• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

Double Fine Action Figures

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got my hands on a Double Fine action figure. A Psychonauts - Razputin. It's neat. I haven't gotten any of the other figures yet. Possibly down the road I'll look into getting some more. I took a bunch of pictures of him. I tried to find my old custom Raz and Dogen figures from a while back, and do some comparison shots. But I think they may have gotten lost in one of my moves. Which is sad. Ah well. I'll share some of the pictures here. Has anyone else grabbed any of Double Fine's action figures? Any other photos people have taken of theirs?

VUQ4pncl.jpg

955s7tCl.jpg

yyy22uZl.jpg

EAdsMM9l.jpg

sq2CyXel.jpg

B38cnKYl.jpg

buEvv5Cl.jpg

RQlgQoAl.jpg

AvNZaobl.jpg

aVci7iGl.jpg

UEcEWa3l.jpg

HcrgMYhl.jpg

saWlhfAl.jpg

qymXhD5l.jpg

I haven't yet picked up the Psychonauts figures (I really should before they're sold out), but I have the Cave figures and I like them a lot.

I took some pictures of the Cave figures (I'll have to grab them off my iPad). They aren't as awesome as your Raz pictures though (they're just the figures set up on my computer desk behind my Kinect and Wii sensor and next to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Stitch plushes.

zy7b10.jpg

Cool! Is that the whole collection of characters from The Cave? It looks like they must be about the same size as the Psychonaut ones. Also those are some nice looking Oswald and Stitch plushies. Are they custom made?

I've got the whole set of figures from The Cave but I keep them in the boxes. I could not get most of the to stand on their own so for now I've left them like this.

MqtPqEa.jpg

Awesome, you've got the Sam & Max figure and the Stacking dolls. :)

I wanted those, but they were sold out before I could scrounge up the money. Nice to see them all together. :)

And, yeah. That's the full set of figures from The Cave, seven as opposed to the ten for the Psychonauts. My figures stood up pretty well, although I had to pull the legs out a bit for The Adventurer in order to not have her fall over.

The Oswald and Stitch plushies aren't customs. Disney's pretty good at making awesome plushies. The Oswald one I got for free from The Disney Store when it was on clearance for $5 and I had a $5 off coupon. The Stitch one was from Disney World, so it was overpriced, but it looked really cute and I figured the awesome deal I got on the Oswald plushie would compensate. :)

I just started making custom plushies though. My first one is Max, which I found out the hard way is a pretty hard one to do for your first. It's a work in progress, but I think it's coming out pretty well so far:

zno8hx.jpg

Wow. Window that is a amazing collection there. I love it all. Especially the Sam and Max statue. And even though I wasn't a huge fan of Stacking, those Russian Dolls might have been the most perfect game merchandise Tie-In ideas ever.

Jenni those Cave characters are such a great cast. Sounds like in the end things evened out then after you bought the plushies. Nice. I know a local Disney Store near me just had a grand Re-Opening. I should check out what they have at some point.

Thanks for sharing the WIP Max photo. What's the process for that like? Any other photos of it?

Thank you!

I really like your Psychonauts set up. The brain is a nice touch.

And Jenni, hope you will show off the completed Max plushy. That's not bad at all for starting out.