Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
liorean

Massive Chalicepaedia?

I realise this probably would require a lot more writing than you have, but I'd really like to have some equivalent to the MicroProse {{{GameName}}}Paedia in this game. Somewhere you see enemy descriptions, technologies you have, read on the areas of the land and the history of this incursion and the chalice etc.

I realise this probably would require a lot more writing than you have, but I'd really like to have some equivalent to the MicroProse {{{GameName}}}Paedia in this game. Somewhere you see enemy descriptions, technologies you have, read on the areas of the land and the history of this incursion and the chalice etc.

Even if this doesn't happen in the game, let's have a wiki somewhere.

Well, having a wiki I think is inevitable, but I'd really like to have it in the game as it feels like it is a considerable strengthening of the lore side of any of those games. Ufopaedia wasn't just game facts but also world building and very much a part of the setting, likewise most 4X TBS that MicroProse made, whether space empire building like Master of Orion, grand time scale global like Civilization, more limited scope like Colonization or the tactical combat variant of UFO/XCOM. And masterpieces like Alpha Centauri would be just less graphically interesting Civ 2 clones with no lore behind them at all if they didn't have the equivalent.

I second this! Sure it's another, not so much game selling feature to work on, but, if it's been considered before Internally, & all the elements are readily available to implement it, I say do it! : D

I'd love some back-story & Info about the Cadence. Oh God, what if It's the Sagewrights who are actually gathering all the Information & you enter their Archives to "scroll" ;D through the Information. Maybe a few clashing opinions about historical or enemy elements from the Standards to liven things up a bit between the two "schools/Factions?...

Enter the Archives!

MassiveChaliceLore_zpsf3a5a4cc.jpg

That'd be really cool.

I agree that it helps add a lot to the world building. I am not sure if they have enough time to do it, and to get it all translated into each of the FIGS languages, but I'd like if they could consider such a thing again.

Smiles

Sign in to follow this