia, then Image Gallery, then Concept Art. There are twenty or so images and many show early stages of development. A few highlight Raz when he was called dart, and other when he looked liked a tiny Johnny the Homicidal Maniac:

http://v2.razputin.net/

I wish I could find more concept art. It's sorta hard to come by. I managed to locate a couple of paintings of levels the other day. Like the one with Raz about to jump out the plane in Oleanders mind. I'll have to find the site again. Some really impressive work.

I wish I could find more concept art. It's sorta hard to come by. I managed to locate a couple of paintings of levels the other day. Like the one with Raz about to jump out the plane in Oleanders mind. I'll have to find the site again. Some really impressive work.
I use to have a bunch of sites bookmarked but I lost them a while ago. I even had a site that had a bunch of MP3 files of some of the phrases from Psychonauts that you could listen to. I miss that one the most because it had "The Longest Walk" and "Helicopters go up and down" stuff.

Wow - both of those sound great!

I had an old site that for some reason was said to have all of it provided by Double Fine pre-Psychonauts release, but every other page worked except that one when I found it. I contacted the owner in hopes that he still had them but no dice.

I'd really appreciate if anyone finds more a quick link and maybe we can compile them here like a mini-art gallery.

Wow - both of those sound great!

I had an old site that for some reason was said to have all of it provided by Double Fine pre-Psychonauts release, but every other page worked except that one when I found it. I contacted the owner in hopes that he still had them but no dice.

I'd really appreciate if anyone finds more a quick link and maybe we can compile them here like a mini-art gallery.

I posted this a few times now it other threads:

http://public.fotki.com/kaecla/psychonauts_images/

Password: whisperingrock

I have a bunch of concept arts, mostly with D'Artagan ((original hero of the game)), on my Photobucket :0 I'LL GET THEM FOR YOOUUUU~~ ((PS I give weird file names to my stuff so lemme alone xD))

Sheegor

D'Artagan

Dart Expressions

Dart in Gloria's Theater

Gloria ((with Dart))

Dart in the Theater again

Lungfishopolis ((with giant Dart shilowet or however it's spelt xD))

Dart's Render

Sasha Nein ((and sketchy Dart. LOOK CLOSELY AND YOU'LL SEE SASHA WITHOUT GLASSES))

Becky ((with Dart))

Color Images of Basic Braining ((with Dart))

Linda ((and Tiny Dart DON'T DO IT DART OH GOD))

.. aaaand that's all I have :3 LOVE ME~ <3

Awesome! I've scrounged for any Psychonauts concept art available, and you guys managed to get me a few I hadn't seen yet!

I have a book that has a couple of concept pieces from Psychonauts, but they aren't anything we haven't seen before, really. It's still awesome.

I was gonna use this as another opportunity to shamelessly plug teh RPG, but I figured there's no point, everyone who reads this is either in or turned us down. Or is acting stupid and pretending I never sent them a PM. D=

Thank you all sooo much. Apparently my magic forum elf missed the great replies. Time for magic fairy elf BBQ while I stare longingly at the pages of concept art. :D

Thank you all sooo much. Apparently my magic forum elf missed the great replies. Time for magic fairy elf BBQ while I stare longingly at the pages of concept art. :D
No problem.

I love the concept art for this game, its so stylized that I don't even know what to do with it, its got styles upon styles.

Got any more? :P
Not much. Here is some other stuff I have though they are not concept art really:

Razputin High Quality (H.Q.) pic

Raz Concept Art H.Q. (My current wallpaper on PC and Xbox 360 Dashboard Theme)

Y'see, that's what I'm talking about. I know no one is hot on Psychonauts maquettes, but maybe, and DF could swing this, a set of full size prints of the end credits pictures suitable for framing. That would be nice. Right now, the closest thing is that collection of very nice post cards. Which I have yet to get because I keep forgetting.

I agree with ya on that one. I can't see me getting the cards, and that print of all the characters is a bit pricey for me.

I'd proabably kill someone for an artbook.

I agree with ya on that one. I can't see me getting the cards, and that print of all the characters is a bit pricey for me.

I'd proabably kill someone for an artbook.

Wow. Killing for a book. That is so ... Ninth Gate.

Ya know, I really liked the Ninth Gate. That was a darn good movie. Freaky too.

Do you suppose that there are certain Psychonaut manuals out there that have within them a key to releasing Raz upon this world? Should I go out now searching for these manuals? Do you think Gamestop is already ahead of us on this and very close to completeing the ritual? What horrors would they unleash if given the chance?

I don't suppose there's anything involving the Coach's 'classroom', is there?

I kinda need it for reference.